Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ready for the presser. I hope we get something, but I kind of doubt it.

I do think LE may have told family more info but asked them to keep it quiet. The dad's comment that the search is "nationwide" is interesting, along with the fact that (as far as I know) there aren't any search parties organized in Brooklyn right now. Perhaps LE have a strong lead that she has been taken out of the area and are following up on it just IMO. So there wouldn't be a ton for family to be doing locally but just waiting to hear news.

Does anyone feel she is still alive, and, if so, under what circumstances?

Searching for reasons to hope here!

I don't necessarily have any feelings that she is alive, but I also don't have any feelings that she is not alive. As time goes on and they don't find a body, I think the chances of her being alive improve.

If she is alive, I suspect she is being held captive by somebody at some location. A less likely possibility is that she is having some mental issues and is off by herself.

I do have a strong feeling that the Jake Wilson case could possibly be related to Mollie Tibbetts's disappearance. The cases are just so similar and so close together. The only major difference is their gender. Which I'm not really sure what to make of that.

Carrying a thought over that I was kind of 'pushing' in the last thread...

Regarding how often Mollie stayed at her boyfriend's home, I believe my assumptions that she didn't actually live there were based on early comments about her staying there to take care of the dogs.

If she was 'basically living there for the summer' would they have said she was staying there *to* care for the dogs? If that's where her stuff was, where she was sleeping every night, etc., would they have needed to identify a reason for her being there (the dogs)? Wouldn't the initial reports simply have been, "Mollie, who was living at her boyfriend's house for the summer..."

Also, she was to attend the bf's brother's wedding in the Dominican Republic. Was this the same brother the bf lived with? Or another brother? Just trying to sort out if she was staying in a house with a soon-to-be bride and groom.

My hope is great that the press conference will encourage the tip or tips called in that will solve this.

Just listening to the press conference will remind people where they were and what they were doing during that time period. Also, they will be reminded to think about anything unusual they witnessed someone doing or not doing.

Because of the way the authorities clearly state that any information, even if we deem it to not be important, needs to be called in. This feels hopeful to me.

I always appreciate hearing this because there have been cases where a person called in with something they thought was insignificant yet it led to solving the cases.

Today when I was on Snapchat, her story appeared as a featured story. It's hard to explain if you don't have Snapchat, but there is a section of the app that has news stories such as celebrity posts, entertainment news, etc. It reminds me of standing in a grocery aisle and being stared at by all the gossip magazines. I rarely ever look at anything in there and it actual annoys me that it is a part of the app. I can't link anything because I saw it with my own eyes, but I thought it was interesting/neat that they featured her story. I'm not sure if it is something everyone on Snapchat sees or if it just targets people based on their phone activity, but I have read today that other people saw it too!

This would make a lot of sense to me EXCEPT that all the more recent posters and everything mention the jogging outfit and she left her wallet and ID at the boyfriend's house. For every theory there are a couple maddening details that make it uncertain...

This was a second-hand quote that has been countered in other articles...

Right! This was my thinking too, that it happened in the early morning hours, but then the details are all mixed up. This case is mind boggling.

@wowitsdark I see what you're saying, but also articles through yesterday (haven't checked today) were still reprinting the bit about her running through the corn fields... So I think they do tend to grab a detail and keep repeating it, true or not.

The house was with the soon-to-be-newlyweds. Also, there's some stuff on Mollie's social media that implies that she was staying there at least some of the time besides the "dogsitting" but I don't want to post too much directly due to TOS.

Regarding how often Mollie stayed at her boyfriend's home, I believe my assumptions that she didn't actually live there were based on early comments about her staying there to take care of the dogs.

If she was 'basically living there for the summer' would they have said she was staying there *to* care for the dogs? If that's where her stuff was, where she was sleeping every night, etc., would they have needed to identify a reason for her being there (the dogs)? Wouldn't the initial reports simply have been, "Mollie, who was living at her boyfriend's house for the summer..."

Also, she was to attend the bf's brother's wedding in the Dominican Republic. Was this the same brother the bf lived with? Or another brother? Just trying to sort out if she was staying in a house with a soon-to-be bride and groom.

I believe the "watching the dogs" aspect was emphasized because the BF was out of town and someone had to tend to the dogs.

Today when I was on Snapchat, her story appeared as a featured story. It's hard to explain if you don't have Snapchat, but there is a section of the app that has news stories such as celebrity posts, entertainment news, etc. It reminds me of standing in a grocery aisle and being stared at by all the gossip magazines. I rarely ever look at anything in there and it actual annoys me that it is a part of the app. I can't link anything because I saw it with my own eyes, but I thought it was interesting/neat that they featured her story. I'm not sure if it is something everyone on Snapchat sees or if it just targets people based on their phone activity, but I have read today that other people saw it too!
I saw it, too. I am glad they put it on Snapchat since apparently law enforcement is looking nationwide.

I suggest having several links ready and open for livestream in case one doesn't work you can move over to another window. Have one unmuted while the others are on mute.

Livestreams are notorious for having issues from my experience.

Awww her Dad stated (HLN) Mollie is incredibly silly and so much fun to be around. He is a great spokesman. Molly had gotten a passport for the first time for the DR trip. Really nothing else new that I caught. I missed a few minutes tho.

I wondered if the early reports of "staying there to dog-sit" came from family who were not comfortable proclaiming to the world, early on: "and she was living with her boyfriend."

And from all I've heard, the soon-to-be bride and groom lived in the house, same brother.

I hope everybody who has any concerns or suspicions - no matter how "trivial" they may seem - are reporting them to the Tip Line and LE. If you live within, heck, even 100 miles of Brooklyn, IA, and your cousin, coworker, neighbor, etc. canceled plans on the 19th or 20th, or showed up late to obligations, or was acting unusually nervous/erratic around that, etc.... I hope people call it in.

Worst-case scenario
is the reported person is questioned by LE, and an innocent person would, hopefully, have no problem assisting and ruling themselves out. Best-case scenario is the tip leads to an arrest of the actual perp.

Always report if you have reason to believe something/someone is suspicious! Never ignore gut feelings!

Mollie Tibbetts' mom: 'You won't see me giving up hope'

"Investigators are expected to announce an update on Friday. The Brooklyn, Iowa resident was last seen on Wednesday, July 18, when her older brother Jake dropped her off at her boyfriends' house, where she was living for the summer."

I'd also point out that the address listed on the call logs when the missing person report was filed lists the boyfriends' house as the address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC