Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. computer activity tells us she was in the house working on her computer late on Wednesday evening
2. no signs of forced entry or struggle tells us ... what exactly?
3. wallet & contacts/eyeglasses left in the house tells us ... what exactly?
4. dogs in the basement tells us ... what exactly?
Tells us we're going to have a thread full of "PM me" posts.

:(

jmo

To anyone with knowledge in analytics/statistics — wouldn’t the new timeline (no longer while jogging) decrease the probability the person of interest is unknown/random? That just seems logical. They would need to know a rough schedule.

I am not a sleuth by any means, and am hesitant to even comment much more as I feel it is important to respect the investigation and have confidence in the training and capabilities of the Federal Breauea.

I am new to the forum; I have been taken by the story — Mollie seems genuinely good, kind, and caring as anyone could be. I believe hope is important and prayer is one of the most powerful moves we can make. I just put myself in Mollie’s place and would wish for prayers that good prevails, prayers for family and all those working on the case.
Even if you’re not used to praying, I don’t think it would be in vain.

As for all the mothers/daughters/sisters on the forum, I advise reading The Gift of Fear. This is a solid book that helps one be more attune to their intuition, as it could save one’s life.

Also, though a tangent, wondering if anyone has heard the Radiolab podcast “Eye in the Sky”? This type of system, if in place, would vastly reduce the time to solve an abduction and improve all odds.

Welcome here!

I agree with you. If she was attacked in the home that totally reduces the possibility of random/stranger type attack.

I'm thinking someone knew she was there. Scary.

Thanks for the optimism and encouragement to keep hopeful and send prayers. Any positive energy can help I think.

At the least it helps those who love Mollie.

And we've seen that some people can come back. Alive.

1. computer activity tells us she was in the house working on her computer late on Wednesday evening
3. wallet & eyeglasses left in the house tells us ... what exactly?
2. She left on her own which I don’t believe or she knew whomever it was that took her if she was taken or the doors were unlocked and whomever managed to subdue her without a struggle!
3. She was in for the night and not ready for the next day! Or she had another pair of contacts she was wearing
4. -She had either put them down for the night
-She had either put them down for the night and wasn’t able to let them out before she went to work because she was taken!
-she took them out when she woke up Thursday am first thing and put them back in the basement before she went to get ready for work!

3. wallet & eyeglasses left in the house tells us ... what exactly?

This tells us that she was home late in the evening, wasn't taken by force from the house, no one broke into the house, that she went out by herself and planned to stay out for not too long, did not take the dogs for a walk.

In short, no violent situation in the house, she probably went out to get something or do something with the idea to return quick and came across someone she knew there.
This because her friend Brady who initially thought she was taken by someone and may be out of the state by now, claims new evidence suggesting otherwise, so there seems to be some evidence she is in the area, unclear what that evidence may be.

2. She left on her own which I don’t believe or she knew whomever it was that took her if she was taken or the doors were unlocked and whomever managed to subdue her without a struggle!
3. She was in for the night and not ready for the next day! Or she had another pair of contacts she was wearing
4. -She had either put them down for the night
-She had either put them down for the night and wasn’t able to let them out before she went to work because she was taken!
-she took them out when she woke up Thursday am first thing and put them back in the basement before she went to get ready for work!
I’m curious if dogs had food and water in basement, had urinated or pooped etc. to me that could tell a lot on the time frame! Ex; I take our dogs food and water away around 7-7:30. Last walk of the night is 10:30 and the old dog and the puppy are both ready to go out at 5:45-6am when husband is leaving for work.

Continuing on the discussion of this article from the last thread: New details provide insight into night Mollie Tibbetts was last seen

In particular these quotes:

One thing that I'm thinking is it's interesting that the Ames police twitter account posted and deleted that item that mentioned the 10pm and return home bits together. I thought it was inaccurate before but now I'm wondering if they had the right info but jumped the gun on releasing it...

I think they jumped the gun.

I don’t have a Fitbit, but if she wore it to bed at night, would they be able to tell what time/if she went to bed/woke up? Thanks!
Yes, and it will tell if she wakes up at any point and goes back to sleep, if she has a restless sleep or if a she gets up for any reason and goes back to sleep with a pretty precise time.

Might not have been a sexual abduction. Someone could have been mad at her and taken his or her anger out on her. Then had to dispose of her body.

Along that same line of thinking, maybe it was someone mad at the boyfriend or boyfriend’s brother. Any customers that are unhappy with them?

Another thought I had was what time do workers show up at the electric company next door? I wonder if anyone was late without an excuse or called off without warning that day.

(Still 10 pages behind so sorry if this has been said!)

throughout these threads there have been mentions of fitbit recording heart rate. i have a smart watch (not a fitbit) which measures my heart rate but only at certain intervals... every 5 or 10 minutes I can see a sensor on the back of the watch blinking which means it's measuring. anyone know if fitbits operate similarly or if they actually capture heart rate continuously?

Not quite, cell phones ping cell towers even when not in a call/text; this is so the cell network knows how to contact your phone when a call/message comes in.

we have to find a way to connect the friends of WCJD search with ours. I just don't know how.

Or any activity the phone does on the cellular data network. Ex. Facebook. Email. SC. And some of these applications are set to continuously update periodically on their own Which results in random pings throughout the day.

I don’t have a Fitbit, but if she wore it to bed at night, would they be able to tell what time/if she went to bed/woke up? Thanks!
I have one. I tap it to let it know I’m going to bed. In the morning it tells me how often I turned over, moved, etc. Newer models may have different features. At a minimum, it would show heart rate changes that would signify if she was active or at rest. I hate to think of her heart rate during an abduction.

throughout these threads there have been mentions of fitbit recording heart rate. i have a smart watch (not a fitbit) which measures my heart rate but only at certain intervals... every 5 or 10 minutes I can see a sensor on the back of the watch blinking which means it's measuring. anyone know if fitbits operate similarly or if they actually capture heart rate continuously?

Somewhere in this thread, did someone say that Mollie didn't have the sort of Fitbit that recorded heart rate? Does anyone else remember seeing that?

Bumped from the previous thread

The red shirt wasn't a normal work shirt. A fair was being held the day after she disappeared and everyone was going to wear a red shirt for that event. The shirt hasn't been found yet.
Do you have a link about the shirt not being found?

Forty posts removed... that is unacceptable. It is time consuming for the moderator and unnecessary. New and long time members should be familiar with the rules before posting.
DO NOT:
* quote a post with unsubstantiated information- alert it ASAP
* invite members to a conversation on the public thread
* cause a flurry of "me toos" to be included in a conversation
* sleuth family including the background on their homes and businesses

DO:
* include a link to substantiate a statement posted as fact
* read our rules

Rules - Etiquette & Information
Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member