Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to her FB. And look at others it who work at her place of work that are on Facebook there are only 6-7 guys. Most are female. Of course they may just not be ok SM. But just an observation. May be an opportunity to sleuth a little of anyone is looking for something to get into.

I'd say there are no obvious signs of a struggle. Otherwise that would have been mentioned. New info means she was likely taken from the house late on Wednesday evening or relatively early on Thursday morning. Her wallet was left behind, though, so that means she hadn't yet left for the day / for work.
Then she put her red top that's missing on the night before she was to wear it to work? I don't think so. With the timeline we seem to be developing. Her red top is missing but her glasses and other things she would be expected to take to work. Seems she went missing right after her morning shower and dressing to go to work. She got out of the shower but not out the door!

Lisboa - The problem with that guy's account is we know her laptop data tells LE she was up late doing work on it. So she was definitely at the house later that night. I feel like that guy is either mistaken about what he saw or maybe he missed her returning to the house for some reason.

Doing homework late into the night.

So was someone in the house? I would not think she would answer the door late at night.

Did something happen in the morning when she brought the dogs out? But where would the dogs be if she was accosted in the morning? Did she bring them on a walk and the perp entered the home while she was out?

She brought the dogs out without glasses or contacts?

I came from a REALLY small town, population 642 - we didn't lock our doors until we went to bed. If Mollie didn't normally lock up at night, maybe she forgot? Truthfully, I still forget every once in a while.

Late homework...glasses and contacts still at home. If she made it back from her run and disappeared from the house then I'm thinking the dogs slept in the basement overnight. My lab is the loudest most ferocious barker at all delivery trucks, humans and other animals she sees out the front windows. When we go to the country we keep her in our bedroom with the door shut because if she's left loose she usually ends up barking at a coyote or some other critter. So I have to wonder if the dogs heard something overnight and Mollie got up to check it out. I use my iPhone flashlight all the time - so she could have had her phone on her for that reason. As for the FitBit - my husband used his for years with the gentle vibration alarm option in the morning. He wore his to sleep for that reason. Just thinking out loud...

I may be being a stickler for details, but I want to point out that it was said that she was doing homework in the late "evening", not late "night", there's a big difference. Evening typically starts about 5-6 p.m. and late evening is usually about 8-9 p.m. After that, it would usually be considered night, at least among most of the people I know. To me it sounds more like she ran from 7-8 as they said before, did some homework, sent the SC to DJ at some point, took a shower (either before or after homework, but definitely after the run), put the dogs downstairs and planned to go to bed because she had to be up early. It's possible someone came to the door after she had taken out her contacts and had put the dogs down for the night, but it could be before the shower, after the shower but before bed, after she was in bed for the night, or in the morning before she let the dogs up or put in her contacts (or put on her glasses.) I know, that really narrows things down!

The thing that bothers me is the phone. I keep wondering how long it kept pinging. It almost had to be either turned off or broken if it was already going directly to voicemail by 7:30 a.m. since I can't believe someone as responsible as she seems to be would forget to charge it. That makes me think whatever happened was either while she was getting ready for a shower or after she was up in the morning because I doubt that she wore her Fitbit and phone to bed at night. Sorry, I'm just rambling now. MOO

Her brother texted her in the morning to see if she needed a ride TO work, not a ride home after work.

"She shares the car with her brother, and he texted her Thursday morning to see if she needed a ride to work or to use the car, and she never responded."

Mollie Tibbetts Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Edit: we don't know where the brother was or if he lives at the mom's house.

Another article says it was FROM work. Will try to find which one that was.

So the neighbor says he definitely saw her - but didnt see her come back the way she went....in theory he's the last person to see her...and on that basis how could she have returned to do homework...

Neighbor offers new testimony about the night Mollie Tibbetts disappeared

Strangely, he also says what she was wearing - including tennis shoes...could he really see tennis shoes whilst sitting down looking out the window?

He also said she had a phone and was "nonchalantly walking by"

Was she on the phone as she was nonchalantly walking by - and if so - do phone records back this up?

I haven't studied the maps. Could she have been traveling in a loop that wouldn't bring her back past him?

Invisible fence per brother's SM.

So she could simply let the dogs out and she did not have to go outside herself.

I can’t speak about all dogs, but the ones I have seen are not eager to go out in the rain. So did she stand there or did she go get ready while the dogs were out?

A raging rain storm seems a strange time for an abduction. Yet, it happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member