Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Um, that doesn't sound very encouraging. Hopefully they'll take question from reporters. Even then they'll probably defer answering to avoid compromising the investigation. It would be fantastic if they came out and said an arrest had been made. I hope they do! But after her father's plea this morning asking for a clue, any little clue, no matter how trivial it might be, I doubt it.
No, that description of what would be discussed at the PC doesn't sound too promising...but you never know. They haven't given out much info, so I would think they prefer to wait to discuss it tomorrow.

Exactly Momma2cam. This is a tiny place with limited resources and little if any experience with a case like this. She lived part time in CA, part time in IA was a College Student taking summer classes (online only?) her routine is not rural community 1950s. Teens today have a global presence because of the internet. There were/are lots of technology angles to work. It makes perfect sense to get the FBI there. They are our A team! The locals may know the terrain but honestly I am not convinced the FBI folks don't too. Did you notice there are FBI field offices in Cedar Rapids AND DesMoines - not a clue but maybe both offices sent folks? And that is why there are so many? That is a good thing! .
She lived in CA ? I missed that.Do you know where she lived there ? TIA.

How do we know they have no clue who did it in the Missy Bevers case?

The fact is, they may have a great idea or strong suspicion, but maybe not enough for probable cause or perhaps not enough to sustain a conviction.

That doesn't mean they need to turn over everything they know to the general public and say, "Well we tried. Your turn now!"

True, sorry, I was exaggerating by saying they don't have a clue. Bad choice of words on my part lol I'm sure they have many clues. I just wish enough to find the person and throw away the key (along with anyone else involved). I don't need them to give me anything for a turn. I'm sure they want the person 100x more than even I do.

I should have said that they haven't arrested anyone for the murder of Missy Bevers. It has been 2 years and 3 months since someone killed her in the church.

Yes but church activities could be anywhere from 5:30-10PM. So could have been perfectly void of witnesses. And the county fair was going, which is a major annual event. Brooklyn, IA could have been eerily quiet that night.

It isn't just a witness to the moment something happened to Mollie. It may be seeing SO and SO at the store. Or not seeing so and so. Or so and so's truck or car looked different or was parked somewhere or hasn't been seen in a while or ...

And on the positive side - more events mean more traffic and 5:30 is normally when folks are coming home from work or getting ready to prepare dinner. So that too may help investigators know who was where when. Or who was not where someone expected them.

I am also right with OTTO about the hunting or fishing places. The hunters and fishermen may know of a trail or a road or cabin.

This is summertime and folks travel. IF someone knows of anyone's home being vacant they should let police know.

Honestly unless someone swooped into town and quickly determined to make contact with Mollie, chances are, there is a connection where Brooklyn goes - either for Wednesdays or in general- with the person who can help police KNOW what happened to Mollie.

And the good people of Brooklyn outnumber whomever that was in my opinion by at least 1,000!
Folks need to really think back to July 18th and what they saw and heard. And for some, it may be what they saw or heard the next day or during this 12 day period of time. It was supposed to be stormy - maybe seeing someone who looked like a wet rag, even more wet than one would expect.

A young woman's life may depend on folks giving the police a morsel of information. IF enough folks do it, LE can and will build a chain of evidence and use it to find Mollie.

I just returned from visiting family in a small Midwest town of about 1300 people. In 5 days, the main house door was not locked one time. Half the time one garage door was left completely open even when nobody home and keys are left in cars in the garage with a side garage door left unlocked. Small towns are just different. Everybody knows everybody and people aren’t on alert like you are when you live in a larger city.

Just popping in to say, I remember a post from a couple threads ago that people seemed to agree with saying something along the lines of, "Abductions don't happen in the midwest." I live in Wisconsin and was nearly abducted twice by strangers in my small town of 8,000 people. Once when I was 5, and once at age 13. I have friends with similar stories. It DOES happen. Just because it's a small town doesn't mean there can't be a psycho making their way through it.

The press conference tomorrow at 1.30 pm, are we expecting any significant developments be released? As you know if you visit other groups outside WS today has been buzzing with rumours connected to Missouri. I do not believe any of it - skeptical by nature- but deep inside I wish these were true.
As always please those who can catch the images tomorrow post here what the police officers say. Thanks a lot.

Yeah im not buying that rumor at all. If you have to mention that you're totally not crazy and definitely not just seeking attention..

There's always sightings in cases like this, even when we find out later the person was already long deceased.

New thread is ready for posting:

IA - IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #7

Pack up your stuff and start
m19111.gif
as this thread will close when we get to 1000 posts.

I'm interested to understand why discussion of sex trafficking isn't allowed but other theories and speculation are ok. Is it just because that scenario is deemed unlikely? To me, all the possible scenarios are very unlikely. But clearly, one of these very unlikely scenarios did, in fact, occur in this situation.

LE might have a suspect in mind at this point, but what would that person be charged with at this point?

jmo
Good question! I don't see an arrest coming until a body is found if there is foul play.
LE would have to have evidence at this point -- but with no body or with no live MT? As we all know, LE has to write up a Probable Cause document which presents evidence, reason for arrest, etc., etc., and it has to be approved by a court official before they make an arrest. If they have evidence, it has to be solid -- their/his car with her blood , DNA, or hair in it, a murder weapon with same (if it is murder), clothing which is proved to be hers in their/his possession, whatever.
LE could bring someone in for questioning on the pretense that he might be able to help their investigation, but that would be a risk, IMO, that the person would refuse and hit the road.
This waiting period is tuff. Her poor family -- I can't imagine...

I'm interested to understand why discussion of sex trafficking isn't allowed but other theories and speculation are ok. Is it just because that scenario is deemed unlikely? To me, all the possible scenarios are very unlikely. But clearly, one of these very unlikely scenarios did, in fact, occur in this situation.
The truth is when any pretty girl comes up missing it is the go to theory for just about everyone. Just to be proven wrong about 95 percent of the time.

Mollie had lived in Oakland, CA, before moving to Iowa. Note that Oakland has a reputation for high crime. So, she might have brought big-city locking-up habits with her. Or, she might have over-idealized the Iowa countryside as being more safe than it is.

Yes, I know that. I was asking who lived part time in CA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sunnid