Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't find a time listed for vandalized hardware store. The bar tender mentioned in the article that she reported it when she got off from work. Will see if the police log lists the vandalized hardware store and post back if I find anything.

True, but if they pointed a gun at Mollie and told her to leave with them then there wouldn't necessarily be signs of a struggle. I realize that this scenario doesn't account for why the dogs were in the basement when they were known to sleep with Mollie. Could the burglars have put the dogs in the basement themselves? I just don't know what to think!

A sophisticated abductor would tell Mollie to put the dogs in the basement so that they were no threat to the abductor.

I thought she may have walked back to her parents to get the car for work after doing homework

But she would have taken her wallet and glasses to drive home

She would have taken her wallet and glasses if she had planned on walking in the morning to the car and take it to work

What time would be a good estimate as to when she gets back to house after her run?

I couldn't find a time listed for vandalized hardware store. The bar tender mentioned in the article that she reported it when she got off from work. Will see if the police log lists the vandalized hardware store and post back if I find anything.

Edited to post correct pic had the wrong date originally

Attachments

• 38A3A475-0BB0-4F99-A503-5E578502C3E9.jpeg
    38A3A475-0BB0-4F99-A503-5E578502C3E9.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 13
My last recollection of "dog talk" was Mollie's Dad responding to interview question on FOX where he said the "dogs were perfect... located inside the house." Maybe I'm having a brain fade but was there confirmation the dogs were actually found in the basement versus upstairs after Mollie reported missing? TIA

I thought Mollie’s Dad did an excellent job of not answering that question directly. If you listen to his response closely, you’ll notice that he actually states that he was at the house (recently) and the dogs are fine -a very subtle redirect with his answer. I’m not able to find the video of the interview now as a source .... and will need to post it tomorrow after the maintenance on the site.

Are Casey's General Store and True Value 2 different stores? Or is it Casey's True Value?
If 2 different stores, then True Value got vandalized that night and LE is looking at video surveillance from Casey's right?
Two different places. Your second sentence is correct as far as I can tell at this point. Issue could be that we don't know how much CCTV Casey's had and whether LE took just specific dates/times or took everything Casey's had recorded. Good to see that at least there was some CCTV.

Are Casey's General Store and True Value 2 different stores? Or is it Casey's True Value?
If 2 different stores, then True Value got vandalized that night and LE is looking at video surveillance from Casey's right?
Two different stores. Yes, the True Value was vandalized and LE has Casey’s surveillance video.

A professional posted all about Mollie's eye Rx maybe 2 threads back.

The one two threads ago was based on nearsightedness, then Crystal said that after looking at MT in the glasses her eyes look more like she's wearing glasses for farsightedness, which would completely change her range of useful vision sans corrective lenses...

If so, was this where she went to buy dinner ?
Caseys - for those not familiar with it - is a very nice regional gas station / convenience store chain. They usually have pizza by the slice available in a warmer and it's just the sort of place you'd run grab a quick bite in a small town if you didn't want to cook for yourself. Noplace to sit - just grab 'n go.

I thought the article said she left work around midnight. MOO- article quoted previously.

I completely agree. It’s all emotion, little fact. I recall a local case where a pregnant woman was murdered and her baby stolen. Nancy did a whole segment pointing the finger at the victim’s boyfriend. I remember screaming at my tv that this is something another woman does, and not a boyfriend. And yes, it was a woman.

Yes, but sometimes the guests on there can have interesting things to say. Considering so many media sources have been terrible throughout Mollie's case I think maybe the interviews with actual people might be even more valuable due to the little errors creeping into the news articles...if you hear it coming out of someone's mouth at least you don't have to worry about whether the reporter has made a typo and you can focus instead on what the person has actually said.

Doesn't have to be a semi. Could be a cargo van. A pickup with a cover over the bed. Even a car.
Just saying.... jmo
Something I have considered is a delivery van of some type - UPS, Fedex, etc. If he saw her walking to the house with no vehicles there (or he was acquainted with someone who lives there and knew she was alone), he could have gone to the door just after she returned. Back to removing contacts to switch to glasses but hadn't put on the glasses yet. MOO

Yes, but sometimes the guests on there can have interesting things to say. Considering so many media sources have been terrible throughout Mollie's case I think maybe the interviews with actual people might be even more valuable due to the little errors creeping into the news articles...if you hear it coming out of someone's mouth at least you don't have to worry about whether the reporter has made a typo and you can focus instead on what the person has actually said.
I absolutely agree. I was just blasting her general coverage of stories.

I believe the sports top was the last things she was seen in. To my knowledge they still have not found the red shirt. They might both be important if found.
I highly doubt finding the red shirt will help at all. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member