Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's interesting isn't it, my children still live with me so don't know what they will do in the future but with my own parents I would always send a quick message to say I was on my way but families are so different I know and Mollie not showing up for the brats (I have no clue what that is BTW) doesn't seem to have been anything out of the ordinary

Brats are bratwurst sausages. Pronounced "brawts".

I’m not sure. The fiancée may not be thrilled to cancel her destination wedding because of this. Maybe if there was an indication of an actual crime, but right now there is no evidence that a crime happened.

It's going to put a damper on things but she's not family. She's getting married to the brother of the boyfriend of the missing girl.

She knows her and is probably horrified but I doubt she'd call off an intricately and likely long-planned, expensive wedding for someone who is not family.

Brats are bratwurst sausages. Pronounced "brawts".

It's going to put a damper on things but she's not family. She's getting married to the brother of the boyfriend of the missing girl.

She knows her and is probably horrified but I doubt she'd call off an intricately and likely long-planned, expensive wedding for someone who is not family.

I hate brats. So no thanks .

I cannot see forfeiting thousands of dollars on this wedding. It will be a bummer, for sure. I imagine lots invited have some kind of relationship with Mollie. I wonder how many people are going. Not many would be my guess. $$$$$$$$$

My hyper labradoodles can be crated for 8 hours with no trouble if I had to make them go that long, but only because they get long walks 2x day. I work from home so they are rarely crated for more than 3-4 hours.

Mollie lived there for breaks from school, most of the time, according to Dalton’s Mom. “She practically lives with my son.” But I can’t remember where I read that. Probably an article very early on. But I can’t back it up with a link.

Thatd be true - labradors really do need at least 2 walks a day to calm them down :)

So taking that into consideration - has there been any sighting of her walking the dogs the day she went missing? It sounds like she went for a run...but no walks...

Labs are high need dogs. They are "mouthy" Require a lot of exercise and attention. We have a hunting field outside our city so have been around Labs for many, many years. They are now my Grandchildren as our adult children have them. Some are rescues and some are from a high bloodline brought up from Mississippi. They are same in nature. I babysit them when they are working. I don't want them home alone. They go batchit crazy when anything walks/goes by. When somebody enters the house. Oh your here to "play with me" I get putting them in the basement as your square coffee table may be round when you come home. Seems odd they were in the basement for a dog lover.
yes animals require attention

I dont use snapchat myself but I am aware that when you send a snapchat, it tells all of your followers your location. So when Mollie sent her goodnight snapchat, everybody on her followers list will have known her location...

I dont use snapchat myself but I am aware that when you send a snapchat, it tells all of your followers your location. So when Mollie sent her goodnight snapchat, everybody on her followers list will have known her location...
You can put it on ghost mode which prevents your location from being shared.

If LE knows she was picked up in the a.m. for work...LE is not talking about it, which means there is a reason and probable suspect. But since they are seemingly still trying to figure out what her last moves were and when, I don’t think they do know.

But it is very curious that no one has said who was planning on picking her up. Especially if her brother was wondering if she needed a ride home from work, not to work.

What are the characteristics of sex trafficked people? Does Mollie fit the demographic? I don’t think so

"Believe it or not, human trafficking touches nearly every town in Iowa; big and small. It’s often hard for people to believe it’s happening in their own communities. Studies show victims in Iowa are typically young girls between 16 and 19 years old."

Hiding in Plain Sight: A Story of Human Trafficking in Iowa

She's a fairly petite 20 year old - she seems to fit the demographic very well. A trafficker is interested in what will make them money.

yes animals require attention
Of course. Labs require tons. My point being if somebody entered the house whether friend or foe the Labs likely were not much protection. Do we have absolute verification from LE they were in the basement or was that a reporter.

Throwing this out about the dogs- I have a lab/golden retriever mix and now that she is older(still under age 1) so really still a puppy- we can leave her in the house as long as everything is put up which I usually keep a very tidy house but I have to have bathroom door shut or make sure kids put all their toys away. She is a chewer so I keep lots of toys for her around. We do have a fenced in back yard so my dogs can enjoy the outdoors all day. If mollies boyfriends brother didn’t have a fenced in yard, the basement may be a good option if the dog is a chewer. I don’t think that means they are less of dog lovers. No one wants their whole house chewed apart!

I'm new here. And probably not saying anything new but wanted to share my thoughts.

Until we got the info about doing HW late in the evening, I figured something happened to her on the way to Mom's for dinner. This would explain the car confusion. Maybe she was planning to walk there, get the car and drive home (I know her wallet was at home, but since it's only a 1 mile/2 min drive, maybe she thought nothing of not having it with her). Then when her brother saw the car was there the next morning, he texted about needing a ride, maybe figuring since she left the car, she got a ride with someone else.

But the HW thing throws me off. Of course, we don't know what "late in the evening is." And like someone else posited, "evening" could mean like 8:00 to some people, so did she do HW and then log off and go walk to her mom's and that theory is still solid? If nothing happened to her until overnight/morning hours at home, where was she walking to at 730 when the neighbor saw her if she never made it to mom's for dinner? Just going for another walk/run?

I've thought along the same lines: that she might well have been abducted on the way to her mother's place. The news of her being on the computer late in the evening threw me, too--but what IS 'late in the evening'?

She could have planned to take the car and drive back to her boyfriends place that night. Or, she could have planned to spend the night at her mother's place, and drive back in the morning to let the dogs out, before she went to work. (And that might explain the missing red shirt--if she had it with her, to wear it in the morning.)

Either way, I'm not thrown by the fact that she didn't have her driver's license. I doubt that she'd deliberately plan to drive without it, but if she routinely went running without an ID--which I think is possible--she might easily have acted on habit, and forgotten to take it.

I thought she was only living there a short time and it was temporary? Also, if she was dogsitting and was going to work for the day - is that what dogsitters normally do...especially for labradors who are extremely needy...

I have cared for numerous other's pets (dogs, cats, fish) utilizing visits before & after work thru staying in home. Some dogs and their owners are both content and groomed to range of either continuous human presence like owner is home or a 12 hour cycle (seems sooo long to me but i was assured and experienced it firsthand with a few capable canines).
Seems Mollie could do the same, be present to an extent and also away for an extended time. By that, i suggest she may have planned evening at bf's, go to mom's, return in a.m. enroute/before work via either ride or jog. This can be reasoned with what seems left behind but phone gone.
JMO + again, experience

"Believe it or not, human trafficking touches nearly every town in Iowa; big and small. It’s often hard for people to believe it’s happening in their own communities. Studies show victims in Iowa are typically young girls between 16 and 19 years old."

——————
We have a sex offender who moved into the condo building next to us, and next to her photo online it says “transporting for human trafficking” or something close to that. And we live in suburban area that you’d think was pretty safe. I saw her the other day and my daughter and I walked past her to get to our building . You never know who is even just seeing a younger person (both male and female) and taking note of their daily routine and actions, etc so they can send that information along to others as well.

Hiding in Plain Sight: A Story of Human Trafficking in Iowa

She's a fairly petite 20 year old - she seems to fit the demographic very well. A trafficker is interested in what will make them money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman