Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does immigrant workers maintain them cornfields? And where do they stay if so? Just asking.
What d
Does immigrant workers maintain them cornfields? And where do they stay if so? Just asking.

What do they have to do for corn now? I think until harvest, it just grows.If they water, they use huge machines.

I also wonder if Mollie had bought an outfit for attending the wedding in the DR. If the house had an alarm system and if any neighbours saw lights on that night or anything unusual that night.

Interesting. Motion detector lights. Doesn’t everyone have those nowadays?

I also wonder if Mollie had bought an outfit for attending the wedding in the DR. If the house had an alarm system and if any neighbours saw lights on that night or anything unusual that night.

Now that is a good question. Wouldnt there be some kind of outfit planned for the wedding and did she ever get it or rent it out?

I guess we still dont know if the BF was going to be the best man and if she was going to be a bridesmaid. I was kind of thinking that but never read anything one way or the other.

That upcoming wedding sure has made this case more complex because it throws a big wrench into the case.

I see. Something is bugging me about the co-worker who called Dalton to say Mollie hadn't come into work. Perhaps its nothing but I would think her mom would be listed as the emergency contact.

If there were other young people also working there over the summer, I think the thing that would happen is that one of them probably had her BF's number in their own phone and just said, "Let me check with Jack and see where she is." Much more efficient than looking up her file to contact her mom (if she was the contact listed). They probably just assumed she had car trouble and her phone wasn't working, or that she had overslept, or something of that nature, not that there was an emergency.

Having grown up as a Midwestern farm girl, I'd say that is highly unlikely. Nobody is typically out in a cornfield on foot at any time of year, but especially while it is growing in the summer. It is typically planted, tended, and harvested with very expensive farm equipment (worth far more than most people's homes) which is more often than not operated by family members or someone who works for the farm, if it is a really big operation. This time of year, there is nothing to do but to let that corn grow. No tending done until harvest in the fall. Very little, if any, immigrant labor typically is used in Midwestern grain farming.

Having grown up as a Midwestern farm girl, I'd say that is highly unlikely. Nobody is typically out in a cornfield on foot at any time of year, but especially while it is growing in the summer. It is typically planted, tended, and harvested with very expensive farm equipment (worth far more than most people's homes) which is more often than not operated by family members or someone who works for the farm, if it is a really big operation. This time of year, there is nothing to do but to let that corn grow. No tending done until harvest in the fall. Very little, if any, immigrant labor typically is used in Midwestern grain farming.
Great insight, thanks!

Mollie Tibbetts‏ @Motibbs
My favorite thing is that whenever the moon is really pretty my dad and I text each other about it and he call it his, "Mollie moon"
1f319.png
1f495.png

---
I do so hope she is okay.

Perhaps late the night of the 18th, after Mollie finished doing her homework, someone invited her to go to the Denny's with them, down by the TravelCenter near Route 80. If this person was someone she knew and trusted, it would explain her going voluntarily and not taking her wallet or id - expectation was the person taking her was going to pay. And then they would bring her back home...

Perhaps then once she was in the car, it wasn't really a trip to Denny's for a late night bite, but at that point she was trapped in the person's car. Motive? Lust, jealousy?

Presuming the investigators pulled the videos from the Denny's and TravelCenter as well as cell readers on 80. What cars were in that area, went by...

Just speculation on my part, but might explain the search down by Guernsey. Still think the old railroad bed area likely has a hunting cabin/trailer/old shed/mobile home somewhere along those wooded areas...

We did that when we were young. Mostly for what was, at the time, DeKalb Ag. Not typically done in every farm field, though -- usually just for the seed corn companies, right?
I don't actually know. I never did it. Couldn't take the humidity & getting so corn-grimy. I heard it was just real rough.... you're brave.

What d

What do they have to do for corn now? I think until harvest, it just grows.If they water, they use huge machines.

This depends on what kinds of fields you are talking about. Farmer's crops are probably just in 'growing' mode until harvest in October or November. If it's corn planted by seed companies to use as seed for next year's crop, there are all sorts of jobs to be done. They are usually done by teens or crews of Hispanic immigrants. Google for videos about detasselling and you'll see some good info. It's kind of a rite of passage in corn country.

I do not know if there are seed corn fields near Brooklyn. Just saying if there are, yes, intense cornfield work could be underway at this time.

Perhaps late the night of the 18th, after Mollie finished doing her homework, someone invited her to go to the Denny's with them, down by the TravelCenter near Route 80. If this person was someone she knew and trusted, it would explain her going voluntarily and not taking her wallet or id - expectation was the person taking her was going to pay. And then they would bring her back home...

Perhaps then once she was in the car, it wasn't really a trip to Denny's for a late night bite, but at that point she was trapped in the person's car. Motive? Lust, jealousy?

Presuming the investigators pulled the videos from the Denny's and TravelCenter as well as cell readers on 80. What cars were in that area, went by...

Just speculation on my part, but might explain the search down by Guernsey. Still think the old railroad bed area likely has a hunting cabin/trailer/old shed/mobile home somewhere along those wooded areas...
Even if someone is going to pay, you still take your wallet. I'm inclined to think that this is a lust crime, but everything is on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay