DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybervampira

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
Posting guidelines:

* We do not sleuth or accuse people who have not been named by LE as suspects or POI's.

* Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects/POI. The few exceptions are victims' pages, LE and MSM pages.

* Questions about the rules or mod decisions should be addressed to a mod in a private message. DO NOT discuss them in the thread.

* If you see a post that violates TOS, please do not reply to it. Alert the post ASAP.

* If you quote a post which later is removed by a mod, your post is subject to removal, as well.

*Websleuths is a fact based site. Provide a MSM link for your assertions. Rumors are not allowed. Sites such as reddit or sub-reddit are not approved to be linked, referenced or discussed.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.

In the last thread the same queries were posited over and over about who was cleared. This person was cleared but not that one and how about this one and that one. These type of sentiments and statements can be construed as suggesting involvement by individuals in Mollie's close circle of family and friends. Our terms of service very clearly discourages that type of speculation.

TOS and WS rules will be strictly enforced from this point forward. You have been duly warned. Expect a TO or worse if you choose not to follow the rules of this forum and of this case.

*no need to click like button*

In the last thread the same queries were posited over and over about who was cleared. This person was cleared but not that one and how about this one and that one. These type of sentiments and statements can be construed as suggesting involvement by individuals in Mollie's close circle of family and friends. Our terms of service very clearly discourages that type of speculation.

TOS and WS rules will be strictly enforced from this point forward. You have been duly warned. Expect a TO or worse if you choose not to follow the rules of this forum and of this case.

Thank or like this post to indicate you have read it before posting in the thread.

Thank you Harmony 2,

To our members posting on Mollie's thread. You may think by tossing out a question like "What about (insert name here) has this person been cleared" it seems totally innocent. It's not at all. You have just inserted an innocent person into a huge nationwide media story and cast doubt on their innocence.

You must understand how powerful your words are especially on Websleuths. We know law enforcement reads here along with many media outlets.

We will never know if the police read our threads and use the ideas from our members but I would be my life on it. Please keep this in mind when you post.

So when you are discussing a case, especially a case as big as Mollie's remember what you post matters and your words are being seen by many.

We will be timing people out or banning outright those who do not stop mentioning innocent people and asking if they have been cleared.

Thank you,
Tricia

Please continue discussion here...

livestream links:

Livestream 2

KCRG-TV9

We Are Iowa Local 5 News

KGAN CBS 2

Home

courtesy of cocomod:
thank-you-smiley.gif

Watch live at 1:30: Mollie Tibbetts investigation update

Last edited:
I’m confused by this because a Fitbit doesn’t ping unless synced with a phone via Bluetooth. So if it pinged there, the phone would have had to remain on. Very strange.
Pulling this forward from the last thread. In the help article I linked to earlier from Fitbit, it did mention that you can use certain tools to search for nearby bluetooth devices, so I guess they could do that. But I think it would have to be fairly close range already...

So... If the car she shared with her brother was at her mom's house, maybe she got up early in the morning, grabbed her red work shirt and her phone, put the dogs in the basement for the day, and started jogging/walking over to her mom's? Maybe she vanished in the early morning hours then, while jogging to her mom's?
This would make a lot of sense to me EXCEPT that all the more recent posters and everything mention the jogging outfit and she left her wallet and ID at the boyfriend's house. For every theory there are a couple maddening details that make it uncertain...

how does that explain that law enforcement have said she was doing homework that night? I took that as after the jog? I wish wish wish they would confirm a timeline of sorts that they know.
This was a second-hand quote that has been countered in other articles...

Rehash:

When did Mollie Tibbetts go missing, how is her Fitbit aiding the search and what's her boyfriend Dalton Jack say?

bbm

The FBI is said to be using an array of computer forensics such as studying online history, social media, mobile phone data and app usage as well as GPS tracking of all her electronic gadgets, including her FitBit.

Agents are also working with staff from the University of Iowa, where she was taking a degree in psychology, her friends and others to gain access to her laptops and online accounts.

What other "gadgets"? I'm assuming that is a generalization. If there are other "gadgets" we might assume they're fitness-related, as Mitch Mortvedt (DCI) appears to confirm in the video report linked below...

FBI & DCI join search for Mollie Tibbetts

Highlights from the linked video report, bbm:

[Reporter] standing just off W. Des Moisne Street about a block from the house where she was last known to be at [boyfriend's house]...

...gravel path [along corn field near the house] one of the many her boyfriend says she typically took while jogging.

Investigators are now going back through this entire area looking for any clues that might lead them to Mollie.

It's not that the volunteer effort wasn't successful in finding clues but they want to be sure they didn't miss anything.

While they're confident they've built an accurate timeline so far they're hoping GPS tracking will help them crack the case.

Issued search warrants to a number of different social media and electronic device type manufacturers of things that we know that she was involved in or that she owned or that she used for her exercise routine ... and we're getting some of that information back.

LE, through volunteer efforts, has found clues. LE also constructed an accurate timeline so far, meaning, up to a certain point.

It will be difficult for LE to build the timeline and location beyond that certain point if MT's phone and/or other gadgets were powered down/destroyed or were otherwise prevented from sending data to centralized servers.

We don't know if Mollie had her phone and other "gadgets" with her when she went missing. That is key. If she did have them, were the devices powered up and sending data for long enough to enable LE to construct the timeline beyond the "so far" point?

Would LE be holding only a "reward' presser if the answer was yes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee