Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I understand why LE would release this information to a neighbor, but read a prepared statement and indicate they "are not releasing information about the case" during PC?

Does anyone else have an opinion?
Guessing early on in the investigation from a local deputy. First, they have no experience with this type of case. Second, in tiny towns everybody is intertwined in everybody elses life: school, kids, neighbors, scouts, 4-H, Lion’s Club, knitting club, homemakers association, card club, golf, church, cousins, etc. Aint no way local LE would keep this “close to the vest”. Guessing FBI doesn’t reveal much info to local LE either.

Isn't it 3 people that said they were told this information by LE? I wonder if it's an intentional leak.
I don't disagree about the intentional leak possibility. Its odd that LE says next to nothing but these reports pop up from either folks interviewed or family with information that appears impt. At this point I'm hesitant to believe much other than LE confirmed statements as this could all be one big headgame.

I found this info on Brooklyn truckstops. Each one is "Open 24 hours."

In Brooklyn, IA
Lone Star Truck Stop
4173 IA-21
Brooklyn, IA View Map
319-685-4411 (primary)
In Brooklyn, IA

Pilot Travel Center #495
basic_plus_1432882248_Pilot-Travel-Center-Logo.gif

4126 Highway 21
Brooklyn, IA View Map
319-685-4221 (primary)
In Brooklyn, IA

TA Truck Stop #254
basic_plus_1426832768_TA-Truck-Stops-Logo.gif

4124 V18 Rd
Brooklyn, IA View Map
641-522-4569 (primary)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Truck Stops All Truck Stops in Brooklyn, IA | 24 Hour Find Truck Service ®

For the record, none of those are actually in Brooklyn. One is three miles out of town, and two others are in a nearby town.

o/t: I grew up in an area that got Casey's TV commercials (like these), but didn't actually have a Casey's. They made it look like such a tasty pizza place. I kept asking my husband to take me when we were back in his hometown that had one, and he thought I was joking but he took me anyway. Turns out- just a gas station that happens to have some pizza. I was so disappointed and he was so confused.

Ha! People really do like their pizza. They deliver.

While looking for info about this case, I was poking around on MT's twitter feed <modsnipped sleuthing family social media not allowed>

But to be on topic, in a small town, Casey's might be the only thing open at night and their pizza would've been an alternative to the brat her mom had offered if she was like a typical college kid and just wanted to grab something and take it back home. It's unlikely a grocery store would be open at that time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mollie is all over the news! She's even featured on my Apple Top News feed. Even if the sighting turns out to not be Mollie it's generating awareness which is great!

Edited to add: looks like at least 30 articles in the past 12 hours per Google news search of Mollie's name with duplicates hidden.

Last edited:
Guessing early on in the investigation from a local deputy. First, they have no experience with this type of case. Second, in tiny towns everybody is intertwined in everybody elses life: school, kids, neighbors, scouts, 4-H, Lion’s Club, knitting club, homemakers association, card club, golf, church, cousins, etc. Aint no way local LE would keep this “close to the vest”. Guessing FBI doesn’t reveal much info to local LE either.
Just quoting myself bc deadline to edit has passed...
Want to clarify that I don’t believe local deputies would EVER intentionally undermine this case- which is likely tearing them apart. But in this type of community, it is inevitable that details would leak out. Whether by unintended comment, facial expression or sharing somthing in “confidence” that was repeated in “confidence” to someone else. Deputy tells wife who tells best friend who tells husband... etc. I’ve lived in rural Iowa & a tiny coastal town & locals admit its like “living in a fishbowl” with everyone seeing much of what you do daily. Higher level LE would have to keep local LE in the dark unless they wanted a specific detail to leak.

Family and Crimestoppers holding a PC today @ 11:00 in Brooklyn. Probably about the new reward.

Press conferences to be held regarding Mollie Tibbetts search

CrimeStoppers says the conference isn't related to any information about Mollie's disappearance but is more to do with a strategy to bring Mollie home.

TV9 will be live streaming the press conference on Facebook and kcrg.com.

Mollie Tibbetts’ family hopes money motivates Iowans to share information

Family members of Mollie Tibbetts told KCCI Wednesday that an initial donation of $30,000 was made toward a reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M5FL72