Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post and I’m not sure if this makes sense, but could she have been ordering food on her iPhone on the night of July 18th? Maybe a delivery person would have taken her. It probably sounds ridiculous, but the idea has been in the back of my head for a few days now.

I’ve been following this case for a while now, and I wish we knew more information. I’m hoping that Mollie is safe, but I’m very worried at this point.
Interesting idea, especially if she didn't have the brats at Mom's house. Checked to see what options are in Brooklyn and it wasn't clear that any of them delivered. Also if it was after 8 pm then it looks like the only options are Denny's and Subway. Subway looks like it is near or in the Pilot Truck Stop and Denny's looks to be across the street. Doesn't look like either deliver. Here is map. Brooklyn doesn't have many eating options. Didn't check beyond Brooklyn as maybe there is a delivery option in an adjacent town. Link to map: Google Maps

Interesting idea, especially if she didn't have the brats at Mom's house. Checked to see what options are in Brooklyn and it wasn't clear that any of them delivered. Also if it was after 8 pm then it looks like the only options are Denny's and Subway. Subway looks like it is near or in the Pilot Truck Stop and Denny's looks to be across the street. Doesn't look like either deliver. Here is map. Brooklyn doesn't have many eating options. Didn't check beyond Brooklyn as maybe there is a delivery option in an adjacent town. Link to map: Google Maps
Maybe someone offered to give her a lift to get something to eat?

Its interesting how they caught the guy in the Dubuque Iowa Jogger assault case. They found video from surrounding cameras and since they knew the time and approximate route she was jogging they figured out which vehicle looked most suspicious and then found the owner and brought him in for questioning and put two and two together.

In Mollies case I am surprised there is not video from the next door electric company that could help LE. It seems they would have had cameras at that business.

Dubuque man arrested in jogger assault

Do we know that there wasn't a camera/video at the electric company? (Maybe I missed that.)

Its interesting how they caught the guy in the Dubuque Iowa Jogger assault case. They found video from surrounding cameras and since they knew the time and approximate route she was jogging they figured out which vehicle looked most suspicious and then found the owner and brought him in for questioning and put two and two together.

In Mollies case I am surprised there is not video from the next door electric company that could help LE. It seems they would have had cameras at that business.

I'm glad you mentioned video. The way this is worded sounds like they may have video of Mollie from Casey's General Store. What do you think?

Fox News independently confirmed on Wednesday that police have taken copies of all surveillance videos associated with Tibbetts disappearance from Casey’s General Store, just over a half mile from her boyfriend’s house.

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews

Is there a possibility that MT's boyfriend opened the snapchat at 10pm bu that it was sent earlier? MT's mother says they were texting back and forth, MT asked what was for dinner, was told Brats, and then texted back with "OK". MT never made it to dinner. Could the snapchat have been sent during that time, but the boyfriend didn't open it until 10pm? Or for some reason it didn't get received until that time? I know I've sent snapchats before and hours later a friend will receive it.
Also, the thought is that she was studying, but could she have been merely connected with the school website and it disconnected hours later after being idle?
If so, she could have been abducted shortly after her returning home from her run.

My point is that if this is a sexually motivated offender, there is no guarantee that he won’t reoffend in the same area. I’m talking specifically about the perpetrator here and not predatory offenders in general. Because yes, there are predators everywhere.

There are 747,408 sex offenders walking the streets right now, and nine out of ten sex crimes are committed by people with no previous record. Even if this person gets caught, it's a drop in the bucket. OK it might slightly reduce the risk in that immediate area, but it would not eliminate the danger. People should always take normal precautions. Not just when a crime or crimes occur.

Out of 747,408 Registered Sex Offenders, How Many Are Actually Dangerous?

To my knowledge, the only "video confirmation" by LE thus far was to verify Mollie last seen wearing jogging attire as captured on school camera, and collaborated by at least 2 witnesses. Had it not been necessary to verify the last known clothes Mollie wearing, I'm not sure LE would have confirmed the school camera capture. Either there's nothing suspicious on the Co-Op Building camera, or LE is not releasing the information. MOO

If there is a POI and it is someone who made contact with Mollie, and if this person is available to see LE for an interview...then it would certainly not seem like she is alive, imo. If she was taken and is alive, chances are the pero is not around. And I am not sure LE would just wait and hope to find a known individual without putting out an alert for him. It would be a very dangerous game to just wait...jmo

Wonder what she did do for dinner ? Did she have some food there at the house she was staying in ? Was there any sign that she ate dinner at all that night ? Or breakfast ? wonder what the trash told LE ?

Hi im new to the site. Ive been following the case and also frequent grays utube chats regarding the investigation.
Not sure if anyone here seen the strange tweet a few montjs ago mollie sent her bf but it talked of her being in a library and being approached by a cop. He told her she was wearing the same pink coat a missing 10 yr old girl had. Idk to me this seems very coincidental. I wonder if theyve questioned this cop? It wouldnt be the first time a cop could be involved. Not saying he is but i hope they looked into this.
I don't think we've heard one way or the other about any possible surveillance videos.
I remember reading early on that the High School had some type of video/CCTV. But it would make sense that the CO-OP had CCTV too given its business activities.

There is a Library in Brooklyn but the hours are posted as 11AM-6PM. The link is below.
Welcome! — Brooklyn Public Library

Thank you. That pretty much outrules her going to the library as reports seem consistent that it was later that evening after she got back from her jog before she started studying. Would have likely been after 6pm.

Thanks so much for this as its one less thing to consider.

M

Mollie worked at a Day Camp, and the Camp Director reported that Mollie had worked there at least 2 summers. It's questionable that Mollie "canceled" dinner with her Mother. It's reported that her Mother texted she was cooking brats, and Mollie replied "OK."

It sounds as if Mollie never made it to dinner though.

Although extremely early to make any comparisons, this reminds me of the Jennifer Kesse case in Florida. Young female living alone, disappears at some unknown point (presumable at night, early morning), and there is no evidence inside the dwelling of a struggle. It is really frustrating and sad that there is such little evidence to work with.

If there is a POI and it is someone who made contact with Mollie, and if this person is available to see LE for an interview...then it would certainly not seem like she is alive, imo. If she was taken and is alive, chances are the pero is not around. And I am not sure LE would just wait and hope to find a known individual without putting out an alert for him. It would be a very dangerous game to just wait...jmo

Agree. Statistically speaking sadly it is highly unlikely she's alive unless she truly did voluntarily disappear. I think LE knows that but is not publicly stating that in hopes someone leads them to her. Someone who is likely under surveillance and they are hoping breaks or loosens up thinking they aren't on to him/her. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme