Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi im new to the site. Ive been following the case and also frequent grays utube chats regarding the investigation.
Not sure if anyone here seen the strange tweet a few montjs ago mollie sent her bf but it talked of her being in a library and being approached by a cop. He told her she was wearing the same pink coat a missing 10 yr old girl had. Idk to me this seems very coincidental. I wonder if theyve questioned this cop? It wouldnt be the first time a cop could be involved. Not saying he is but i hope they looked into this.

Welcome! Interesting thought. Hmm. Reminds me of something but I can't quite recall what.

I have to admit that I consider the rumor mill a valuable tool. You have to be open to dismissing most of the rumors but you can still gather valuable information like who knows her personally, who she hangs out with, if any ex-girlfriends of BF, friends of friends, any enemies.....etc.
Many times the immediate family only sees their little girl, little sister, etc. Sometimes you have to dig into the garbage can to find info, thereby this is why I'm called a sleuther.

Absolutely 100% agree.

You dont throw the baby out with the bath water. :)

The key is picking through to be able to spot what is sincere enough and valuable enough to consider.

I'm getting Blaze Bernstein vibes from this one. A casual friend/acquaintance maybe texts (or snapchats?) her and says I'm going to stop by, maybe to drop something off, run outside it'll just be a minute. She leaves glasses/contacts expecting a quick interaction, but brings her phone maybe to see when said person is going to come, or just out of habit. Then she's taken away outside the house, hence no DNA or anything in the house. Maybe the dogs bark when someone pulls up in a car so she stuck them downstairs.

This was one if my first thoughts too. I really like how the detectives handled that case. Publicly saying his friend wasn't a suspect and was being helpful and cooperative, all the while they knew he was full of crap and had surveillance on him. Just gathering evidence and biding there time until they had enough for an airtight case. Fantastic work.

Such a senseless murder.

Who is Gray Hughes that I'm seeing mentioned??

Clue me in, please!
I haven’t seen the posts referencing him, but he has a YouTube channel. I watched a video of yesterday’s press conference that he broadcasted. It was incredibly annoying because he interjected with pointless commentary.

I haven’t seen the posts referencing him, but he has a YouTube channel. I watched a video of yesterday’s press conference that he broadcasted. It was incredibly annoying because he interjected with pointless commentary.
Is it MSM or just some guy?

O/T .... after so much great, technical info shared here, am I the only one clamoring to get a fitbit? Especially now that I know I don't need one for each wrist!! Group discount anyone?...o_O hee, hee

MassGuy -- I agree in that instance! It was right as Agent Winker was asked the question about public safety, where he pauses and basically looks unprepared to answer that question, and Gray Hughes talked over that whole part! That got to me a bit. I've watched some of his other videos about the case and found them pretty interesting, however.

O/T .... after so much great, technical info shared here, am I the only one clamoring to get a fitbit? Especially now that I know I don't need one for each wrist!! Group discount anyone?...o_O

I work with technology all day, and I've thought about getting a Fitbit, but it's just one more thing to deal with, one more thing to charge, one more thing to fill my head with more data that won't fit at this point! I'm glad Mollie has one, though, and that it is most likely helping.

I agree completely. Unfortunately it might not help get anyone to come forward even if they know something...I'm reminded of my other 'pet' case on here--Katelyn Markham...wasn't there somewhere around $100K+ offered for her case & while her remains were found, that reward money sits there and what happened to her continues to be unknown...

Interesting you mention that unsolved case, I have been getting a Katelyn Markham vibe in some of the (few) details of Mollie's disappearance...MOO FWIW

Here's the most recent of Katelyn's thread for anyone interested.

OH - OH - Katelyn Markham, 22, Fairfield, 14 August 2011 - #5

Where are you Mollie???

The more people hear about the case, the more likely that a tip will come in that will aid investigators. Someone who thinks they saw something insignificant, may come forward, and that information may actually prove valuable. Intense media coverage is generally helpful, which is exactly why people in Iowa with missing family members, are expressing frustration that their cases aren’t getting the publicity that this case is getting. I respectfully and strongly disagree with you.

Everybody who might have a lead, based on what we know now, would have already come forward, or not. If they didn't come forward already, they are not going to come forward now. Certainly everybody in that part of Iowa has already heard of the case. The word is already out. The only way they could possibly get more leads would be if the investigators release more information, and that information sparks somebody to come forward. But the investigators seem unwilling or unable to provide that information.

1. If she has been taken against her will, we can safely assume her phone is gone/destroyed.

2. No ransom has been called into LE or to her family in exchange for her release, thus far and that we know of.

3. No press conference has been done asking for anyone to release her or let her go or $ for her release. Thinking back/referencing back to how the Sherri Papini case played out in 2017 in California.

The Missouri siting is probably nothing, just mistaken identity, but can't be ruled out 100% -- yet.

I'm new here but have been lurking since close to the beginning of Mollie's disappearance, so I just wanted to make the following observations:

Looking at various social media, I get the impression Mollie loved dogs and would most likely keep the dogs around while she was at the house, meaning it's doubtful they were in the basement at night. The basement is finished and looks really comfortable from what I've seen on SM posts.

I had seen some pictures of the inside of the house (I think they were in one of Gray Hughes' videos on YouTube) and correlated those with the ones from SM. My point being that the dogs having an accident in the basement wouldn't just be on some unfinished concrete floor -- there is carpeting and a couple of nice couches down there. To me it likely seems Mollie disappeared early in the morning at some point after she left the house to most likely IMO walk to get the car from her mother's house. That would explain the missing red shirt (yeah, I still believe that is pertinent) and the dogs in the basement.

As for the wallet, contacts and glasses at home (I'm calling her boyfriend's house "home" because it was said she practically lived there this summer), if she was going to grab the car and go to work and be at a fair all day with kids, then she'd most likely NOT take a lot of bulky items. She could've slipped her license in her pocket. When I am going places with lots of people, I either bring my wallet and put it in my front pocket, or just bring a few essential items from said wallet, e.g. license, credit card, some cash, etc. So basically what I am saying is something happened in the morning, before 7:30am (when her brother Jake sent her the text, because she didn't respond).

One other theory based on observations of SM and the area around the home:

Mollie, like a lot of people, myself included, seems to be a "seasonal tanner". Looking back at her SM, it's easy to see she has a seasonal tan, so it's not likely she goes to a tanning salon. That would leave most likely tanning in the somewhat large backyard behind her home, which happens to be right across from the electric co-op. It's possible that somebody spotted her sunbathing across the way from there.

I'm a computer programmer and I also do security consulting and troubleshooting, so my brain is constantly looking at so many minute details, so the things I've outlined here have been weighing on my mind quite a bit -- glad I could get them out in such a great community!

Hi and welcome!

What I hadn't thought about that you brought up was the tanning! YES, when girls from the midwest are headed to the Caribbean they need a suntan! I wonder if Mollie has been using any tanning beds in town or around? Great thoughts~
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member