Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My apologies! I do think this is important in the timeline and something I've wondered about as well. I was initially leaning toward the morning being the time of her disappearance but I'm beginning to think it happened late Wednesday evening. MOO

Did LE say she was up “late”? I agree that this is super important. We don’t know when she sent the Snapchat. We don’t know what time she is on the computer or for how long. Also, sunset there would have been around 8:30-8:35. I can imagine her jogging, getting online for a few, heading out to get a brat and the car- provided that she had glasses or contacts so that she could see.

LE must have seen something interesting on the Casey's general store tapes to seize them..could be related to LE wanting to know who was in town that evening.
Not necessarily, but possibly. Even if they had reviewed some or all of the footage, that’s the type of thing they’re going to want to take a closer look at.

If a statement is from a guest on the show, that really comes down to how well-informed the guest is, as opposed to NG's credibility?

The surname of the guest seems very close to that of one of the neighbors who was quoted as saying that LE told him MT did make it home after her run and probably went past his house on her way back. I'm curious if it's the same surname.

Unless something changed with the new interface, there should be a Nancy Grace thread somewhere on this forum. It's not surprising that Nancy Grace wants to be the face of this missing person's case, but, as always, she doesn't come to the table with facts, she comes to the table with an attitude. I highly doubt that she can be relied on for any factual information.

Although extremely early to make any comparisons, this reminds me of the Jennifer Kesse case in Florida. Young female living alone, disappears at some unknown point (presumable at night, early morning), and there is no evidence inside the dwelling of a struggle. It is really frustrating and sad that there is such little evidence to work with.
Reminds me of Jennifer's case too. Not knowing if she disappeared at night or in the morning. Not knowing if or what she ate for dinner. Totally vanished without a trace. In Jennifer's case, it was stated that the battery was removed from her phone the last night she was home in her condo. Calls went straight to voicemail. Supposedly her cell pings showed movement away from her home. In Mollie's case, technology now is way more advanced than in 2006, and I feel that LE in her case has been very proactive. But, yes, there are some similarities. jmo

I just had an epiphany of another possible scenario: It's been said that maybe Mollie was the target because someone knew she'd be there alone, BUT....what if the house was targeted for a robbery because someone thought that NO ONE would be there since all the residents were out of town? Intending to rob the place, perhaps they gained access through an open door or window. Then they discovered that someone (Mollie) was in the house and it caught them off guard. A confrontation ensued and they ended up doing something to Mollie so she couldn't identify them. Just trying to think outside the box...

Where would the truck be while he is getting her? No one noticed a semi parked where one does not belong?
See from having slept overnight in many a truckstop (and not ashamed to admit it) I know personally that Semi's are not the only trucks on the road. There are couriers of all sorts. There are just plain, well lets call them, "travelers". There are the good, the bad and the "ugly" out there.
It's a valid thought. Truckers also often unhook the tractor from the trailer and go for an easier ride that way. There are "boobie bunggalos" aplenty across even the seemingly most chaste and sheltered parts of this country mainly near truckstops.
It brings a seedy element into the whole subculture.
And then there are what we refer to as "outlaw" truckers, many "plain white-wrappered". (ie not running for any actual company nor entity and usually not even running any kind of GPS and barely even bothering to keep an old-fashioned hand-written log book.) Running without following many or any rules and constantly dodging the scale houses on back roads that connect to where they are going.
No disrespect intended towards you or anyone. Nada.
But 99.9% of truckers IMHO are hard-working and law-abiding guys/gals.
They are the "Santa's helpers" come christmas time, but I digress.
Doesn't have to be a semi. Could be a cargo van. A pickup with a cover over the bed. Even a car.
Just saying.... jmo

This link seems to still have the bit about the general store: Mollie Tibbetts' disappearance a 'total shock,' Iowa residents say

Another interesting tidbit at your link:

A bartender in Brooklyn, Jamie Manatt, recalled how it was especially “quiet” the night Tibbetts was last seen. She said the FBI later came to her home and questioned whether there were any “unusual” people in the bar that night.

“Usually when people come from out of state, this is where they stop,” Manatt said. “But there were no out-of-town people here in this bar that night.”

Unless something changed with the new interface, there should be a Nancy Grace thread somewhere on this forum. It's not surprising that Nancy Grace wants to be the face of this missing person's case, but, as always, she doesn't come to the table with facts, she comes to the table with an attitude. I highly doubt that she can be relied on for any factual information.
I completely agree. It’s all emotion, little fact. I recall a local case where a pregnant woman was murdered and her baby stolen. Nancy did a whole segment pointing the finger at the victim’s boyfriend. I remember screaming at my tv that this is something another woman does, and not a boyfriend. And yes, it was a woman.

I had asked this one time before and not sure if there was ever anyone that knew the answer.

Was wondering if maybe Mollie went to the town library to do her studying. Maybe the dogs bothered her too much and she wanted peace and quiet. I know lots of college kids that loved the library to do studying and coursework. They favored the quiet atmosphere of it.
We even saw a twitter post she made when she was at the library back in 2017 so she may have liked them to study.

So the question is
Does that town have a library and would it have been open as late as 9:30pm or 10pm ?

Was wondering if maybe the perp saw her at the library and followed her when she left.

There is a library. It opens at 11 a.m. and closes at 6 p.m. during the week.

So I'm a newbie and this is my first post. I've followed every thread and have enjoyed reading everyone's thoughts and ideas. But what I really want to say is thank you to everyone for being considerate and "professional". I've had to leave two groups on FB due to the petty infighting and if someone does not agree with the few who rule they get attacked. It's nice to have a place where honest conversation can take place. Thanks again

Reminds me of Jennifer's case too. Not knowing if she disappeared at night or in the morning. Not knowing if or what she ate for dinner. Totally vanished without a trace. In Jennifer's case, it was stated that the battery was removed from her phone the last night she was home in her condo. Calls went straight to voicemail. Supposedly her cell pings showed movement away from her home. In Mollie's case, technology now is way more advanced than in 2006, and I feel that LE in her case has been very proactive. But, yes, there are some similarities. jmo
Lots of similarities to Danielle Stislicki, too. Missed dinner plans with a friend, reported missing the following day, phone and Dani vanished without a trace. Over a year and a half later and still no sign of her. Many of the same theories discussed here, too. At least part of my theory that LE knows and is just gathering evidence comes from wishful thinking and not wanting to see a similar outcome for Mollie over a year from now.

Did LE say she was up “late”? I agree that this is super important. We don’t know when she sent the Snapchat. We don’t know what time she is on the computer or for how long. Also, sunset there would have been around 8:30-8:35. I can imagine her jogging, getting online for a few, heading out to get a brat and the car- provided that she had glasses or contacts so that she could see.

LE knows how late. We don't. Tech of both her phone and fitbit are important here. I also have a feeling whomever took her is pretty tech savvy... JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member