DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Press conference online coverage

From CBS2 Iowa Twitter account

1h
A stream of the news conference will be available online and the @cbs2iowa Facebook page.

TIBBETTS STRONG - The #Brooklyn community is staying strong, spreading the word about #MollieTibbetts hoping a new tip will bring her home. Investigators are holding a press conference tomorrow at 1:30PM for new updates. @weareiowa5news will live stream it! #FindingMollieTibbetts
1h
A stream of the news conference will be available online and the @fox28iowa Facebook page.

Last edited:
Both Uber and Lyft let you see nearby cars.

I just checked, nothing even near Brooklyn. You'd have to have someone drive in from one of the larger cities like Des Moines.

A previous poster had speculated that the fitbit had somehow been placed on a pig, at the pig farm. This was so utterly strange to me that I had to read up on pigs. According to what I read : the heart rate of a "weaned pig" is 90-100 beats a minute. The heartbeat of a "growing pig" is 80-90 beats a minute. I think both of those ranges could fit with a young female (human). It is mind blowing to think someone actually did place the fitbit on a pig, to deceive the LE searching for M. ? This is turning out to be one of the most bizarre cases I've followed here. And that's saying a lot.

We are talking about someone who (assumingly) wasn’t smart enough to take her fit bit off of her upon the kidnapping. I don’t think they would be smart enough to research the heart rate of a pig and then to attach it to them (and, attach in a place where an accurate heart rate could even be obtained)

Missing college student Mollie Tibbetts: A timeline

'We think she's still alive': A timeline of missing Iowa college student Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance

If she is being held by someone (an admirer/stalker/wanna-be lover), wouldn't he be missing also? I wonder if someone in her "network" of friends or acquaintances has been away from work? Or just not around his usual locations?

Interesting that they have not told residents to be diligent or not to be outside late at night. They have not said they is no cause for alarm either. That I have seen. So you are right that the residents are in the dark.

Mollie's dad is about to be on FoxNews live.

A cop friend once told me that the reason they don't say things like that is because everybody should be behaving like that all the time, not just when they think there's a killer on the streets. Because there could be at any time not just after a big case gets lots of publicity.

One other reason the FBI was called in almost immediately is that this is an active kidnapping case. And the perp has contacted someone (maybe early on.) That's why there are vague comments about holding hope she's alive, and not wanting to negatively impact the investigation by disclosing pertinent facts. Law enforcement may very well be in some kind of communication with the criminal and obviously that is a dangerous, volatile situation. Prayers for Molly and her family.

bringing this question over from the previous thread:

I'm interested to understand why discussion of sex trafficking isn't allowed but other theories and speculation are ok. Is it just because that scenario is deemed unlikely? To me, all the possible scenarios are very unlikely. But clearly, one of these very unlikely scenarios did, in fact, occur in this situation.

1) There is no indication or evidence that sex trafficking is involved in this case. The whole thread gets taken over with that type of discussion and we have an area of the forum specifically designated for that topic. It is ok to bring it up as a theory but not ok to continue on and on and on with statistics and research, etc. when all that information can be discussed in the other area. If law enforcement or the media bring in new information that relates to sex trafficking then at that point we can revisit.
2) Molly does not fit the profile or characteristics of a trafficking victim.

If the red T-shirt is missing and she was to wear it on the field trip with the little ones on Thursday morning, then I do not think she went jogging in it on Wednesday.

Right now - FOX news is reporting:

- there is new evidence that she was on her computer at the house after she went jogging Wednesday night;
-Police won't say if there were signs of forced entry;
- BF was 100 miles away;
- LE wont' say what information they gleaned, if any, from fitbit;
- LE confident of timeline, but will not release it;
- guy taking photos of joggers not involved;
-Dad puts faith in LE, but they are not giving all info to family;
- Dad lives in CA;
- Mollie supposed to go to DR for a wedding of BF's brother;
- Dad last spoke to her on Sunday.

They showed her last SC photo. Is that someone in the bathroom?
Mollie's dad was just on Fox News. He specifically stated that they do NOT know if Mollie returned home after running. They do not have facts showing she returned home. They can only speculate if she was on her computer after she returned from running.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
millyuncensored