Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay we're back up! Been listening to Gray's broadcasts and a few others and I think it would be a total shock at this point if MT was taken during her early evening jog. MT's cousin confirmed a number of things on Nancy Grace's podcast yesterday so unless she's completely wrong or lying - it's established that:

- MT went for a run in the early evening but made it back home (cousin said this and a neighbor LE interviewed told local news that LE confirmed to him that MT made it home after the run)
- MT texted with her mother and was going to come over for dinner but did not. Cousin said that wasn't unusual as she would at times say she'd come for dinner but then not
- Cousin also said that she was told MT was doing homework at house on evening of 07/18 and that from what she understood, the Snap to boyfriend was sent around 10 PM
- It was also mentioned elsewhere that she slept with the dogs and they would've been out of the basement if she was home

Assuming all of this is true, this puts MT at the home around 10 PM. Early in the morning before her 7:30 AM work shift there was the text about the car from her brother that went unanswered so the area of focus is from 10 PM to around 6:30 AM - a window of 8.5 hours. I am also assuming dogs were out of the basement around 10 PM since she was at house.

Fast forward to the next day and dogs are in the basement, MT is gone with her phone and Fitbit but not her contacts or glasses. The part that throws me is that her cell is or was presumably with her but glasses/contacts are not. It's highly doubtful to me that she'd go for a run again without one of those because per family members her eyesight was very poor and at this point it'd be dark. It's almost impossible to think she had planned on operating a motor vehicle at any point without them.

I wonder if LE is passing on different information to different people expecting it to be repeated. They can deny (or refuse to confirm) all of it so whoever their POI is has no more idea what's going on than we do. That way they can get the information out there for tips, but any suspect won't know if they actually have/believe what's been reported. :rolleyes: Not likely, but this case seems more confusing than most for some reason.
That's possible but IMO unlikely. If so, the scheme on the part of LE assumes the suspect is still in Brooklyn/local.
Who knoze?

I listened to the Nancy Grace segment that was posted here yesterday and here are a few take-aways:

Morgan Collum, Mollie’s cousin is a guest on the show. She learned that Mollie was missing on Thursday, July 19, when she was at a movie with her cousins Joe and Jake (Mollie's brother). She received a text asking if she had heard from Mollie and that she didn't show up for work.

MC says the red shirts were given out the day before and that they checked both houses for the shirt because Mollie kind of bounces back and forth between both houses. They also checked the car they (Mollie and her brother) shared.

She says that she and her family have rattled their brains trying to think of what the timeline could be, what could possibly have happened. “You know, for the longest time we had told ourselves, "Oh, that's out of the norm for Mollie, she wouldn't do anything like that and we had to stop thinking that way because you know, we just need to be open to different possibilities of what could have happened."

NG asks, “You mean she wouldn't just disappear on her own, is that what you're saying?”

MC: “Right, absolutely.”

Morgan says that Mollies typical run was about a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes and that she typically eats supper after she runs.

NG asks if there was any evidence that she had supper. MC said, “No, not that we're aware of.” She went on to say that Mollie had been in a texting conversation with her aunt (Mollie’s mom) and that Mollie shared that she planned to come over for supper, but Mollie's mom said that it wasn't out of the norm for her to say she was coming for supper and then not come over for supper.

MC says that during the movie, Jake kept getting phone calls - probably about 8 phone calls, and eventually stepped outside of the theater, where he was for the majority of the movie. MC decided to text Jake and ask if everything was okay, and when she opened her phone, she noticed she had numerous calls/texts from family members and she knew something wasn't right. By the time they got home, the cops had been called and were at the scene of where Mollie had gone missing.

NG asks if Mollie has ever gone missing before. MC says, “No, Mollie is a very social creature and she is constantly in communication with her friends or her family or her boyfriend, and someone always knows where she is.”

NG asks if the dogs were in the basement. MC says, “I was told that they were in the basement, yes.”

NG asks Leigh Egan who reported Mollie missing. LE says that Mollie's mother reported her missing right after her son told her that Mollie had missed work that day. She also says that authorities have said that Mollie logged onto her laptop late in the evening to work on a school project, but aren't giving a time because it's private to the investigation.

MC says that she thinks the snapchat was sent around 10PM and that Dalton opened it the next morning.

LE says that they (police and FBI) are trying to get GPS information off of Mollie’s Fitbit and they're also trying to figure out her heart rate at the time she goes missing and if there was any major activity at that time to show any distress.

MC says that Mollie had to take a foreign language and she chose sign language.

Yay we're back up! Been listening to Gray's broadcasts and a few others and I think it would be a total shock at this point if MT was taken during her early evening jog. MT's cousin confirmed a number of things on Nancy Grace's podcast yesterday so unless she's completely wrong or lying - it's established that:

- MT went for a run in the early evening but made it back home (cousin said this and a neighbor LE interviewed told local news that LE confirmed to him that MT made it home after the run)
- MT texted with her mother and was going to come over for dinner but did not. Cousin said that wasn't unusual as she would at times say she'd come for dinner but then not
- Cousin also said that she was told MT was doing homework at house on evening of 07/18 and that from what she understood, the Snap to boyfriend was sent around 10 PM
- It was also mentioned elsewhere that she slept with the dogs and they would've been out of the basement if she was home

Assuming all of this is true, this puts MT at the home around 10 PM. Early in the morning before her 7:30 AM work shift there was the text about the car from her brother that went unanswered so the area of focus is from 10 PM to around 6:30 AM - a window of 8.5 hours. I am also assuming dogs were out of the basement around 10 PM since she was at house.

Fast forward to the next day and dogs are in the basement, MT is gone with her phone and Fitbit but not her contacts or glasses. The part that throws me is that her cell is or was presumably with her but glasses/contacts are not. It's highly doubtful to me that she'd go for a run again without one of those because per family members her eyesight was very poor and at this point it'd be dark. It's almost impossible to think she had planned on operating a motor vehicle at any point without them.

About those dogs....it's my understanding the dogs were in the basement when people weren't home. So, either they were in the basement because Mollie put them there, or someone else who knew the dogs' routine put them there. I'm still leaning toward a known-person who got to Mollie. I'm thinking the person was in the house initially with Mollie's consent. Total hunch at this point, subject to change.

jmo

The part that throws me is that her cell is or was presumably with her but glasses/contacts are not.
RSBM. This makes me think that it was right after she woke up. Maybe she let the dogs out, brought them back and put them in the basement in a rush to get ready and knowing she would have to get moving quickly after she got ready (so before glasses/ contacts) and then had just started to get ready when whatever happened happened? I grab my phone before I leave any room, so that doesn't seem as odd to me. Or it could have been in a pocket.

I found this info on Brooklyn truckstops. Each one is "Open 24 hours."

In Brooklyn, IA
Lone Star Truck Stop
4173 IA-21
Brooklyn, IA View Map
319-685-4411 (primary)
In Brooklyn, IA

Pilot Travel Center #495
basic_plus_1432882248_Pilot-Travel-Center-Logo.gif

4126 Highway 21
Brooklyn, IA View Map
319-685-4221 (primary)
In Brooklyn, IA

TA Truck Stop #254
basic_plus_1426832768_TA-Truck-Stops-Logo.gif

4124 V18 Rd
Brooklyn, IA View Map
641-522-4569 (primary)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Truck Stops All Truck Stops in Brooklyn, IA | 24 Hour Find Truck Service ®
Shared again and covered thank you dear.

About those dogs....it's my understanding the dogs were in the basement when people weren't home. So, either they were in the basement because Mollie put them there, or someone else who knew the dogs' routine put them there. I'm still leaning toward a known-person who got to Mollie. I'm thinking the person was in the house initially with Mollie's consent. Total hunch at this point, subject to change.

jmo

That was my hunch since a few days ago as well. At the least someone she'd know well enough to not be alarmed if they came to the door. We don't have all the details on her phone/social media/etc. use on that night so no idea if she messaged anyone else after boyfriend 10 PM Snap but the house scene seems too tidy for a forced entrance and presumable ensuing struggle. I stand by that it may not be someone that WE know she knows, but someone she does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member