DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie's dad was on FOX News Channel this am. He said they need Mollie to come home: she needs to finish her degree; get her master's; get married; buy a house and have children, which is what she planned for her life.

That is a lot of planning. Most 19 year olds can't plan an outfit for the morning much less the next 10 years of their lives. She must be a goal oriented, determined young lady.

I don't understand how Mollie was supposed to have dinner at her mom's house, never showed up and no one tried to call her to find out where she was or to offer to go get her and give her a ride to mom's. Every family is different, but honestly, I don't know a single person who would not be on the phone with "where are you? We are waiting to eat".

Another bit about Mollie to come up soon on FOX - just announced.

Her disappearance is getting a lot of attention, nationally.

Oh, the bit on FOX was just a few sentences - press briefing today, "20 year old" disappeared, over 200 people "interviewed" as search ramps up.
I don't know. My daughter is going to be a college junior and is 19. She's been planning graduate school since she was applying to undergrad. I wouldn't be surprised if Mollie was already thinking about additional education if her career goals require it. The rest of it - buy a house, get married, have kids - those are typical things most people consider part of their plans. She probably mentioned those things over the years. She probably doesn't have 'get married at 23, buy a house at 25, have children at 27 type plans but it isn't unusual for someone to expect those things to be part of their future. And since she's been working day care it's very likely she's discussed having kids of her own. Many teens/early 20s girls who work a lot with children either find that they really want kids some day or become very interested in excellent birth control.

I’m confused on the red shirt. I’ve seen some people saying it’s accounted for and some saying it’s still missing. Is there a definite answer on that?

They NEED to tell the public that timeline. Heck nobody knows when to rack their brain about if they could have seen Mollie night or day! Even that neighbor that saw her go jogging has to have some kind of time so he can think back to something that might have been different or important!

I agree with you. I really think it could help LE get the right kind of tip if they at least tell us where they think she last was and the time they think she went missing.
Even if its their best guess. I would rather use their guess than my own. :)

Someone may have saw something they dont think is important and they may not be calling it in because they think they were nowhere close to where she went missing.

I just got in off the road but I have managed to almost catch up. I shared shared shared and made sure all my truckers (the truckers missing child project) are up to date on Mollie.
Prayers and much anticipation for today's update.
I am so glad the rumor mill is not allowed or active on WS. Proud to be amongst you all.
Love and respect and let's find Mollie,
Chi

At this point, after so many threads, I have no idea when she went missing.
Was it on her run, after her run, was she home that evening, was it on her way to her Moms? I seriously don't know.

Everyone's confused because the timeline has changed and different information has been reported. Initially she was reported to have gone missing on her run, and then we got the info that she was on her computer that night doing homework. It was first said she was last seen wearing a black sports bra, then a pink one, then now possibly the red camp shirt with denim shorts (which would strongly imply she went missing the following morning, not during a run)?? Aye aye aye. I'm wondering if the police will clear it all up today at the conference.

Fortunately, Mollie was not young, weak, disabled, addicted, or economically disadvantaged. That suggests that whatever sex trafficking circles the politician is referring to are unrelated to the abduction of Mollie.

Right?! I got a n uneasy feeling that the Senator inserted herself into MT's case to push her own agenda. Of course that is IMO. Of course human trafficking is a real problem. But highly unlikely in this case. It came off as a typical politician move.

I thought about Mollie and her dads relationship. Listening and watching him made me think of my own dad and how extremely close we are. When my parents were in the middle of their divorce I actually lived with my dad until I had no other choice. It doesn’t surprise me that Mollie and her dad talked on the phone for 3hrs because me and my dad still do that to this day and I’m much older than her. If something was bothering Mollie or stressing her out IMO her dad would have easily picked up on that or she even might have confided in her dad saying x y or z is stressing me out. Even if my tone is not right with my dad he will ask me if something is bothering me (and he’s usually right) and then I’ll start to open up about it.
I just don’t think she would have left on her own without her closest family (dad) not having any sort of inkling their was something bothering her.
IMO

Dear law enforcement,

Today at the press conference give a profile of the beast who took Mollie!!!!! Let the people of Poweshiek County help you!!!!!

Let the people of this area resume searching. You haven't found her so let them search!!! Her family needs to bring her home!!!!!

Sex slavery (i.e. sex trafficking) has become the Satanic Panic of the 2010's. Politicians have gone insane screaming about it and passing laws and both sides of the aisle have embraced the hysteria.

What's sad is why many say they've embraced it. Oh sex trafficking exists. Lots of it involves voluntary adults who go across state lines. Or even kids who runaway and become prostitutes to survive. Even if no force or fraud is used, such kids are, by law, victims of sex trafficking. Which should be the case.

But while it is a major problem in our country it doesn't really affect the people that both sides of the aisle care about.

If most people in society knew who those involved in sex trafficking really are, many would not care. They'd turn their backs:

"It happens every year. First, comes January’s Human Trafficking Awareness Month, and a spate of flawed articlesdepicting the issue of commercial sex in the broadest of terms. Then, in February, Super Bowl “sex slavery” hysteria kicks into full gear. Even though the idea that the championship game sparks an epidemic of sex trafficking has been debunked, sensational media coverage of the non-issue persists (here’s another story published just this week).
As a person with experiences in the sex trades, and someone that has worked for more than five years teaching memoir-writing at various agencies around New York, including organizations that provide services to victims of commercial sexual exploitation, I can say with certainty that commercial sexual exploitation differs from the stereotypes often perpetuated by these campaigns.Hyperbolic coverage does more harm than good.

Victims don’t look like the girls in the posters.
When we hear “human trafficking” we have an image — thanks in great part to faith-based nonprofits — of thin, white women plucked from their perfect homes, blindfolded and gagged, chained to beds in sexually provocative poses.Sometimes, the pictures feature kids who are shockingly young.
According to the experts who help them, most kids involved in commercial sexual exploitation are runaways or “throwaways” — homeless youth that are otherwise already in a negative situation and in need of help.GEMS founder Rachel Lloyd says the overwhelming majority of commercially exploited girls and women her organization services are “low-income young women of color, over 70% of whom have been in the foster care system and all of whom have histories of sexual abuse, physical abuse, and/or neglect prior to their recruitment.”

Covenant House confirms, human trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation disproportionately affect people of color, and other minorities, including LGBTQ youth.

Not all victims of commercial sexual exploitation are women or girls, nor are all victims youth. So why the pictures of white children clinging to teddy bears? Whyterrifying articles warning parents how to protect their kidsfrom getting abducted? Do white women really only care when it threatens our literal daughters or girls that look like us?"

4 Things To Know About Human Trafficking

Sadly all so true. Thank you for such an informative post.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...llie-tibbetts-missing-iowa-student/index.html

More than 200 interviews have been conducted in the investigation into the disappearance of a University of Iowa student, Mollie Tibbetts, according to the special agent in charge.

Tibbetts, 20, disappeared nearly two weeks ago near Brooklyn, a small community an hour east of Des Moines, according to the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office.

The hundreds of interviews are related to tips investigators have received, said Richard Rahn, the special agent in charge with the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation for the Major Crime Unit. The sheriff's office is scheduled Tuesday to give an update on the investigation.

Does anyone recall ever hearing LE canvased the neighborhood?

I know that we all assume they did but I am just curious if they actually did it. It is country. And neighbors are not right on top of each other. I don't know what sort of initial grid they used. LE became involved as that critical first 48 hours was nearing its end. I can see how some may be related to folks to local LE/City Council/... There have been cases where a neighbor next door or a neighbor down the street or a neighbor who lived at a particular address not long before was never contacted. And it isn't until years later and cold case reviews bring it to light and new critically important information helps solve cases.

There was a separate interview where DCI Special Agent in Charge Richard Rahn said they interviewed over 100 people on Friday alone. Today he is saying over 200 interviews in total- all conducted after tips. Anyone else have a bad reaction to that? I honestly don't know why he would say this? Someone please explain. Could it create a chilling effect?

I would have thought it would have been better if he said simply let it appear their investigative skills had led to 200 folks being interviewed. It almost sounded to me as though he was distancing himself and placing the responsibility on some tipsters.

AND at the same time he has been telling reporters he has called in more agents to stamp down rumors!

What are the locals supposed to think and do to stay inside the lines this man has drawn?

I see a disconnect here. Maybe it is because of a well known and documented small town dynamic. This place has only 1500 people. The whole county of Poweshiek County has less than 19,000 people!

Someone help we understand why it was necessary or advantageous to use the media this way in this missing person case?

Right?! I got a n uneasy feeling that the Senator inserted herself into MT's case to push her own agenda. Of course that is IMO. Of course human trafficking is a real problem. But highly unlikely in this case. It came off as a typical politician move.
I agree! I even checked to see if it's an election year for her (it isn't - she has a couple more years from what I could find). Made me uncomfortable because it seemed not so much focused on Mollie and her family but on her issue.

One other possibility is that the dogs also sleep in the basement, too, but LE is leaving that info out.

Regarding her going missing in the morning... That just seems like a risky time to kidnap a person because their not showing up for work could send people looking almost immediately.
The family stated the dogs sleep with her, when she is home.

I just got in off the road but I have managed to almost catch up. I shared shared shared and made sure all my truckers (the truckers missing child project) are up to date on Mollie.
Prayers and much anticipation for today's update.
I am so glad the rumor mill is not allowed or active on WS. Proud to be amongst you all.
Love and respect and let's find Mollie,
Chi

Good morning, Chi.

Press conference today at 1:30PM CDT, although I don't expect to learn much.

Rick Rahn, a special agent in charge at the Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation, told Fox News that no case facts will be laid out during the press conference. Mollie Tibbetts' father says he is putting his faith in the investigators

Also, don't know if you've been here since the media thread was created, so here is a link to that. Unfortunately, we have people posting the same articles over and over in the thread, but hoping they will start checking the media thread first... IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

Have a great day! :p

Dear law enforcement,

Today at the press conference give a profile of the beast who took Mollie!!!!! Let the people of Poweshiek County help you!!!!!

Let the people of this area resume searching. You haven't found her so let them search!!! Her family needs to bring her home!!!!!
IMO, it seems when the public is asked to not search anymore, LE has some evidence they're holding close to the vest that they know the MP is not in the area, or they're building a case against a certain person, and time is no longer of the essence because the MP is likely deceased. Either way, I wish they would allow searches too.

My apologies, but I'm short on time and this case has exploded with posts. Is anyone willing to give me the 2-minute update regarding actual new developments? Thank you in advance. (I hate it when cases take off so fast that you can't find out facts unless you invest hours of time.)
Not much solid news today sadly. The interview of the father is worth a look and was frankly heartbreaking. LE did make the announcement of press conference tomorrow at 1:30 CT which could be helpful. Gossip and speculation unfortunately continue on other sites unabated.

I am going to break up your post into separate quotes to better respond. All from the same post.
Does anyone recall ever hearing LE canvased the neighborhood?
Yes, they did from the outset in addition to massive public searches right at the beginning. There are a couple articles referencing this on page 1 of this thread and in the media thread including this one: Search ongoing for missing Iowa woman and there was a photo in a Daily Mail piece of people lined up to search a corn field AND the original mass searches were called off in part due to them needing people to be home for door to door canvassing.

LE became involved as that critical first 48 hours was nearing its end.
They became involved at 24 hours from the earliest possible time she went missing, not 48 hours.

There was a separate interview where DCI Special Agent in Charge Richard Rahn said they interviewed over 100 people on Friday alone. Today he is saying over 200 interviews in total- all conducted after tips. Anyone else have a bad reaction to that? I honestly don't know why he would say this? Someone please explain. Could it create a chilling effect?
No bad reaction here. My guess is that he probably said it because there's been so much questioning of their investigation since they aren't releasing information. He was likely clarifying that they are still actively doing interviews and following up on tips. I see that as a positive.

You seem to have a very negative opinion of SAC Rahn, but I'm not sure why. You keep questioning him and his qualifications over and over. I don't love the way LE operates all the time, but I do believe that he is in the position he's in due to experience and qualifications and I have no problem with how he's done his job so far in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upstairsmeow