DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to all of the questions about Mollie’s vision. I am an Optician. She is either farsighted or nearsighted. It would be out of the ordinary for her to need both up close and far away at her age. I looked at her pictures and I don’t see the high powered lens thickness that you see with the higher powers. If she is far sighted her up close is compromised and at about 20 feet her vision should be good. I am guessing, though, that she is near sighted, like most persons her age and that she can navigate the world pretty good until about 15-20 feet away. Also most college kids get a year supply of contacts and their glasses at the end of the summer before returning to college.
I see!

Just my gut feeling, but I think her Fitbit more than likely lead them to the pig farm. I’m thinking there is a good chance it was then turned off or disabled. Where mollie was taken from there is the big ? In my mind anyways. Just my opinion, but I suspect that LE had a compelling reason to go there and they will likely return at some point. Jmo

I think it's pretty apparent they don't have a clue. The last search warrant they served on a POI was a guy a full 5 inches shorter then the height they said the perpetrator was.

Everyone wants to believe the police have the answers because it makes them feel better, which is understandable. It's just silly thinking. That's why so many of these cases go unsolved or go cold almost immediately.

I would argue that LE has a good idea who the perp is in many unsolved cases but not strong enough evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" to pursue charges and conviction. Given cases can only be tried once, it is reasonable to understand why many do not go forward- especially without a body. JMO.

I would argue that LE has a good idea who the perp is in many unsolved cases but not strong enough evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" to pursue charges and conviction. Given cases can only be tried once, it is reasonable to understand why many do not go forward- especially without a body. JMO.
I agree, especially after binge watching every episode of Cold Justice.

I’m assuming PC tomorrow will be a timeline, what she is thought to be wearing, a call for action .. meaning community please report anything and everything and her character which would show she just wouldn’t take off. It’s to clear up the rumors and also ask for tips. JMO

PC may be to ask for help, not to give us info.

Unfortunately, I think that's quite likely. Still, they need to be explicit about what they're asking for. "Has anyone you know changed his habits, had scratched hands, cleaned the inside of his car, missed work on the day she disappeared, etc..."

Oh, and is anyone obsessively following the case on the news. That's us! They can arrest us all!

(Sorry for inappropriate foolishness.)

In response to all of the questions about Mollie’s vision. I am an Optician. She is either farsighted or nearsighted. It would be out of the ordinary for her to need both up close and far away at her age. I looked at her pictures and I don’t see the high powered lens thickness that you see with the higher powers. If she is far sighted her up close is compromised and at about 20 feet her vision should be good. I am guessing, though, that she is near sighted, like most persons her age and that she can navigate the world pretty good until about 15-20 feet away. Also most college kids get a year supply of contacts and their glasses at the end of the summer before returning to college.
I'm guessing that you're right, but I'm one of those oddballs who needed glasses for both close and far distances. My problem isn't with the lens or shape of the eyeball, it's with the muscles that change the focus. For many years, I could get away without wearing them when walking, driving, etc., but the only way I could read without them was with a magnifying glass. It's not really likely that she has the same problem, but there's always a possibility. That said, I believe she could see well enough to run without corrective lenses and may have actually been more comfortable that way. MOO

That’s the first thing I looked at were her glasses and the thickness of the lens. My very much younger son is both nearsighted and farsighted and his left lense only is extremely thick! Then again my son also has Amblyopia and it makes him extremely difficult for him to see without his glasses. I had wondered if at first if Mollie had something like Amblyopia because of the statements that she couldn’t see without her glasses/contacts.

PC may be to ask for help, not to give us info.

"...The press conference is 1:30 p.m. CDT Tuesday at the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, 4802 Barnes City Road, in Montezuma..."

Seeing how we're clamoring for information, I can't even begin to imagine the local inquiries thrust on to Mollie's Mother, extended family, etc., in Brooklyn during the past 11+ days! Locals must be fearful and anxious-- also left in the dark.

I believe that the PC being held at the County Sheriff's office is telling, and also a courtesy to local residents. IMO, a "Breaking News PC" would probably be a joint PC at the DCI including the FBI, Sheriff, and area agencies that have joined and/or sent manpower to assist with investigtion. They'd be better suited to handle a "National" press corp, especially for the attention Mollie's disappearance has garnered.
Officials to give update on missing Iowa woman Mollie Tibbetts (with photos)

Last edited:

Thank you, Crystal, for that info.

With that, I'm now leaning toward MT was on her way to work when she went 'missing'...

If LE does not have a suspect, I don’t think they should be so emphatic about her being alive. And if they do have one, I hope they can give the right kind of info for the public to really be able to help. I am thrown by their emphahsis on her being alive yet no apparent progress in finding her or even saying what they believe happened. I hope they have solid reasons, not just the usual i.e no crime scene, no signs of struggle etc...for saying this.

"...The press conference is 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office, 4802 Barnes City Road, in Montezuma..."

Seeing how we're clamoring for information, I can't even begin to imagine the local inquiries thrust on to Mollie's Mother, extended family, etc., in Brooklyn during the past 11+ days! Locals must be fearful and anxious-- also left in the dark.

I believe that the PC being held at the County Sheriff's office is telling, and also a courtesy to local residents. IMO, a "Breaking News PC" would probably be a joint PC at the DCI including the FBI, Sheriff, and area agencies that have joined and/or sent manpower to assist with investigtion. They'd be better suited to handle a "National" press corp, especially for the attention Mollie's disappearance has garnered.
Officials to give update on missing Iowa woman Mollie Tibbetts (with photos)

Interesting that they have not told residents to be diligent or not to be outside late at night. They have not said they is no cause for alarm either. That I have seen. So you are right that the residents are in the dark.

Mollie's dad is about to be on FoxNews live.

Are there taxi options in a rural town in Iowa with population of 1500? And if there was would she have used them? My guess would be no and no. But I would also like LE to confirm who was supposed to pick her up, or I should say I hope they know. Really no need to let the public know if they do or not....but I’d like to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
red carpet fiber