Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Father of missing Iowa college student speaks out

Link to latest video of father on FOX news. Can someone get a screenshot of her last snapchat photo? Please.
I watched that interview and I NEVER saw any SC photo. There is a photo of her with a young looking man on the right with a cell phone in tan shorts, etc., but I don't think it's the SC photo? I don't know who indicated that it was?

Rick Rahn, special agent in charge with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, said he could not discuss the details as it could harm the investigation.

“We have what we believe to be a solid timeline, but I am not able to discuss that timeline in detail as it pertains to our investigation,” he said.

Over the weekend, Rahn said there were more than 30 agents on the ground in the Brooklyn area working the case.

Family points to evidence that Mollie Tibbetts was using computer for homework the night she disappeared

30 agents now? That’s a lot of resources for what is seemingly a “small” case in the big picture of government work. I wonder what is really going on here. I have wondered from the beginning if they felt she was taken out of state, or if this is something that they suspect is a serial kidnapping situation.

I am just reading -on another group and also the Dubuque Police Department page- about the attempted abduction of a female jogger in Dubuque yesterday evening. Correct me if I am wrong I read a few days ago this town is not that far from Brooklyn, how many miles?
Does any of you think the two cases could be connected?

Dad just spoke to Fox News and my take on his appearance: "3 part effort"
  1. Thank you law enforcement, excellent team;
  2. Thank you community for outreach, posters, buttons, etc. and putting Mollie's face in every corner of Iowa;
  3. We need public tips - if you saw anything, be courageous and call in. Tip line number is anonymous .
Father of missing Iowa college student speaks out

Emphasis was on #3, feels law enforcement and community outreach doing fine.
All MOO.
I’m impressed with both of her parents. She looks just like her dad - his coloring, his nose, his jowls. And good lord - they talked on the phone for 3 hours on Sunday before she went missing? I loved my dad, but I don’t think we ever had a 3 hour conversation my whole life.

Also, I see what the other poster was asking about with that bathroom picture, but I think it just happened to be on the screen when the reporter asked about the SC photo.

So bad reporting? Thanks.

Actually I thought the interview was a good one. The photos scrolling while it was happening were a coincidence. I don't think bad reporting. I really appreciate her dad's calm demeanor. He's focused on his daughter and seems to have full confidence in LE and FBI. He stressed that someone somewhere saw something...they may know who and what!

I watched that interview and I NEVER saw any SC photo. There is a photo of her with a young looking man on the right with a cell phone in tan shorts, etc., but I don't think it's the SC photo? I don't know who indicated that it was?

I think theres confusion because the reported said.. talking of last communication with mollie.. "we have this SC picture she sent to her bf".. at the same time that photo appeared on the screen. I think it was just a coincidence as they were playing a slideshow of different pics.

FBI helps in most majr cases...nearly all here in Abq. It does not “mean” anything except they have resources local LE does not.

They can’t just jump in and help. There has to be cause for them to have jurisdiction, or they have to be invited and feel that there is a real need for them and their resources.

I know Mollie is older, but it's beginning to sound like the AH missing teen in NH... she was kidnapped, and held hostage for months! All along FBI and NH investigators kept saying they felt she was alive. And she was!

Just watched the Ashley Banfield show on HLN. The attorney on the panel said if they have a good timeline and it puts Mollie home from her jog that really narrows it down from the random driver snatching her as she ran to somebody coming to the home. The circle narrows!

I keep thinking about how LE has been spending its resources in ways that are visible to the public over the past 10 days. Clearly we know very little about the inner workings of the investigation. But, I find it hard to believe that such time and resources were spent looking at the pig farms if there wasn't something significant driving the choice to search them so thoroughly. I am not convinced that nothing valuable came from the searches of the farms. But I am trying to figure out what information could have been found there that might have convinced LE that MT was perhaps still alive. Does anyone know how often the farms are serviced by outside feed deliveries or by transport trucks? I was trying to get a sense of whether these service providers were local or from out of area, or both and how many trucks pass through Brooklyn? When possible running routes are looked at or even the walking route to MT mothers house, it might be possible for one of these outside service providers/truckers to have overpowered MT and bundled her into truck. We haven't seen any announcements about further local threats to health and safety which is interesting in light of what has happened. I wonder if the reason for this is that LE knows that MT is now out of area and there is no further local threat? We have so little to go on in terms of the public information but I just kept circling back to to the time spent looking at the farms. There must have been a solid reason for this line of inquiry.

They can’t just jump in and help. There has to be cause for them to have jurisdiction, or they have to be invited and feel that there is a real need for them and their resources.
I think it is typical that they are invited on cases like this in small towns nearly 100% of the time for their resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member