Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So she made it home after the run and was doing homework late on the evening of the 18th

LE told this to a neighbor they questioned after they got her Fitbit data....told him she went by his home

If LE knows she made it home do you think maybe she went back out?

It would explain the dogs being in the basement and her taking only her phone

Maybe she got stressed doing homework and decided to go out for late night run?

I have sometimes gone for walks late at night around my neighborhood if I can't sleep.

There was a sweet post earlier about the moon and her Dad calling it a Mollie Moon

Maybe she wanted to go for a walk and look at the stars But unfortunately somebody grabbed her....I'm also curios if this persons home is on the path to her moms

Maybe she was walking late to go get the car to take to work the next morning.
The timeline is key to all of this. I’d like to know how long she was at the house after the jog, before she left either willingly, or unwillingly, for the last time. If it were later on, then maybe she initially left the house on her own then was abducted. But if something happened closer to the time of her return from jogging, then I think it’s likely that her abductor saw her running, and followed her into the house.

Last edited:
I have been away. Had to take a few mental health days. But I’m back and catching up. Y’all have been moving along fast!! I have tons of reading to do. My first order if business though is to invite you all to say a prayer together again for Mollie. Her family and all those who are searching for her. Please also pray for all others missing and or alone tonight thinking about running away. -jeremy

The timeline is key to all of this. I’d like to know how long she was at the house after the jog, before she left for the last time. If it were later on, then maybe she initially left the house on her own then was abducted. But if it were closer to the time of her return from jogging, then I think it’s likely that her abductor saw her running, and followed her into the house.
I'd like to know if there are any abandoned buildings within a 5 mile radius of the house. Or if there are any ravines she could have fallen into. And if Mollie liked brats. And if there was a pattern to when she joined her family for dinner. And if she had any pervy profs, admirers, or ex-boyfriends. I'd especially like to know why there are no organized searches as I've seen in other cases. There are so many things we don't know.

I'd like to know if there are any abandoned buildings within a 5 mile radius of the house. Or if there are any ravines she could have fallen into. And if Mollie liked brats. And if there was a pattern to when she joined her family for dinner. And if she had any pervy profs, admirers, or ex-boyfriends. I'd especially like to know why there are no organized searches as I've seen in other cases. There are so many things we don't know.
They’ve searched the entire area very extensively, both from the ground and air. I’m sure they’re looking into all of those other things, but if she was taken by someone unknown to her, who saw her jogging, then it’s far more complicated than the other scenarios. Playing the odds though, it is more likely a person she knew. So many unanswered questions. Hopefully the next press conference on Friday, I think, clears some things up.

I do not know how it works in the USA but since this is a small town I am guessing LE might have told them they cannot leave the country now -the wedding was to take place in the Dominican Republic- in case they are needed for further questioning, assistance in confirming the timeline etc. It is what happens in most cases in my home country Spain.

That's so damm sad for the couple who had such high hopes and excitement for their day. I'm sure they were expecting a wonderful trip and honeymoon. I can easily and certainly understand their postponing it -- what kind of happy day and reception could that couple and their families have with that big black cloud of sorrow, fear and desperation constantly over and around all of them? Oh, how so very sad and maddening for all of them. Another victim of this horrible unknowing.

Just trying to think of a scenario—
What feels really important is what was the plan for getting to work the next morning. I just don’t feel like she would have left that up in the air until the morning! That would be to stressful to not know.

Let’s say she went out for her run and did make it back to the dog-sitting house Wed evening, and then worked on homework after the run. So, suppose the plan was to get the car at her mom’s house so she could drive herself to work on Thurs. Well, why wouldn’t she have arranged her run to end at mom’s house? It would make logical sense to do so. But, instead she went back and did homework. Hmm.

Unless the brother was out using the car that Wed night, so she thought no use going to Mom’s. Maybe she couldn’t reach her brother, so she started reaching out to others to try to get a ride instead, which got her mixed with the wrong person...

I’m sure the investigators probably know the answers to this part of the timeline. But it nags at me, wish we knew what happened. Poor Mollie.

I do not know how it works in the USA but since this is a small town I am guessing LE might have told them they cannot leave the country now -the wedding was to take place in the Dominican Republic- in case they are needed for further questioning, assistance in confirming the timeline etc. It is what happens in most cases in my home country Spain.
Even if everything is paid for. They can most likely reschedule for a later date.

Plane tickets, catering, hotels, the venue, time off work and whatever else can easily be rescheduled. Jmo

Why talk to dad for 3hrs if you have homework and have to be at work the next morning. Plus squeeze in a run with all of this stuff?

3hours on the phone with dad?

It truly sounds like either they rarely speak or she knew that she was taking off and wanted to talk to him for a while before she did up and leave. Just my opinion for now.

I often read and do not post but I think this situation is quite odd. I do not agree with LE tactic thus far as it is literally do nothing to advance the case in a positive manner regardless of what they know. I do not think they have a POI but they might have a potential POI in mind. If they had anything substantial and did think she was alive...they would have moved in by now. This makes me think one of two options:

1. She went willingly and purposely not trying to be found for whatever reason. Could be depression, unhappiness, anything really. We are all affected by different things in our life (in this case maybe pressure or wanting more from life) that we can make really irrational decisions. Could also be why LE referenced "getting to know Mollie" in the PC. I feel if she did go willingly on her own...she did NOT take her life. The latest PC and the complete lack of urgency from LE seemed striking to me. I would agree with most that 85% of it was them patting themselves on the back. We get you are working hard but you cannot say in one breath that you want/need the public's help, yet give us no relevant facts, time line, etc. It is like a math teacher expecting you to answer an equation correctly when you can only see half of it. So this leads to everyone over trying and over thinking which than creates rumors and questions which they seemed now annoyed of. I cannot recall the statement specifically but LE at one point seem to imply that the public and media simply want details of the investigation...yes we do but to help not because we find this amusing. This is a tragic story regardless of what happened. I am all for protecting a case in court but at what expense and what could you potentially lose in the process of sharing nothing of substance?

2. The theory I am tending to believe is she may have been seeing or possibly talking to a guy on the side via SM. I am currently in my Masters for Security Forensics and we are taught techniques and what to look for when retrieving information from digital devices. LE has stated that they are getting a lot from the digital aspects (Fitbit, PC, etc). You would be shocked at the amount of information you can learn about a person from simply looking through their SM and digital devices. I have not read everything but most of the articles suggest that LE seems to have narrowed searches down and the urgency doesn't seem to be there once they got back some of the digital information. What I mean by that is they likely know the end result...so they are taking their time to gather evidence, possible body location, and other key facts before making their move. Remembering the Holly Bobo case, it was similar. They knew the end result and had POI's but court was not a walk in the park. If they felt she was still alive and could get to her...the PC's would be much different and more tactical. If they are trying to get someone to slip up, they would give some information with the hopes that POI or persons discusses it and gives more than what they gave in the PC. So giving nothing means they either are very close or are very lost.

I hope I am wrong but LE seems a bit lost to me. The PC seemed like complete amateur hour with the written word for word statements to being a bit unsure and confused on how to answer some questions. If I am LE going into a PC, you will walk through all the logical questions that will be asked and be versed and well spoken in your answers. The long pause when asking if the public was in danger REALLY threw me off. That would be one of the first questions that likely would be discussed amongst LE before the PC. When you come off as unsure, taken back, or lost in how you want the answer a question...that is not a tactic that is simply lack of prep. This is just my opinion of course from reading and following this case from the start and my background in digital forensics. I hope for a positive outcome but we are at the stage where it is starting to not look good. I hope I am wrong and my first option was correct and just needed to get away for whatever reason.

I'm not the one who asked the question, but can say that it does create a different dynamic when crews are brought in from elsewhere. An immigrant man in his 50's who lived in Arizona who was working on a corn crew died while working in Nebraska recently.

Searchers find body of 52-year-old man who disappeared while detasseling corn near Grand Island

I thought the same thing, not necessarily pertaining to field workers but to the workers from the fair. Fairs do bring in outsiders who are there long enough to get the layout, see the people, notice an opportunity. And then they are gone.
Does anyone know how long that fair was in town?

US police don't have any such power. They could request or suggest they not leave town, but that is all the can do. I would guess the reason for they change in plans is they just don't feel like having a wedding right now.

Last edited:
Can we comment on what family members have said?

thanks

Friendly reminder that hinting at or discussing tweets, even if on MT's Twitter, that may infer accusations against someone unnamed as a POI is against TOS. I'm not a mod but would hate to see time outs or the thread shut down. MOO.

I thought the same thing, not necessarily pertaining to field workers but to the workers from the fair. Fairs do bring in outsiders who are there long enough to get the layout, see the people, notice an opportunity. And then they are gone.
Does anyone know how long that fair was in town?
July 14th and the 17th - 23rd
Welcome to Poweshiek County Fairgrounds

Why talk to dad for 3hrs if you have homework and have to be at work the next morning. Plus squeeze in a run with all of this stuff?

3hours on the phone with dad?

It truly sounds like either they rarely speak or she knew that she was taking off and wanted to talk to him for a while before she did up and leave. Just my opinion for now.
The 3 hour phone conversation was the previous weekend not that same day.

Can we comment on what family members have said?

thanks
Only if it's as reported in MSM and not in a context of implying anything about them.

Friendly reminder that hinting at or discussing tweets, even if on MT's Twitter, that may infer accusations against someone unnamed as a POI is against TOS. I'm not a mod but would hate to see time outs or the thread shut down. MOO.
Amen. Also, saying that you aren't accusing or aren't implying or don't suspect someone doesn't negate what you post in the same comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove