Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I remember that horrific & seemingly rare case (Abigale Hernandez) where she was abducted from walking home from school. I am not seeing this case as similar as I am betting that the family & neighbor were told by an officer that that she was working later that evening, the pic sent to BF, shirt missing, contacts, ID still at house, dogs in basement (for day) so it seems to me she either let someone she knew very early in the morning in, someone picked her up at the house for work, but detoured or someone knew how to confuse the timeline with details few would know like the dogs or shirt. JMO, but I believe LE does have a POI!

Last edited:
The house has been on MSM. Here is a photo for you
.View attachment 140509

The house has been remodeled from the outside at least. That is not how it looks now. If on their wedding photo album the picture on the porch swing is their house, it looks like some nice bright colors are added by looking at the pillows on the swing.

The house was incredibly dreary but now it may be bright and cheerful except for the pall of horror over it.

I think I would have to sell it. They can get more than they paid because of the remodel. Maybe no one would want to buy it though

I've been so far off with my interpretations lately, maybe you should figure out the opposite of what I say here and you might finally know what's going on... The impressions I got from the PC are that they have a fairly good idea what happened, and a good idea who did it, but they aren't entirely sure yet if it was against MT's will or not. It seemed like they were trying hard not to say anything that might make someone holding her against her will panic and kill her, and not say she had been abducted until they got to know her well enough to know if she had planned/co-planned it. If they were to make their timeline public, it might make it too obvious who they believe is responsible; the same thing is true for saying when/where she sent the SC photo, where she was when she "disappeared", why they believe she's still alive and several other things.

Other odds and ends: I believe someone posted in the last thread that a 30 year old man went in and said he was the one taking the pictures and was cleared (I'm not positive about it saying he was cleared, but that's what I remember.) I don't think a 3 hour phone call with a parent is all that odd. When my son (who lives in a different state) had a phone, almost every call we had, which was 2-3 a month, lasted 2-4 hours. I'm still not totally convinced that it was a male who was responsible, but I'm not sure why a female would be either. Oh well, all MOO.

I took it as a natural instinct on his part, not him passing judgment on what she was wearing. Given that there were several pages of discussion here on whether her VSCO photos were appropriate, I similarly don’t pass judgment on his reticence to use the term ‘sports bra.’

I’m guessing that you’re likely a good three decades younger than he is (though if I’m wrong, it won’t be the first or the last time!). Different cultural norms and expectations.

Exactly. Sports bras are a modern thing. A bra to him would mean underwear and i think that's why he was uncomfortable calling it that.

In reviewing the press conference the Iowa Dps Director Kevin Winker indicated that they have a timeline they are confident in but they can't tell you why Mollie is missing. Possibly they have the who, when, and how but not the why. The we are getting to know Mollie comment leans towards they are trying to figure out if it she left willingly or abducted or it could be both started out as willingly but turned took an unexpected turn (which has been stated before on this forum).
And this is why he couldn't answer the question whether the public is in danger.

I've been so far off with my interpretations lately, maybe you should figure out the opposite of what I say here and you might finally know what's going on... The impressions I got from the PC are that they have a fairly good idea what happened, and a good idea who did it, but they aren't entirely sure yet if it was against MT's will or not. It seemed like they were trying hard not to say anything that might make someone holding her against her will panic and kill her, and not say she had been abducted until they got to know her well enough to know if she had planned/co-planned it. If they were to make their timeline public, it might make it too obvious who they believe is responsible; the same thing is true for saying when/where she sent the SC photo, where she was when she "disappeared", why they believe she's still alive and several other things.

Other odds and ends: I believe someone posted in the last thread that a 30 year old man went in and said he was the one taking the pictures and was cleared (I'm not positive about it saying he was cleared, but that's what I remember.) I don't think a 3 hour phone call with a parent is all that odd. When my son (who lives in a different state) had a phone, almost every call we had, which was 2-3 a month, lasted 2-4 hours. I'm still not totally convinced that it was a male who was responsible, but I'm not sure why a female would be either. Oh well, all MOO.

If she planned on leaving, why would she ask her mother to make a dessert with her for a coworker’s birthday that Friday? Or, why would she be doing homework?

My gut has said “suicide” from the start. I have no idea why. I thought of the Leanne Bearden case where she went for a walk and was missing for 3 weeks before being found near where she left, dead of hanging.
They’ve searched every inch of the immediate area, to no avail. She had no car, and couldn’t have made it far enough on foot that her body wouldn’t have been found by now. Also, there are no indications from family, friends, or LE that suicide is a likely possibility.

View attachment 140512

University of Iowa sophomore Mollie Tibbetts, 20, was last seen on the evening of July 18, 2018 in Brooklyn, Iowa. Her family is begging for help. Can you, or someone you know, help find Mollie? #Dateline (link: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/missing-in-america/fbi-iowa-police-tirelessly-investigating-disappearance-university-iowa-student-mollie-n896376) nbcnews.com/feature/missin…

Please post Mollie’s missing poster on your social media if possible please. Thank you!

“We do not plan to provide findings or conclusions of investigative leads to the public at this time. Likewise, if we evaluate a piece of information and feel like its release could lead us to Mollie, we would do so,” Director Winker said.”

Ok so they must have something. They are basically saying they don’t need to share anything as they don’t think it will help find Mollie. They wouldn’t be saying that if they were scratching heads.

The whole tone of that PC was bizarre. Figuring out who Mollie is.... what do they know we don’t?

If she planned on leaving, why would she ask her mother to make a dessert with her for a coworker’s birthday that Friday? Or, why would she be doing homework?

I also wonder if Mollie had bought an outfit for attending the wedding in the DR. If the house had an alarm system and if any neighbours saw lights on that night or anything unusual that night.

This is intriguing but I can see where you are going with it. Was it "she didn't come to work" or "why wasn't Mollie at work today?" And was it on a lunch break (first chance to use a phone) or at the end of the day after the co-worker got home? I don't remember reading much about this, but I feel like I saw the co-worker was a mutual friend and called the BF as a concerned friend not as a boss contacting an emergency contact.

I can totally see that. Call does seem to be more as a concerned friend. It was made on the morning of the of the 19th and Dalton was "the one who threw red flags" after she hadn't called in or looked at the messages he sent to her that morning.

They’ve searched every inch of the immediate area, to no avail. She had no car, and couldn’t have made it far enough on foot that her body wouldn’t have been found by now. Also, there are no indications from family, friends, or LE that suicide is a likely possibility.

They searched every inch of the area in the case I stated as well. It’s hard to find a person that doesn’t want to be found. A lot of suicides are the “I never saw that coming” variety. I know it’s a reach, but still a possibility.....

I wasn't saying that I think she planned on leaving, I was saying that they may not be sure that she didn't. Those are two reasons I don't think she planned it, along with leaving the dogs locked in the basement, not taking her glasses and/or contacts with her, not taking at least a couple changes of clothes, and acting normal around family and friends. The way everybody talks about her, I can't see her planning to just vanish from all their lives and not showing any sign of sadness, fear, anxiety, etc.

This case/thread is madness. I can't follow any longer but will of course keep Mollie and her family and loved ones in my prayers. I do so hopes she's alive and is brought home safely. I don't think she is, but that is where my hope is.

Also, I'd like to add, @Harmony 2 is a certified rock star and deserves all the praise, and probably some bacon, or beer or something awesome for all the hard work keeping this thread in line with TOS.
ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!! HARMONY 2 IS OUR OWN ROCKSTAR AT WEBSLEUTHS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LinLu