Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM. This is a really good thought! Definitely depends on the version of the Fitbit but makes sense. I wouldn't be surprised if the media were just using the term "ping" incorrectly and it was something like this.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if they misused the term. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Fitbit didn't lead them there at all. Who knows at this point?

I also wonder if it's as simple as one of her friends or family members is connected on Fitbit or whatever fitness app with her and could just show them where her run was. I keep my running account private, but I do have a few close friends on there who can see where I've been. (I should specify- this is just for when I actually log a GPS-tracked run on my Garmin. My friends can't see where I am all day if I am just tracking general steps/activity).

I'm glad you mentioned video. The way this is worded sounds like they may have video of Mollie from Casey's General Store. What do you think?

Fox News independently confirmed on Wednesday that police have taken copies of all surveillance videos associated with Tibbetts disappearance from Casey’s General Store, just over a half mile from her boyfriend’s house.

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews
Where does it say that Casey’s surveillence vids have been seized?

I just had an epiphany of another possible scenario: It's been said that maybe Mollie was the target because someone knew she'd be there alone, BUT....what if the house was targeted for a robbery because someone thought that NO ONE would be there since all the residents were out of town? Intending to rob the place, perhaps they gained access through an open door or window. Then they discovered that someone (Mollie) was in the house and it caught them off guard. A confrontation ensued and they ended up doing something to Mollie so she couldn't identify them. Just trying to think outside the box...

This doesn't explain the dogs in the basement, or a lack of a struggle in the home.

Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me if they misused the term. It also wouldn't surprise me if the Fitbit didn't lead them there at all. Who knows at this point?

I also wonder if it's as simple as one of her friends or family members is connected on Fitbit or whatever fitness app with her and could just show them where her run was. I keep my running account private, but I do have a few close friends on there who can see where I've been. (I should specify- this is just for when I actually log a GPS-tracked run on my Garmin. My friends can't see where I am all day if I am just tracking general steps/activity).
Somewhat off topic, but I am always surprised at people who post full on maps of their runs publicly, especially when they run from home or close to home. TMI to be splashing out there!!!! At most I will post a photo of one spot on the route and the mileage on (my private, not public) Instagram, but I never ever post maps and routes.

I'm struggling with this as well.

I've never been in the camp that suggests Mollie took off of her own accord because she needed a break, was overwhelmed, feeling pressured etc. I don't believe suicide is on the table here at all.

I have to think that with the FBI involved and STILL involved heavily that there is way more evidence that we obviously do not know about which keeps the FBI involved. If they had any evidence to suggest that Mollie just walked away, they wouldn't be putting in the hours that they appear to be putting in. That's a lot of manpower dedicated to finding Mollie. There was never an alert saying "endangered" or "might harm herself". None of that.

Nope...I think they have a POI in their sights and are watching and building a case.

It's hard not knowing more details and receiving conflicting information. We're all over the place trying to make sense of something that doesn't make sense because we don't have the right information.

I haven't posted much but I've been following. I find this case extremely puzzling and frustrating not just because Mollie is missing but because we can't really do anything but sit and wait. Horribly frustrating.

My gut tells me that Mollie is no longer with us. I sincerely hope I'm wrong. I hope she was overwhelmed and took a break and will walk back into everyone's lives, but I don't think so. Stranger things have happened so I'm going to wait it out like everyone else here and hope beyond hope that we get her back safely.

MOO
I agree

By the way, Casey’s General Store and the hardware store that I referred to earlier are different places. The hardware store is a True Value. Casey’s, if you’re not familiar with it, is a regional chain of well stocked gas stations. This might be known to many, but I thought I read some confusion.

See ya'll on the "other side" after our break.
Mods enjoy. :)
Off to check in with over 100 truckers on the road in that region tonight.
@ they never really sleep...
Chi (I need to sleep but seldom do ;) )

So I'm a newbie and this is my first post. I've followed every thread and have enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and ideas. But what I really want to say is thank you to everyone for being considerate and "professional". I've had to leave two groups on FB due to the petty infighting and if someone does not agree with the few who rule they get attacked. It's nice to have a place where honest conversation can take place. Thanks again

Welcome to this thread and I am so glad you are here!

That bit about the pig farmer is interesting too, gives us a little more detail. Keeping his cell overnight is really interesting..I can't imagine they did that for everyone they interviewed.
They may have taken his phone because they didn’t interview him down at the police station. Other people who were interviewed at the station, may have had their phones downloaded while they were there, so authorities didn’t have to keep their phones overnight.

This doesn't explain the dogs in the basement, or a lack of a struggle in the home.

True, but if they pointed a gun at Mollie and told her to leave with them then there wouldn't necessarily be signs of a struggle. I realize that this scenario doesn't account for why the dogs were in the basement when they were known to sleep with Mollie. Could the burglars have put the dogs in the basement themselves? I just don't know what to think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member