Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it is frustrating we didn’t learn any new information from the press conference but please know law enforcement know a lot more than we do and they are not releasing the information for good reason.
Hi Gregj, agreed. I’ve come to realize that this seems to be the norm, not releasing anything unless it is directly related to something that LE needs from the public, moo.

Right... I do understand that part. I just wondered if it's odd that others are not out there confirming their alibis. Not even suggesting it is telling about anything in any way, just curious if it is normal.

For instance, if someone I knew was missing and I had seen her sister in WalMart at the time she disappeared, *I* would be telling people I knew the sister didn't do it because she was out shopping at that time.

All of those individuals who would've been the first line suspects were cleared / had alabis. I assume secondary people corroborated their alibis. And yet none of those secondary people are discussing what they know with the media. Does LE ask secondary witnesses like that to keep what they know to themselves?
Oh I got you. That is odd. Yes, they could have/likely did tell these people to be quiet, but with a case of this scope, that would be very difficult to achieve. Perhaps it’s just not being reported on.

Does immigrant workers maintain them cornfields? And where do they stay if so? Just asking.

Just an honest question to clarify: Does whether they are immigrant workers make a difference in your analysis or are you just wondering about temporary seasonal workers in general (regardlsss of nationality) that don’t necessarily live in Brooklyn year round.

This is a call to action. There is something anyone here can do to potentially help. Post the tip line, share it, use the logic and wisdom you’ve shown here to encourage others to do the same via SM. Audibly back Brooklyn and surrounding areas, especially, to encourage contacts to be courageous and jog their memories for any detail their intuition flags.

It is easy to believe you cannot help influence change, but the truth is you can.

This is also an appeal for caution — many deduce reasons details are being withheld. If you believe said deductions, discretion might be a sage fortress.
Useless tips can and will hinder the investigation. This is terrible advice. Edit* I misunderstood the post.

Just an honest question to clarify: Does whether they are immigrant workers make a difference in your analysis or are you just wondering about temporary seasonal workers in general (regardlsss of nationality) that don’t necessarily live in Brooklyn year round.

I'm not the one who asked the question, but can say that it does create a different dynamic when crews are brought in from elsewhere. An immigrant man in his 50's who lived in Arizona who was working on a corn crew died while working in Nebraska recently.

Searchers find body of 52-year-old man who disappeared while detasseling corn near Grand Island

They’ve searched every inch of the immediate area, to no avail. She had no car, and couldn’t have made it far enough on foot that her body wouldn’t have been found by now. Also, there are no indications from family, friends, or LE that suicide is a likely possibility.
I'm not ruling anything out at this point, but I also consider this possibility less likely. They had dogs out fairly early on, and if she'd simply walked somewhere and killed herself, I feel as though the canines would have picked up the trail. MOO

I'm not the one who asked the question, but can say that it does create a different dynamic when crews are brought in from elsewhere. An immigrant man in his 50's who lived in Arizona who was working on a corn crew died while working in Nebraska recently.

Searchers find body of 52-year-old man who disappeared while detasseling corn near Grand Island

A few threads ago, someone who grew up in corn country said they knew to stay out of the corn. Is there any critter that lives there? Forests can have bears, some hills around here have mountain goats which can be pretty mean.

Because the Fitbit element has been widely covered, it is felt as clear for discussion. For anyone not aware of interface details, I’ve attached an image of heart rate and sleep tracker detail from an Alta HR. If one is awakened from sleep, it is readily evident; start of sleep time is automatically detected if/when it occurs. Reading heart rate is not simple. Spikes can occur from stress and during exertion.

The increase shown before noon was due to an unexpected elevated-cortisol event. It is a different pattern than that which occurs while exercising.

This is not being shown to assist in sleuthing, rather, to illustrate just some of the data the investigation has. Note these are only two features, additional ones exist.

Attachments

• A9DCE6B0-8968-4846-8C70-CE7F0D1712B6.png
    A9DCE6B0-8968-4846-8C70-CE7F0D1712B6.png
    309.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 85F8341C-F172-4EE6-B748-5DC1CF6F5E22.png
    85F8341C-F172-4EE6-B748-5DC1CF6F5E22.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 47
I'm not ruling anything out at this point, but I also consider this possibility less likely. They had dogs out fairly early on, and if she'd simply walked somewhere and killed herself, I feel as though the canines would have picked up the trail. MOO

I don't trust dogs as a way to rule things out. They're wonderful when they do find people, but a lot of times they fail. Training, miscommunication with handler, weather conditions, who knows.

Another statement that points to the 18th rather than the 19th.
Mollie Tibbetts search: Boyfriend's brother says scrutiny directed at his family unwarranted
"Blake Jack said any scrutiny of him or his brother is unwarranted, saying that investigators have confirmed their whereabouts on the night Tibbetts vanished."
I would think if there was any question on when she disappeared, LE would have confirmed where everyone was from the last confirmed sighting until she was reported missing. (BBM) I also think it's likely family and bf know far more about the timeline than what we've been told and were told not to discuss with the media/public.

You did questioned why LE didn't confirm where everybody was..

What makes you think LE didn't confirm that "everybody" was where they said they were? Be hard to clear them. I think we're the only ones with questions...

I do think LE confirmed alibis for bf and brother (and probably 200 others) and I'm sure they checked out that entire period. I just think it's interesting that he specifically stated "the night she disappeared" as well as the presser statement about the evening of the 18th being important.

No one close to the investigation is talking about the morning of the 19th, but it's been the popular theory that she went missing that morning prior to work. I thought for sure she went missing that morning, either her planned ride or crime of opportunity was responsible. But if something happened that evening, it opens some different options for me personally.

I've always thought Mollie disappeared on 7/18. A social 20 year old such as Mollie does not fall off the phone/text/chat grid without a trace for nearly 24 hours until reported missing. Also, talk of the red camp shirt ceased before missing posters printed. LE had her communication pattern immediately. All details must be protected to locate this girl, and fine by me. Come home Mollie....

Last edited:
I don't trust dogs as a way to rule things out. They're wonderful when they do find people, but a lot of times they fail. Training, miscommunication with handler, weather conditions, who knows.
I am not ruling anything out! I am separating possibilities into More Likely and Less Likely. We don't have enough information to draw firm conclusions IMHO.

A few threads ago, someone who grew up in corn country said they knew to stay out of the corn. Is there any critter that lives there? Forests can have bears, some hills around here have mountain goats which can be pretty mean.
About all my nephew has seen in his are foxes and deer, but I know there have been some coyotes seen in some not too far away, and an occasional bear in those in Wisconsin. I have no idea what you might find in Iowa though.

I’m originally from Omaha, Nebraska (city) but did some of my schooling in Kearney (more rural/adjacent to very rural areas).

Anyway, besides deer, the only other critters one *might* see are coyotes, although they aren’t roaming within the corn.

If Mollie was attached by coyotes, there would be evidence found of her by now.

Because the Fitbit element has been widely covered, it is felt as clear for discussion. For anyone not aware of interface details, I’ve attached an image of heart rate and sleep tracker detail from an Alta HR. If one is awakened from sleep, it is readily evident; start of sleep time is automatically detected if/when it occurs. Reading heart rate is not simple. Spikes can occur from stress and during exertion.

The increase shown before noon was due to an unexpected elevated-cortisol event. It is a different pattern than that which occurs while exercising.

This is not being shown to assist in sleuthing, rather, to illustrate just some of the data the investigation has. Note these are only two features, additional ones exist.
Thanks Echo7. For sleep observation, do you have to wear a fitbit on each wrist?

Does anyone know if they have searched seven bridges park, one hour away where Lyric and Elizabeth were found? I still think Lyric and Elizabeth were murdered by somebody very close to them, but I'm open to the idea that their case could be related to the Delphi murders and this abduction.

So she made it home after the run and was doing homework late on the evening of the 18th

LE told this to a neighbor they questioned after they got her Fitbit data....told him she went by his home

If LE knows she made it home do you think maybe she went back out?

It would explain the dogs being in the basement and her taking only her phone

Maybe she got stressed doing homework and decided to go out for late night run?

I have sometimes gone for walks late at night around my neighborhood if I can't sleep.

There was a sweet post earlier about the moon and her Dad calling it a Mollie Moon

Maybe she wanted to go for a walk and look at the stars But unfortunately somebody grabbed her....I'm also curios if this persons home is on the path to her moms

Maybe she was walking late to go get the car to take to work the next morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove