Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Throwing this out about the dogs- I have a lab/golden retriever mix and now that she is older(still under age 1) so really still a puppy- we can leave her in the house as long as everything is put up which I usually keep a very tidy house but I have to have bathroom door shut or make sure kids put all their toys away. She is a chewer so I keep lots of toys for her around. We do have a fenced in back yard so my dogs can enjoy the outdoors all day. If mollies boyfriends brother didn’t have a fenced in yard, the basement may be a good option if the dog is a chewer. I don’t think that means they are less of dog lovers. No one wants their whole house chewed apart!
One of mine gets crated for her own protection actually which could be the same case if the basement holds less hazardous items to be chewed up. So you are right it doesn’t make them less of a dog lover it might make them a responsible one.

Of course. Labs require tons. My point being if somebody entered the house whether friend or foe the Labs likely were not much protection. Do we have absolute verification from LE they were in the basement or was that a reporter.

There may be another article, but this one does not name the source of the information, so I'm going with reporter: Mollie Tibbetts searchers get Fitbit information

The dogs were in the basement, where they were kept when nobody was home.

I think someone disabled her cell phone but forgot about the fitbit. Hence the early focus on her run and fitbit when a cell phone would have same data and more.

If the phone was disabled, the Fitbit data would end at the same time (or earlier depending on sync settings), at least until the actual Fitbit turns up

The only way they wouldn’t release a good timeline is if they believe they have their suspect! That’s the only thing that makes sense. Hands down, I think they know. Just waiting

I agree. I suspect--and I hate to say this--that if they found her body, they'd have someone arrested the same day. I have no idea who, but I bet that they're putting together a puzzle of phone, Fitbit, social media, that points to someone.

The only way they wouldn’t release a good timeline is if they believe they have their suspect! That’s the only thing that makes sense. Hands down, I think they know. Just waiting

I believe this as well. LE just waiting for this person to make a mistake or trip up somewhere. They at least suspect someone at this point.

It would seem to me that a likely scenario would be that someone that was coming through the area saw Mollie on her run. They then followed her to her house and possibly waited until she came out in the morning. To either walk the dogs or run to her mothers house to get the car. They could have taken her at this point. This would explain why her work shirt was not found because she was already wearing it. It would also make sense that she might not have put in her contacts at this point but might have just had her phone and fitbit on.

If someone / something like this did happen and it was someone that was passing through, it would seem like there would be a record of that person purchasing gas somewhere in Iowa. Most likely along I-80

Even if it had GPS, all it means is that the watch could have been tracking location - not that the data would be sent to Fitbit since it still needs to be paired to a phone to communicate.

Thank you for explaining how the fit bit works. I’ve only had an Apple Watch. I’m disabled and I can’t workout so a Fitbit is no use to me and I’ve never used one.

throughout these threads there have been mentions of fitbit recording heart rate. i have a smart watch (not a fitbit) which measures my heart rate but only at certain intervals... every 5 or 10 minutes I can see a sensor on the back of the watch blinking which means it's measuring. anyone know if fitbits operate similarly or if they actually capture heart rate continuously?

I rarely wear mine to bed because the light on the back of the face sometimes wakes me up; so I'd wager a guess "yes". We know this apparently wasn't a problem for Mollie as she did wear hers to bed; so may be pointless observation.

I feel like overall, the technology isn't very good though; like those palm sensors on exercise machines that measure your heart rate at 108, when you're pretty sure you're laboring closer to 130; as it would seem to me to be the same principle (measuring on a tactile basis). I've heard tales of people who said they "gained steps" with their Fitbit riding on buses (bounce of the bus measuring as movements); someone once leaving theirs in a clothes dryer ditto; and I once walked an easily 45-step stalled escalator on my way to work, after which point the watch credited me with having ascended - zero flights of stairs. (!)

Jmo “late in the evening” in this case to me appears to mean as in after running, eating etc...I am thinking after 10pm but jmo. Late enough so it is reasonable to think she did not head out again. But...LE does not want us to know for sure. Seems like they would be stressing asking for any morning sightings on Thursday unless they know more.

And that's my point. "If" the dogs were in the basement was she headed out? We don't have verified info they were. Was it a normal habit to put them in the basement for sleep time. As much as our Labs were "busy" night time they were down and out. Free to land where they chose. I think we saw some info there was an electric fencing in place. Maybe they were in the yard and running after she got home. If only dogs could talk.

I wonder if Mollie used WhatsApp or KiK or any other Apps to contact people.

Hopefully staff at the DIY stores in the area are keeping an eye out for an individual buying suspicious items like plastic sheeting, shovels etc.

What we know:

Molly is a student at Iowa University. During the Summer and other breaks, Mollie splits her time living between her boyfriends home and her Mom's home.

Mollie's Boy friend left for work on Tuesday July , 17th, 2018. He works approximately 100 miles away.

Mollie is the only person staying at the home at this time. The other occupants are not there at the time she disappeared.

Mollie's brother gives her a ride home from work at about 5:30 P.M. the evening of Wednesday, July 18th. The 2 of them share a car.

Mollie goes for a jog sometime after she is dropped off.

Mollie's mom invites her to her home for dinner. Mom is making Brats.

Mollie does not show up for dinner.

Mollie , at some point later in the evening, logs into her computer to school work.

She sends a snapchat to her boyfriend.

Storms go through town in the early morning hours of Thursday, July 19th, 2018.

Mollie never shows up for work.

Mollie is reported missing , and the dogs were in the basement, which is the protocol for this home when everyone is gone.

Things we don't know, things that are speculated:

The neighbor is "pretty certain" he sees Mollie out for a jog/brisk walk.

Mollie comes back to her Boyfriend's home after her jog. It seems logical , because of the snapchat and home work being done in the late evening.

Things we don't know:

Why did Mollie leave home without her wallet?

Did she disappear on Wednesday night , July 18th.. or did she disappear Thursday morning July 19th?

Was Mollie wearing the red t-shirt that cannot be found? (this t shirt was meant to be worn by staff for a fair that was in town that day) .

Does her fit bit only give a number of steps, or does it have an actual GPS that gives locations?

When was her cell phone powered off?

Where is her cell phone?

Where was her snapchat photo taken?

Was the photo a normal photo of Mollie? Did she appear to be under any sign of duress?

Was there any flooding or swift water moving at the time that Mollie would have been walking to her Mom's house to get a ride to work, or to pick up the car?

Conclusion at this point:

Reports indicate that Mollie is a responsible and vivacious young woman that does not have any mental health issues, a track record of running away , or any large health issues (at least NONE of this sort of thing has been reported.)

Her boyfriend, brothers and Mother have been cleared of any wrong doing.

Mollie has been missing for either 10 days or 11 days.

SO far, ( at least what has been offered and reported to the public) no physical evidence has been recovered.

Focusing on what we know and we do not know is imperative. The fact that Mollie didn't show up for dinner and that Mom wasn't concerned is not evidence of anything nefarious. Maybe Mollie didn't like Brats and her mom knew that?

Hoping that today is THE day that we get tangible proof of what has happened to Mollie Tibbetts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman