Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t want to make this off topic but it sort of describes a possible scenario for this case. This story is what made me quit walking and running alone or even with my dog without my CHL.

Man sexually assaults woman and attempts to kidnap boy, woman in Liberty County

This happened in late 2015 and as far as I know he was never caught. Dayton is a town of 7000 people about 10 miles from my house.

I know TX is a long way from IA but this guy didn’t seem to care, women, children...

I’m sure there are cases all over the US but it does describe how he attempted to grab the jogger.

There are so many conflicting “facts” I feel like I’m trying to put together 2 mixed 5000 piece puzzles with no idea what they are supposed to look like and lots of missing pieces. Hopefully the news conference tomorrow will help clear things up. If she was out running the chance of it being random feels much higher than if she was in the house. A shower with music blaring might have covered up the dogs barking though.

Re: locking or not locking doors. I think it's a crapshoot, and I personally am not putting a whole lot of thought into it regarding this case (I mean, I suppose someone could have just walked in if she had the doors unlocked, but until we know the state of the house, we have no idea if there was forced entry or not). I live in a city of 150,000 and literally every single day on my Next Door, neighbors are posting about stuff being stolen out of their garages and cars---that were unlocked! Small town, big city--I think some people always lock up religiously, some never lock stuff up, and some mean to and honestly forget.

I hope we get more info during the presser on a timeline and whether or not she made it back after her jog, but I have a bad feeling we won't get much new info.

I randomly decided to look up churches in Brooklyn and came across St. Patrick's Catholic Church (Vacation Bible School is August 5-9, by the way). Back when I was a practicing Catholic, we didn't have CCD classes in the summer, but usually they'd be on Wednesday nights. I do know several churches in the area had youth groups that also usually met Wednesdays, but I recall many of them also did not meet in the summer.

Anything choice of words "...those who knew her."

http://www.stpatrick-stbridget.org/uploads/9/4/3/5/94351543/bulletin_jul_29_2018.pdf

If digital technology shows her location was tracked to her boyfriend’s apartment (where the Snap Chat pic was reportedly taken), then I. Hope LE had done a very thorough investigation of those that live there.

It could be, like Jennifer Kesse, that Mollie was abducted in the parking lot or area outside the complex by someone.

Makes me wonder, was construction or maintenance work being done at his complex? Could someone who lives there or regularly works there have figured out Dalton’s parking spot was empty and Mollie was there alone?

15 agents sent so quickly is interesting. I wonder if they believed M. was taken over state lines ? Or if this was a case of trafficking ? Or did they find similarities to another unsolved case(s)....

This!! IMO, I think she was taken over state lines and maybe a victim of sex
trafficking and LE might have very reliable information that she is still alive...I pray that she is and hopefully the conference tells us alittle more information or some much needed hope.

Officials to give update on missing Iowa woman Mollie Tibbetts (with photos)

The press conference is 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, 4802 Barnes City Road, in Montezuma.

During this press conference, officials say they will provide updates regarding the investigative response, tip line information, rewards and information from The Missing Persons Clearinghouse.

The scheduling of it a day from now makes me sure that they don't have any breaking news to share with us. However, it's an opportunity to pick up information that they've decided to share, and to clarify the things that have been circulating in various contradictory forms.

15 agents sent so quickly is interesting. I wonder if they believed M. was taken over state lines ? Or if this was a case of trafficking ? Or did they find similarities to another unsolved case(s)....

I'm inclined to the link to unsolved cases, myself, though it could be just a confluence of needs: the fitbit expert, a couple of cellphone experts, a couple of experts to analyze the laptop, another set to look at the cellphone, computers, and even vehicle GPSs of other witnesses to see if there's more information there. They mentioned in one interview that they had some concern about whether all the messages were sent by the person who purported to send them. So it could just add up to that many.

The press conference tomorrow at 1.30 pm, are we expecting any significant developments be released? As you know if you visit other groups outside WS today has been buzzing with rumours connected to Missouri. I do not believe any of it - skeptical by nature- but deep inside I wish these were true.
As always please those who can catch the images tomorrow post here what the police officers say. Thanks a lot.

You mean to say there is no Vacation Bible School in your town at all?

This!! IMO, I think she was taken over state lines and maybe a victim of sex
trafficking and LE might have very reliable information that she is still alive...I pray that she is and hopefully the conference tells us alittle more information or some much needed hope.

After binging seasons of Criminal Minds, I feel like the only reason so many FBI agents would be sent so quickly is if they had reason to believe Mollie is the victim of a serial killer/abductor, and they are trying to solve multiple crimes. JMO.

I would assume it is unusual in the broader sense given how many crimes happen without much, if any, wide public oversight. However, FBI /homeland security involvement early on has been typical in the few cases I've closely followed here (Dani Stislicki, L&A). From what I've gathered, it is not as uncommon in small towns or areas of low crime, few resources, limited experience with high profile/disappearance cases.

Exactly Momma2cam. This is a tiny place with limited resources and little if any experience with a case like this. She lived part time in CA, part time in IA was a College Student taking summer classes (online only?) her routine is not rural community 1950s. Teens today have a global presence because of the internet. There were/are lots of technology angles to work. It makes perfect sense to get the FBI there. They are our A team! The locals may know the terrain but honestly I am not convinced the FBI folks don't too. Did you notice there are FBI field offices in Cedar Rapids AND DesMoines - not a clue but maybe both offices sent folks? And that is why there are so many? That is a good thing! .

Otto! I hadn't even considered someone else wearing that FITBIT. I have been trying so hard to fixate on her possibly being held against her will - I convinced myself someone drunk hit her while she was out running and then scooped her up and put her somewhere so he could make tracks. I have prayed she is just trapped. But twelve days no food or water... even if my And I wanted - still want- LE to get to her. Hoped the FITBIT might help locate her. Your take is logical and pragmatic... :(

Or it was put on a hog?

If digital technology shows her location was tracked to her boyfriend’s apartment (where the Snap Chat pic was reportedly taken), then I. Hope LE had done a very thorough investigation of those that live there.

It could be, like Jennifer Kesse, that Mollie was abducted in the parking lot or area outside the complex by someone.

Makes me wonder, was construction or maintenance work being done at his complex? Could someone who lives there or regularly works there have figured out Dalton’s parking spot was empty and Mollie was there alone?

It's not an apartment complex; it's a house. Judging from the pictures posted on WS, it's a rather isolated house--one near neighbor, but large expanses of flat bare land around it.

He didn't live in an apartment complex; it was just a house. There wasn't a parking lot or any assigned parking. I don't have a post number handy, but there were posts earlier in the thread with Google Map images of the house where she was dog-sitting/the bf's house.

Exactly Momma2cam. This is a tiny place with limited resources and little if any experience with a case like this. She lived part time in CA, part time in IA was a College Student taking summer classes (online only?) her routine is not rural community 1950s. Teens today have a global presence because of the internet. There were/are lots of technology angles to work. It makes perfect sense to get the FBI there. They are our A team! The locals may know the terrain but honestly I am not convinced the FBI folks don't too. Did you notice there are FBI field offices in Cedar Rapids AND DesMoines - not a clue but maybe both offices sent folks? And that is why there are so many? That is a good thing! .

Who lived part time in CA?

Their searching of hog confinements makes think of Dezi and Kathlynn... Dezi escaped; Kathlynn did not. The guy committed suicide, and this was after Lyric and Elizabeth and I remember people speculating then if they were connected. Could he have had a partner?

Body found in river identified as kidnapped Iowa teen

Brooklyn, Evansdale, and Dayton are a perfect triangle on the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic