Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they lie about that? The owner of the farm told LE that 7 investigators searched his home and property. They took photos and kept his cell phone overnight to download the data.
I'll have to look for a link to it, but I'm sure LE said that they searched them because of something on SM. I know the person quoted was upset about the waste of resources and again asked that people stop spreading rumors on SM. MOO

Not saying they didnt have a clue or reason to search the farm, i'm reasoning it wasnt the result of the fitbit. They identified the ping from the fitbit over the phone, why?
Yeah. I have no idea what prompted the search. I was just disputing the “ruse” aspect.

Although extremely early to make any comparisons, this reminds me of the Jennifer Kesse case in Florida. Young female living alone, disappears at some unknown point (presumable at night, early morning), and there is no evidence inside the dwelling of a struggle. It is really frustrating and sad that there is such little evidence to work with.
I’m thinking Tara Grinstead- Robbery..

Not saying they didnt have a clue or reason to search the farm, i'm reasoning it wasnt the result of the fitbit. yThey identified the ping from the fitbit over the phone, why?

BBM.

I don't know for sure, but I wonder if it was just easier to get the information? For the phone GPS information, maybe they needed to wait for the phone company or someone else to cooperate. If her Fitbit tracked her running route and synced to her phone, it might just all be right there for their examination via the website/app it syncs to.

I don't have a Fitbit, but I do have a GPS running watch. As long as my phone is close by with Bluetooth on, it uploads to my GarminConnect dashboard, which I can view on my phone or via a website. I don't know what model Fitbit she had, though- they don't all have GPS tracking. Some do, though. If not, maybe she had a running app on her phone that served a similar purpose.

All just speculation.

BBM.

I don't know for sure, but I wonder if it was just easier to get the information? For the phone GPS information, maybe they needed to wait for the phone company or someone else to cooperate. If her Fitbit tracked her running route and synced to her phone, it might just all be right there for their examination via the website/app it syncs to.
RSBM. This is a really good thought! Definitely depends on the version of the Fitbit but makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the media were just using the term "ping" incorrectly and it was something like this.

This link seems to still have the bit about the general store: Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance a 'total shock,' Iowa residents say

Thank you. I thought I must be’losing it’. LOL. This article is interesting for what it says of the pig farm:
A pig farmer said seven FBI investigators arrived at his home last Friday and asked to search it without a warrant. They were there for nearly two hours, taking photos of the interior of the home and also searching his garage. He said investigators then asked to interview him off the property and kept his cell phone overnight to check his records. The farmer has not been charged with a crime and said he “has nothing to hide.”

Was it more the home than the area the pigs are kept that investigators were interested in? Very curious.

I'll have to look for a link to it, but I'm sure LE said that they searched them because of something on SM. I know the person quoted was upset about the waste of resources and again asked that people stop spreading rumors on SM. MOO

It's here: Mollie Tibbetts: 'We follow through on everything,' investigators say of search

"There was nothing of investigative value last night that was discovered with the search," Mortvedt said. The search was the subject of speculation Wednesday and Thursday on social media.

It's here: Mollie Tibbetts: 'We follow through on everything,' investigators say of search

"There was nothing of investigative value last night that was discovered with the search," Mortvedt said. The search was the subject of speculation Wednesday and Thursday on social media.
I don't interpret this quote as saying the search was the result of social media, but that the search itself was discussed extensively on social media as it happened and after it happened. JMO.

NG credibility since moving to Sirius XM is lacking. Please see boyfriend video interview at link below.

Out of the mouth of Dalton James (boyfriend)...

Jack said he opened a Snapchat around 10 p.m. Wednesday from Tibbetts, where she was back inside dog-sitting. (BBM)

When she didn't show up to her job on Thursday morning, he knew something was wrong.

"She hadn't called in,” said Jack. "I looked at my phone and noticed I texted her good morning that morning and she hadn't looked at it. So I got ahold of her friends and family."
Family, boyfriend of Mollie Tibbetts clear up misinformation surrounding case

If a statement is from a guest on the show, that really comes down to how well-informed the guest is, as opposed to NG's credibility?

The surname of the guest seems very close to that of one of the neighbors who was quoted as saying that LE told him MT did make it home after her run and probably went past his house on her way back. I'm curious if it's the same surname.

Delete. Duplicate post.

My heart goes out to MT’s BF in this interview. He “declined to talk about specifics of the case, citing officials' request”, and then he is quoted:
"I mean everybody has their own theories but I’m just kind of leaving it up to the law enforcement trying to figure that one out," he said. "I don’t want to go racking it through my brain thinking of what happened, what happened, what happened. Just driving myself insane.”

Very wise words. I wish we could will this case to be resolved.

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews
Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews

Regarding the possible farsightedness, is it possible to estimate from the magnification of MT's eyes in glasses what her reasonable range of vision might be without corrective lenses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro