Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have not heard anything from Mollie’s Dad (or her Mum) to suggest she was depressed and scunnered with her job, studies, relationship or life. It is very difficult to hide your true demeanour for three solid hours on the phone. Mollie could have felt down of course but possibly not to the extent that she wanted to leave her life. I suffer from severe depression every day due to my numerous health problems and my parents can tell within a few minutes of speaking to them when my depression has worsened. I try my best to fake that I’m doing ok but they see through it.

I think it is likely Mollie’s Dad would have picked up on a change in his daughter if things were really bad and she was struggling to cope. I’m not saying there aren’t cases were people don’t up and leave or they commit suicide and people are blindsided and never saw it coming though.

I agree! Ps. I say scunnered alot! Good word.. lol

Does anyone else feel that the reward being offered should be much higher? Two thousand dollars is currently what is being offered (last time I checked) if they could up it to something higher it might make a couple people come forward.

Yes. Like a jealous female that wants her boyfriend. Just a theory.

I see. Something is bugging me about the co-worker who called Dalton to say Mollie hadn't come into work. Perhaps its nothing but I would think her mom would be listed as the emergency contact.

(BBM)

Yes, this. If I recall correctly, it was the county sheriff, who is a man of a certain age who wouldn't want his daughter (or wife or niece) described as running in a bra, sports or otherwise. He even stumbled a bit over the wording and seemed relieved to come up with "top" as a substitute.

Also note that Mollie was wearing a pink sports bra in a VSCO photo and her SM photos have been widely circulated. As you say, the neon pink catches the attention and may have caught the attention of a stalker.
We need more men like this. IMO, of course!

Does anyone else feel that the reward being offered should be much higher? Two thousand dollars is currently what is being offered (last time I checked) if they could up it to something higher it might make a couple people come forward.
You increase the reward if you need help, perhaps this is a great sign.

“Understanding who was in the area of Brooklyn on the evening of July 18 is important." -Quote from presser

Out of everything (and nothing) that was said during the presser, this is the only thing that really stuck out to me.

That stuck out to me too. I’ve believed all along that she left voluntarily but she had help.

Perhaps that is quite a chunk of change in that neck of the woods?

There has been a lot of discussion around the reward. I tend to agree with the notion that rewards really aren't very influential in solving crimes. I don't think it is a great motivator and can't recall a case in which it lead to an arrest.

I do find it interesting that since there is one, that it is so low. Makes me think they also don't believe it'll be motivating as there hasn't been focus on increasing it. Also that they may not need it to be influential. JMO.

I seem to recall that the reward for the McStay family of four was around $1k.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding. That is the $20 million answer/non-answer right there. Dissect that sentence very carefully. We cannot tell you (nowhere did they say we don't know -- just that we can't tell you) why Mollie is missing.
I totally take this as "We can NOT' tell you" - as opposed to "We can't tell you." I take it as "we will NOT tell you" as opposed to "We are not ABLE to tell you." They have a job to do, to find this girl!

A reward would not be a motivator to a native Iowan. Doing the right thing, by getting a tip to LE, would. It's a cultural thing. If that tip did lead to the arrest, they'd turn the money down. JMHO, having lived there almost a decade. Very unlike, say, CA., where I used to live.

There has been a lot of discussion around the reward. I tend to agree with the notion that rewards really aren't very influential in solving crimes. I don't think it is a great motivator and can't recall a case in which it lead to an arrest.

I do find it interesting that since there is one, that it is so low. Makes me think they also don't believe it'll be motivating as there hasn't been focus on increasing it. Also that they may not need it to be influential. JMO.
I have a couple of thoughts about the reward:

* Rewards are good for keeping the story in the news. Mollie's story has been in the news, so they really don't need that bump right now.

* It's possible that this town is full of people who assume people will come forward because it's the right thing to do - not because they are motivated by profit. There might not be a movement to raise money for a reward - they'd rather raise money and moral support to help the family. ykwim?

Just hunches. jmo

Yes - although the only thing I've felt strongly about from the beginning was the involvement of foul play. In all of the years I've followed missing persons cases on this forum I always felt like the oddmama out because especially with the children I was just so hopeful they were just sitting tight waiting to be found. Wandered off innocently type of thing. Sometimes I'll come across a crime in the news and head over to see what's what. But Mollie is different. The press conference just makes me think if there is foul play then the person responsible is close to her. I'm very curious as to what her college roommate has been able to provide investigators. The past few days I've been wondering if Mollie was relieved to have the place to herself that night. Seems reasonable when normally you share space with others.
I very much so want her to be safe, though. I'll high five everyone that'll indulge me if that's the case.
I agree with foul play being involved! I just think that she may have unknown friends that others may not have realized (and am suspicious that a new “friend” is involved in her disappearance). I am hopeful that LE is on this and pray they will bring Mollie home safely.

I think they know who it is but don’t have what they need for a warrant or an arrest, and maybe why they want the public so badly to keep sending tips. Hoping one will be the evidence or witness they need to make an arrest?

I agree there is likely a crime with the sheer manpower behind this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine