Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T, I apologize if this is an inappropriate place to ask, but, is there a WS forum that contains all the abbreviations that people use in forums (e.g., BBM, RSBM, etc.). Sometimes I see people use these abbreviations, and most of them I can figure out ("MOO" = My Opinion Only), but it would be helpful if I understood all the lingo! Much appreciated, thank you!
Yes right here.

Websleuths Lingo

I think it was never very clear why they were there, just that they were. It just said "for work" or similar in early articles and was more specific about her boyfriend, mentioned the construction business, and just added to the vagueness and confusion.

Interesting. This was new to me: Blake Jack told The Associated Press on Tuesday that on July 18, he was visiting his fiancee, Aimee Houghton, in Ames, where she is working this summer. He said his brother was working a job for their family construction company about 100 miles away in Dubuque.

I thought AH was there with BJ, who was working a construction job.

I thought the same thing. I thought they were all out of town together.

Seems odd that LE would release that information to a neighbor and equally as odd that said neighbor would have any reason to be dishonest. So, maybe LE was intentionally dropping misinformation as a tactic?

I thought same. Could be he was just exaggeratimg a little there, building on the press speculation? Seems unlikely they would give oit information like that to him, when not even a relative...

With some here putting out a possibility that she may have gone off of own accord, what do you make of the Facebook page set up on July 27 purporting to be her and saying that she had created it to let family, friends etc know she was ok: 'I just want to be left alone right now'. No doubt a big hoax by some sick troll, but many seem to be reporting it (the page) to the authorities. Wonder why still there? Police hoping it may flush out something/someone? Those who know her will know if her writing style.

Unless she was taken by a Luddite, the possible POI, if there is one, has a phone, etc...hard if not impossible to believe he has not used a device in almost 2weeks or had his phone pinged. Or taken $ from ATM. It is just not that easy to remain “whereabouts unknown’ as it once was, so if there is a “who” there should be a “where” by now and jmo LE/FBI would not sit around and hope for the best. Especially if they thought she was alive and in danger. The other option for me is her possible state of mind causing concern for her well-being...it would necessary to locate her, regardless whether she wants to return or not.

I have not read one convincing reason why LE would have a POI and not have found him by now. Jmo
I don't understand - are you saying if someone took her, he (presumably) would not use his own phone/device/bank card etc for 2 weeks? why not?

Oddly in that article (and other articles as well right now) is that they have the wrong first name for the fiance.

But this stood out ...

Why would investigators tell him about FitBit and her route or she made it home safely or even that Mollie was doing her homework later that evening?

I don't know what to make of that.

It probably depends on whether the 'investigator' is FBI or just the local police. In small towns, people know each other and are quite likely to speak as friends in situations like this. It seems like protocol is what it is and is always followed, but when you're dealing with policemen / women who are neighbors looking for neighbor kids and they're people you sat by during hometown ballgames and whose homes you've taken your kids trick or treating... things are just apt to be far more familial and conversational than professional, especially if it's information that's common knowledge to the locals.

Who missed work on Thursday morning? Other than Mollie.
Who was acting weird? Tired? Anxious? Did someone who never does laundry decide to wash his/her clothes on Thursday morning?

What time do employees of the electric company next door arrive? Deliveries? Does it make service calls in vans?

I am sure LE has this covered. The press conference did nothing but state the facts as known and which can be known to the public and made those statements official, all at one time, to stop all the speculation.

I was just sitting on my front porch in rural Georgia and two joggers ran by. I was thinking about Mollie the whole time. Then, I noticed that I had barely even "noticed" them at all, aside from the fact that I did see two people. I don't even know if they were male or female, much less what they were wearing or if they were holding a cell phone. Just an observation that even though I was aware of them, I was totally unaware at the same time. So, kudos to these people who saw Mollie running and can describe what she was wearing and That she was holding a cell phone. Some people are just very attentive, I guess. You would also hope someone who could describe an outfit in great detail could name every vehicle make, model and color of driving down the road during the 30 minutes before and after. Lord someone please remember and report small details like the type cars that drove by.

O/T, I apologize if this is an inappropriate place to ask, but, is there a WS forum that contains all the abbreviations that people use in forums (e.g., BBM, RSBM, etc.). Sometimes I see people use these abbreviations, and most of them I can figure out ("MOO" = My Opinion Only), but it would be helpful if I understood all the lingo! Much appreciated, thank you!
Websleuths Lingo

Unless she was taken by a Luddite, the possible POI, if there is one, has a phone, etc...hard if not impossible to believe he has not used a device in almost 2weeks or had his phone pinged. Or taken $ from ATM. It is just not that easy to remain “whereabouts unknown’ as it once was, so if there is a “who” there should be a “where” by now and jmo LE/FBI would not sit around and hope for the best. Especially if they thought she was alive and in danger. The other option for me is her possible state of mind causing concern for her well-being...it would necessary to locate her, regardless whether she wants to return or not.

I have not read one convincing reason why LE would have a POI and not have found him by now. Jmo
Burner phone, maybe?

It probably depends on whether the 'investigator' is FBI or just the local police. In small towns, people know each other and are quite likely to speak as friends in situations like this. It seems like protocol is what it is and is always followed, but when you're dealing with policemen / women who are neighbors looking for neighbor kids and they're people you sat by during hometown ballgames and whose homes you've taken your kids trick or treating... things are just apt to be far more familial and conversational than professional, especially if it's information that's common knowledge to the locals.

This definitely crossed my mind as a possibility, too. So, back to square one.

Who missed work on Thursday morning? Other than Mollie.
Who was acting weird? Tired? Anxious? Did someone who never does laundry decide to wash his/her clothes on Thursday morning?

What time do employees of the electric company next door arrive? Deliveries? Does it make service calls in vans?

I am sure LE has this covered. The press conference did nothing but state the facts as known and which can be known to the public and made those statements official, all at one time, to stop all the speculation.

Why hasn't LE listed off this sort of questions, when they ask for tips?

I didn't put much weight on the fact that her glasses and contacts were left at the house early in the case, because I assume she had multiple pairs of contacts and could easily have been wearing a pair when she left the house, regardless of how or why she left the house. But after almost two full weeks, I think that points more clearly at the fact that she's not voluntarily missing. A person may want to run away to start over fresh, but your eyesight isn't going to start over fresh. Mollie would have needed another pair of contacts or her glasses by now, and that's not something you can just pick up in a dollar store or drugstore (unless she just needed standard reading glasses, which doesn't seem to be the case based on what I've read). If Mollie disappeared on purpose, she would have had to have a plan in place for being able to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member