DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie's father spoke with her for three hours on the phone and 3 days later she was missing. What was dicussed in this conversation, what was her state of mind? Did she discuss any concerns with her life/ relationships? Frustrations? Plans? I hope her father was was completelely honest and revealed everything, the good, bad and ugly.

The pleas to come home and the statements by multiple sources that there is hope/confidence that she is still alive, the nationwide search, including Utah, the lack of warning by le to the public of a potential dangerous person or kidnapper, may be indicators that she may have have left willingly, did she hitchhike? Catch a ride from a stranger or someone she casually new? at first, maybe it was supposed to be for a little awhile and now she might be held against her will? Or not ready to come home?

As of now that is the direction I'm leaning towards (which provides the most hope that she is still alive) until new information comes out to reveal a stuggle, abduction, etc., maybe that day will be today.

Another thought, maybe she decided to walk/jog to work part of the way and then hitchhiked, got a ride from a stranger, which led to an abduction. . . .

Last edited:
Thank you so much for posting this....it makes it so very real the sadness they are feeling....and he said "the kind of person she was"... @3:20 or there :( I know what he means, and I know he believes she is alive.
(Not sure if direct quote but :( breaks my ever-loving heart....
Don't let it be please...But he seems super convinced she is alive thank goodness.)

He asked if she needed a ride that morning, because she hadn’t picked up the car the night before. He wasn’t asking about after work. He couldn’t understand how she was getting to work without the car.
Mods said I can’t post ss or links about it.

Do you have the link to this? I may have misunderstood but thought the brother's text was asking if she would need a ride home later that day.

JMO
From the pictures of the corn fields and from passing through Iowa a long time ago I think the hog farms and corn fields are gigantic big operations. They are not your normal small hobby farms. These are huge operations done commercially and for the corn fields they sometimes will pay landowners to lease out hundreds or thousands of acres of leased land.

If this is the case, I am encouraged. Because the owner can give permission and they will want to clear their property ASAP from this sort of exposure. And it means too there may be cameras or logs or more folks who are not intimately related to one another on site so this too should move things along faster hopefully. At least that is my opinion right now. then again it may make LE's job harder because the logistics for such an operation is different than a family farm right? Could be a network of farms. Do bigAg farms use their own truckers or do they contract that out?

Do we know who owns the farm(s) searched so far?

Mollie's father spoke with her for three hours on the phone and 3 days later she was missing. What was dicussed in this conversation, what was her state of mind? Did she discuss any concerns with her life/ relationships? Frustrations? Plans? I hope her father was was completelely honest and revealed everything, the good, bad and ugly.

The pleas to come home and the statements by multiple sources that there is hope/confidence that she is still alive, the nationwide search, including Utah, may be indicators that she may have have left willingly, did she hitchhike? Catch a ride from a stranger or someone she casually new? at first, maybe it was supposed to be for a little awhile and now
she might be held against her will? Or not ready to come home?

As of now that is the direction I'm leaning towards (which provides the most hope that she is still alive) until new information comes out to reveal a stuggle, abduction, etc., maybe that day will be today.

JMO
I am leaving that possibility open too. Or maybe voluntarily left town with a friend.

Does anyone have a link about the alleged 3 hour phone call she made with her Dad on Sunday? I've seen it mentioned a few times now but do not remember seeing a link where it can be verified.

If that is true then to me that seems like a very long phone discussion. I speak to my parents often but have never talked that long. Maybe something was bothering her like the upcoming wedding. Maybe she decided she did not want to go and didnt have the heart to disappoint her BFs brother or the BF.

One thing I am pretty sure of. The upcoming wedding would have almost forced her and her own BF to talk of future plans together with themselves. At the very beginning of this case it concerned me that she may have come to realize he is not the one for her in a lifetime relationship and she may have not had the heart to tell him.

I also am guessing the BF may have been planning to be the best man at the wedding and if she decided she didnt want to go that would be very hard on someone to have to tell the BF.

The bottom line is this is still a possibility to me that she may have left on her own because of all the pressures in her life. The only thing I dont understand is her not telling her parents. Maybe she went with a friend and he may have convinced her that she cannot tell anyone if they leave. I dont know. Just thinking its still a possibility.

We have seen similar happen before. Remember the wedding girl that left years ago before the wedding. I will look for the case example.

ETA Found it.
This is the case I was thinking of. Not exactly the same circumstances but similar because of BF's brother getting married and IMO it would have made them discuss their own future together.

Runaway bride case - Wikipedia

Last edited:
He didn’t drive her home from work wed the 18th. He drove her from his house. She went home (moms house) after work because he needed the car, he then drove her to bf’s and he took off with car for what he needed it for. He assumed she would get it later that night or call him for it but she didn’t

If she drives herself to work, why did big brother drive her home?

Well said and I totally agree.
Sometimes newcombers get a little frustrated at first with the TOS (terms of service) and the moderators but after anyone has seen how much crud and infighting goes on in other unmoderated places you quickly learn to appreciate why it is done here. It helps so much to keep the information flow as accurate as possible.

Ive learned to come here first to learn about any breaking news case of interest. The Up-to-the-Minute thread and the Crimes-in-the-News threads are two threads that are helpful in that regard. Links below. Then sometimes cases will get moved to a more proper category.

Up to the Minute

Crimes in the News

Missing Persons Discussion
As a 'newbie' here I have to say that the enviornment here is definately different from other online sites in a positive way imo. I'm stuggling with some of the SM rules in terms of posting here but I understand the reasoning behind why things are the way they are and I totally respect that. What has also been a struggle is dealing with MSM misinformation or what I believe to be 'sloppy' reporting. I've been following the feeds of some of the main local reporters of this story and a few don't believe they need to go back in their reporting and correct prior errors (honest or otherwise). I find this situation hard to deal with as we are relying on press to do their jobs.

He asked if she needed a ride that morning, because she hadn’t picked up the car the night before. He wasn’t asking about after work. He couldn’t understand how she was getting to work without the car.
Mods said I can’t post ss or links about it.

The next morning, Calderwood said her son, Tibbetts’ brother, texted his sister at 7:30 a.m. to see if she needed a ride home. She never responded.

Disappearance of University of Iowa student Mollie Tibbetts remains a mystery

Gunslinging Granny - I just watched the video on Youtube. I am a non-native speaker as you can tell from my messages so I just watched the video again, this time with subtitles in English in case I had misunderstood. The video is from KCCI 8 News (Iowa TV channel?) and the reporter looked 100% legit. Edited: The video was uploaded 3 hours ago on the KCCI page on Youtube, title "Just come home: Mollie Tibbetts' father shares emotional plea" . He said those precise words in the 1:47 minute of the video.

<modsnipped- please provide link and timestamp to substantiate>

Last edited:
Not all tips are phone calls. Tips are "clues" that police use to investigate crimes like an abduction. I would guess that the "tip" that led to the farm searches is digital footprint. What's the alternative?

They searched more than one farm. If it was a “footprint” it would be to one farm or an area around the farm. Not the concept of farms and hog farms exclusively

JMO
I am leaving that possibility open too. Or maybe voluntarily left town with a friend.

Does anyone have a link about the alleged 3 hour phone call she made with her Dad on Sunday? I've seen it mentioned a few times now but do not remember seeing a link where it can be verified.

If that is true then to me that seems like a very long phone discussion. I speak to my parents often but have never talked that long. Maybe something was bothering her like the upcoming wedding. Maybe she decided she did not want to go and didnt have the heart to disappoint her BFs brother or the BF.

One thing I am pretty sure of. The upcoming wedding would have almost forced her and her own BF to talk of future plans together with themselves. At the very beginning of this case it concerned me that she may have come to realize he is not the one for her in a lifetime relationship and she may have not had the heart to tell him.

I also am guessing the BF may have been planning to be the best man at the wedding and if she decided she didnt want to go that would be very hard on someone to have to tell the BF.

The bottom line is this is still a possibility to me that she may have left on her own because of all the pressures in her life. The only thing I dont understand is her not telling her parents. Maybe she went with a friend and he may have convinced her that she cannot tell anyone if they leave. I dont know. Just thinking its still a possibility.

We have seen similar happen before. Remember the wedding girl that left years ago before the wedding. I will look for the case example.

Interesting theory. Agree that a 3 hr. phone call is not typical for most.

JMO

Mollie Tibbetts' father says he is putting his faith in the investigators

Gunslinging Granny - I just watched the video on Youtube. I am a non-native speaker as you can tell from my messages so I just watched the video again, this time with subtitles in English in case I had misunderstood. <modsnipped>The video is from KCCI 8 News (Iowa TV channel?) and the reporter looked 100% legit.
I am trying to find the dad's interview on there but can't. Can you please post a link? Many thanks to you.

Sorry but the report does not include any data for FOUND. I believe it is the duty of agencies to compile reports correctly. There is no classification for FOUND in the State's work. And there is no mention of a supplement work which details who was FOUND.

And honestly, from my chair, I have the nagging question - if you can't classify the majority of folks children or adults who go missing how can they be FOUND? That seems to be illogical to me.

The FBI still has the CLASSIFICATION 'RUNAWAY' - I noticed the DCI report did not. WHY? Is that what is missing? No matter how I try, I find that report wanting. And the way it was constructed provides little confidence in IA's DCI. Then again, I am not sure exactly what the IA protocols are for missing people. All I know right now is a DCI guy named Rahn is leading Mollie's investigation.

How do we know he's leading the investigation?

They called off the civilian searches, so they could find residents at home to interview, yet they've only done 200 interviews? There are 15 agents in town, yet they've only done 200 interviews? That number better be wrong.
I don't think 200 interviews means they've only spoken to 200 people. I think in LE interview is more specific than going door to door and asking a few questions. Could be wrong, though, I'm not an LEO.

Gunslinging Granny - I just watched the video on Youtube. I am a non-native speaker as you can tell from my messages so I just watched the video again, this time with subtitles in English in case I had misunderstood. No, he clearly said those words "Come home, it will be OK" . The video is from KCCI 8 News (Iowa TV channel?) and the reporter looked 100% legit.
I'm still reading thread 6, but skipped here to make sure everyone knows there is a press conference today at 1:30 p.m. central time. Below this article www.kcci.com/article/new-details-expected-today-in-mollie-tibbetts-case/22600603, you can find the video with Mollie's dad. He does say "Come home, it will be OK". I remember when I 1st heard that, I was surprised to hear him saying that because it sounded to me like he thought she might of left voluntarily. Back to being way behind now! I don't think I'm every going to get caught up.

Good morning, Chi.

Press conference today at 1:30PM CDT, although I don't expect to learn much.

Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told Fox News that no case facts will be laid out during the press conference. Mollie Tibbetts' father says he is putting his faith in the investigators

Also, don't know if you've been here since the media thread was created, so here is a link to that. Unfortunately, we have people posting the same articles over and over in the thread, but hoping they will start checking the media thread first... IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

Have a great day! :p

"Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told Fox News that no case facts will be laid out during the press conference."

Then I don't understand what the point is, why not just issue another press release and not hype everyone up with a "press conference" that they won't answer any questions during?

I'd still like to know why a BOLO was issued for Utah early on (esp. when we haven't heard of any connection MT has there) and then it seemed to just disappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic