DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think she ran off on her own.

*why bother doing this homework then?
*why isn’t there more “stuff” missing?
*why worry about the dessert being made for work?
*out of character...no notes to anybody nothing
*authorities don’t believe she just left
*lack of means to get “lost”...at least without help and that should have left a footprint (no car, lack of public transportation)
*intended on a trip to the islands soon (heck why not wait until after that vacation)

I def don’t think she ran off on her own. Simply stating that would be the better alternative to what we already know ....

I first heard of Mollie's case via evening national news 7/20.
I immediately came to WS knowing good people would quickly be at work.
I also quickly recalled a case with initially similar aspects: female, runner, rather rural area, missing.
Sherry Arnold, Montana, Jan 2012
All that was initially found was a single running shoe, roadside. No other trace.
Sherry was friend to friends of mine so case was especially followed over cross country distance.
Days went by without leads.
Not until it was reported the conscience of one actor caused him to admit incident to another. In the end, both transient individuals were convicted in case where Sherry was abducted by them while they were in self proclaimed drug fueled state, she was killed and buried over state line, equally rural area, in ND. It was weeks before her body was located.

Like many here, i would hope this not to be outcome of Mollie's case. I too, hold to a shard of hope, whether Mollie fled voluntarily or not, she returns. I hope people continue to offer ideas and tips to lead to a resolution.

One small one I'll offer, these days wallets not so much needed as many pay with phone which many of us have nearly tethered where ever we go. To that end, perhaps MT did leave out late night of own accord. I haven't seen said (nor does LE need to) if there was any phone/banking activity.

The wedding is set for Aug. 2. Haven't heard if it's on or off? Lots of money, tickets, reservations. Wow.
The dogs still bother me. I saw several FB pictures of those two Labs. They seem much loved. Laying on a beautiful bed on the floor with nice coverings..sheets and blankets. I can understand them being put downstairs instead of in cages when owners are gone to work. It's also cooler and the basement is really half up and half down.
I do not understand that Mollie a described dog lover would have the dogs downstairs during the evening when she's home alone. The saying 'how come my dogs don't bark when you come round' comes to mind.
I don't know but this missing Mollie is reminding me so much of the Holly Bobo case. And we all know how that turned out.

A basement is not a tornado or root cellar.

True. Having lived in Indiana; I know there are differences. Dogs, in hot weather, and with family tradition, like cool floors when no one is in the house; So they stay there.

Here's a weird question:
How far is her new University apartment from the summer job that MT has?

The reason I am asking:
What IF she was excited about her new "off-campus housing", and wanted to camp out there, even though it is not fully furnished yet, & then decided to finish up a group project for her summer classes, with a couple of friends? Did she already have limited access to that new apartment?

Then, They all go there; Someone has a laptop; MT can finish up her homework by the midnight deadline. No problem.

If the distance between her new apartment and the summer job is short (at least shorter than 15 miles), .........she might have decided to run from one to the other.

And during a lightening storm, on the way, in the morning, sought cover under a bridge, and met with an accident

(grabbing at straws here.)

I am about 10 pages behind, but I believe it all hinges on that ride to work. I just don't understand why it is taking so long. My guess is that someone in the family knew who picked her up for work in the morning, so it stands to reason that the police/FBI also know who that person is. It's so perplexing...

Good point re: wallet

I first heard of Mollie's case via evening national news 7/20.
I immediately came to WS knowing good people would quickly be at work.
I also quickly recalled a case with initially similar aspects: female, runner, rather rural area, missing.
Sherry Arnold, Montana, Jan 2012
All that was initially found was a single running shoe, roadside. No other trace.
Sherry was friend to friends of mine so case was especially followed over cross country distance.
Days went by without leads.
Not until it was reported the conscience of one actor caused him to admit incident to another. In the end, both transient individuals were convicted in case where Sherry was abducted by them while they were in self proclaimed drug fueled state, she was killed and buried over state line, equally rural area, in ND. It was weeks before her body was located.

Like many here, i would hope this not to be outcome of Mollie's case. I too, hold to a shard of hope, whether Mollie fled voluntarily or not, she returns. I hope people continue to offer ideas and tips to lead to a resolution.

One small one I'll offer, these days wallets not so much needed as many pay with phone which many of us have nearly tethered where ever we go. To that end, perhaps MT did leave out late night of own accord. I haven't seen said (nor does LE need to) if there was any phone/banking activity.

Typical American basement pictures.

basement pictures - Google Search:

Fwiw In the past with big dogs I didn't like dog crates in my nice living room. The crates are huge! So I kept them out of site in the basement. The basement was nice! And they were crated whenever I left the house. But they slept on my bedroom floor at night.
And some dogs have to stay in the basement while their owners are out because they are spoiled and naughty.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 12.21.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 12.21.36 PM.png
    628.7 KB · Views: 41
There’s a map linked here: IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

She was basically splitting time there and her mom’s house for the summer.

Thanks for that. Ok the road going North up to her Moms in Bear Drive - has a lot of open spaces... https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/ap...9&key=AIzaSyAy3_Eqgwg_whwbGU3zOQFM4IG5lgaF8Qg

Makes it an ideal road for abduction.

So what we do know is - her Mom invited her for dinner and she was splitting time between her Moms house & her bf's house for the summer. So it wouldn't be absurd for her to go there for dinner - especially if she was all alone in the house. If she had been running early she'd definitely be hungry by 7.45 ish...

Did she plan on staying the night...who knows

We also have the neighbors possible sighting of her going in that direction - but never returning. We also have a huge number of teenagers going missing in Iowa in the last 2 weeks.

If we could get any info on the others whove gone missing...for example - were they also walking along similar roads at a similar time as it was getting dark...then we could see this is not an isolated case of possible abduction.

Joy Fopma is a woman from Iowa who has set up an organization dealing with human trafficking (if this indeed is a trafficking case)

Sex Trafficking Survivors Find Hope in Iowa Halfway Home

That area had thunderstorms with torrents of rain starting in the early morning hours of July 19th.

She would not be out with the dogs. She would not be out for a run or walking anywhere.

I wonder if the dogs freak out over thunder?

Her homework would be tine stamped.

The yard had invisible fence. She could let the dogs out on their own.

In that kind of weather, I doubt that there would be a window peeper.

Labs are high need dogs. They are "mouthy" Require a lot of exercise and attention. We have a hunting field outside our city so have been around Labs for many, many years. They are now my Grandchildren as our adult children have them. Some are rescues and some are from a high bloodline brought up from Mississippi. They are same in nature. I babysit them when they are working. I don't want them home alone. They go batchit crazy when anything walks/goes by. When somebody enters the house. Oh your here to "play with me" I get putting them in the basement as your square coffee table may be round when you come home. Seems odd they were in the basement for a dog lover.

Thanks for that. Ok the road going North up to her Moms in Bear Drive - has a lot of open spaces... https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/ap...9&key=AIzaSyAy3_Eqgwg_whwbGU3zOQFM4IG5lgaF8Qg

Makes it an ideal road for abduction.

So what we do know is - her Mom invited her for dinner and she was splitting time between her Moms house & her bf's house for the summer. So it wouldn't be absurd for her to go there for dinner - especially if she was all alone in the house. If she had been running early she'd definitely be hungry by 7.45 ish...

Did she plan on staying the night...who knows

We also have the neighbors possible sighting of her going in that direction - but never returning. We also have a huge number of teenagers going missing in Iowa in the last 2 weeks.

If we could get any info on the others whove gone missing...for example - were they also walking along similar roads at a similar time as it was getting dark...then we could see this is not an isolated case of possible abduction.

Joy Fopma is a woman from Iowa who has set up an organization dealing with human trafficking (if this indeed is a trafficking case)

Sex Trafficking Survivors Find Hope in Iowa Halfway Home

What are the characteristics of sex trafficked people? Does Mollie fit the demographic? I don’t think so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee