Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mollie Tibbetts' mom: 'You won't see me giving up hope'

"Investigators are expected to announce an update on Friday. The Brooklyn, Iowa resident was last seen on Wednesday, July 18, when her older brother Jake dropped her off at her boyfriends' house, where she was living for the summer."

I'd also point out that the address listed on the call logs when the missing person report was filed lists the boyfriends' house as the address.

Nice sourcing! I appreciate everyone who remembers/ finds/ pulls up/ links these references.

Does this new article have any new information? It is blocked in the EU. Thank you in advance.

New details in Mollie Tibbetts case at 1:30 p.m.

Not really.

DES MOINES, Iowa —
Iowa investigators will give an update in the search for Mollie Tibbetts today.

The 20-year-old hasn't been seen or heard from in almost two-weeks, and search efforts have brought few answers.

Mollie’s father is now sending out an emotional plea for his daughter to come home.

Meanwhile, people across the country are bringing awareness to the nationwide search.

FBI Agents are still searching for answers in Brooklyn, Iowa. It's still unclear if Mollie returned to her boyfriend's house after her jog on July 18th.

Her brother says investigators told him she was doing homework the night she disappeared. Mollie's boyfriend also says he got a SnapChat from her around 10 p.m. that same night, and she appeared to be indoors.

However, Investigators don't want to reveal what they call the "solid timeline" they've pieced together. Authorities say there is nothing new to report publicly on the search, but they're still working hard.

I mean it's not like they picked 2 farms 15 miles outside of Brooklyn at random and decided to swarm them with FBI, DCI and k-9 units. The first search started around midnight too. Something led them to the area. I definitely agree with not naming the farms or the farm owners at this point though, and I don't think any MSM has, although obviously it's fairly easily to find out who they are.

With how many misleading statements we've gotten I don't think anyone would be surprised if today they announce they actually did find evidence there but had to lie to protect the investigation.

I know it's been reported (possibly incorrectly) that it was a ping, and also speculation from sm, and tips. I wonder about a farmer or nearby resident calling in unexpected traffic or a vehicle stopped for any period of time in the area. There wouldn't be a lot of traffic out there just due to how sparsely populated it is and I would imagine most residents would hear or notice anything out of the ordinary. If LE found something, they may want to avoid saying anything to imply the landowner was involved in any way.

I have heard - but do not know if this is true - that the hogs eating people "idea" is really only true if the hogs are underfed/hungry. The hogs in this situation I would expect are being fed to the max to fatten and sell as quickly as possible. But, perhaps I'm not correct in the knowledge I have of the history of hogs eating people - so take this statement with a grain of salt. I may try to research this after work (because that's a normal hobby, right? o_O)

Pigs will eat anything, fed or not. Speed in which they will eat it might be affected, but most livestock don't seem to have a "I'm full" switch. It's why livestock may have free choice to hay, but grain intake is carefully measured, pastures can cause issues in spring and fall for grazing animals. Bloat is a very real and can be serious/deadly.

Does this new article have any new information? It is blocked in the EU. Thank you in advance.

This statement is all I found to be interesting (for lack of a better term). "However, Investigators don't want to reveal what they call the "solid timeline" they've pieced together. Authorities say there is nothing new to report publicly on the search, but they're still working hard."

Well, I skipped over half of thread 6 and all of 7 to catch up. I know about the p.c. at 1:30 p.m. today. It sounds to me like the only info. we are going to get from that is about new reward money. I did see Mollie's dad's interview from FOX news. I hate to be a pain, but anynew MSM info. since last night that is important. What have you all been talking about since last night? Thanks.

Thanks for the info re: the pieces indicating Molly was living at the boyfriend's. I guess I'd still like to see something that's a direct quote from someone where they state specifically what she was doing. The one interview I saw - don't recall where - that referenced it just contained an off-the-cuff comment about her being 'over there half the time' or something to that effect. I can see a reporter extrapolating more from the statement than was intended, and the assumption then becoming gospel.

It's primarily of importance in trying to decipher what the brother was thinking when he was asking about her needing a ride 'home'. Where is home?

Stippling's post. Spot on. [snip]
someone has to squeal. pardon the hog farm pun. but i do believe that's what her father was trying to say. someone has to snitch. (bbm) JMO.
I too got that message during Father's 7/30 interview on Fox. Said finding Mollie was a "3 part" process, and parts 1 & 2 in place (excellent law enforcement, and community outreach i.e., posters, buttons, etc). Somebody being "courageous" and calling the "anonymous tip line" is what's needed to bring Mollie home. Yes, emphasis was someone needs to snitch.

Djc-lhqUUAA6qDg.jpg

Lukas J. Voss (@LukasVossCBS2) | Twitter

Not really. There are several videos, and this information:

"FBI Agents are still searching for answers in Brooklyn, Iowa. It's still unclear if Mollie returned to her boyfriend's house after her jog on July 18th.

Her brother says investigators told him she was doing homework the night she disappeared. Mollie's boyfriend also says he got a SnapChat from her around 10 p.m. that same night, and she appeared to be indoors.

Today, the Poweshiek County Sheriff's Office plans to hold a news conference announcing a new reward at 1:30 p.m. KCCI will stream that news conference on the KCCI News App and our Facebook page."​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaastrichtDetective