Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn’t. The questionable part was the word “canceled”, as she had only replied “ok” when her mom told her what she was cooking.

Sorry for the confusion, by canceled I meant didn't show up. Not that she actually called or texted and said she wasn't going which it sounds like for whatever reason she didn't. I don't think it's wrong to wonder why as it could be an important detail.

From my own fitbit it doesn’t show gps/locations it just tracks steps. So if Fitbit shows she last went 100 steps, they probably used the bf house as step 1 and went North, South, East, West in each direction # of steps. Just my own 2 cents on hiw they landed at the hog farm.

Red dots are places where Mollie was seen running. Arrows are direction she was heading, question mark is where it's unknown which direction she was heading. Blue line is route towards her mom's house.
Thank you. That is much better than mine, lol. :p

I think the fitbit pinging on the pig farm was a ruse by LE....Doesnt make sense...

They were worried about something out at the Pig Farm because they did have lots of officers out there searching for two days. We had a nice poster here that lived near there and confirmed seeing them out there. Had the road blocked off and everything.

News I read said it was a "tip" that led them out there so not sure what brought them there but I do think they felt it was legitimate to search because they invested resources in it.

Red dots are places where Mollie was seen running. Arrows are direction she was heading, question mark is where it's unknown which direction she was heading. Blue line is route towards her mom's house.
Just did a simple google map from house sit to Casey's and its only .7 mile and a quick jog. Wonder if this is where she went to get something to eat while on computer?

Google Maps

Sorry for the confusion, by canceled I meant didn't show up. Not that she actually called or texted and said she wasn't going which it sounds like for whatever reason she didn't. I don't think it's wrong to wonder why as it could be an important detail.
No, not wrong at all to wonder!

To me this boils down to the cell phone and the fitbit. LE has to know the last know location of each. If she were on her way to her moms in the evening or morning they would have data because they both, or at least her phone, would have been on her person pinging cell phones. The fact that they are both missing means she had them with her whenever she disappeared-would a perpetrator take them on purpose? And if she were abducted, no matter when or where, they would still be transmitting data unless that was the first thing the perp did after an abduction, turn off both or dispose of both. BUT, the cell phone went straight to voicemail. AND, while possible the cell phone was out of battery I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the cell phone would happen to go dead at the precise time she went missing. Coincidence? Don't think so. I think LE is holding back a lot of information.

If it went straight to voicemail first thing in the AM --- meaning it was already turned off --- then I think that means that LE won't be able to glean anything about her location after that time. Right?

No, IMO, it's not far-fetched -- that's what I've been thinking as well. A trucker could pull into a parking lot or on a roadside to get a nap or a snack, etc., and he noticed her jogging or entering the house. Then he gets into action. He possibly could have followed her and taken her as she was about to go into the house. A knife or gun, or a threat of one, would be all it might take to keep her quiet.
Where would the truck be while he is getting her? No one noticed a semi parked where one does not belong?

Not saying they didnt have a clue or reason to search the farm, i'm reasoning it wasnt the result of the fitbit. They identified the ping from the fitbit over the phone, why?

Please don't misunderstand me, I am not judging at all, I am sorry if it came off that way. I am just trying to establish a timeline in my own head and the dinner plays an important part of the timeline for me. Trying to decide if she was already gone when she missed dinner even though LE states she was up late doing homework.

My apologies! I do think this is important in the timeline and something I've wondered about as well. I was initially leaning toward the morning being the time of her disappearance but I'm beginning to think it happened late Wednesday evening. MOO

Thank you. That is much better than mine, lol. :p

I've always been one of those people who needs to see things on a map to figure out what makes sense. Assuming that she made it home from her run and did do homework, the running route is only relevant in terms of who she might have encountered. I don't like the possibility that she ran on the rural road back to the house-sit house, but there's no reason to assume that she took that route at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member