Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is also plausible that someone watched her for a couple of days, learned her routine, and entered the home while she was jogging. In this case, it's also possible that an intruder remained silent until Mollie was ready for bed.
But if they stalked/tracked her, they would have to know her BF's routine as well.
Are fitbits waterproof? Would you shower with it on?
Yes, I have the fitbit alta 2 and I shower and swim in our pool with it on, many times.

There has been a lot of discussion on this. Overall, IMO, the consensus is not to judge without knowing their family dynamics. She texted to ask what's for dinner, mom said brats, she said OK and never showed up. It is debatable whether or not that constitutes confirming "plans". We also do not know if this was typical. Perhaps Mom makes dinner and kids show up later. Maybe even after she's asleep. Maybe it isn't formal dinner together. I find it impossible to know or judge without knowing their relationship dynamics. I am sure mom is looking back now and wishing she had followed up. But obviously at the time it wasn't concerning. I can't imagine her pain. JMO.

Please don't misunderstand me, I am not judging at all, I am sorry if it came off that way. I am just trying to establish a timeline in my own head and the dinner plays an important part of the timeline for me. Trying to decide if she was already gone when she missed dinner even though LE states she was up late doing homework.

Thank you so much! So mom and Mollie had plans for dinner, Mollie doesn't show up with no texts or reason why from Mollie and Mom isn't suspicious something is wrong until Thursday afternoon? That just doesn't seem right to me, unless Mollie frequently makes plans with people that she doesn't keep and nobody worries about it?

I'm one of those that don't interpret "ok" as being an "I'll be there." Like others have mentioned, I also believe it depends on the family dynamics.

I'm sure this is purely coincidental and far fetched, but it creeped me out when I just remembered it.

I was talking to some friends in Iowa City on July 13 about how one of their wives had a "home repair scam" attempted on them when they were home alone a few days before. Random guys show up earlyish morning with paperwork claiming they're there to fix the washing machine. She sent them away since it was an obvious scam, but considering the proximity in distance and time to Mollie's disappearance could something similar happened? These scams are somewhat well known and it's usually just to scam people out of money, but just brainstorming here.

It would explain things like having the dogs put away, why she might have not had her contacts in but had her phone on her (getting ready), and why the red shirt might be missing. It'd have to be pretty early in the morning but still possible.

It sounds as if Mollie never made it to dinner though.
I posted yesterday about whether or not Mollie made it over to Mom's for a brat, and concluded that it's very possible that she did when nobody was home. It appears to be an adult household with Mom and brothers, and Mom could have cooked brats and left to do other errands ,and brothers also gone. Brats aren't exactly a formal dinner, and could have been a grab and go meal for Mollie. So many questions, so few answers....

Last edited:
Sometimes luck solves cases too

This is a strange footprint. Wonder where this library was ? Wonder if there were actually any missing 10 year old girls in the area of this library ? Strange.
I wondered that as well. Quite often serial killers/abducters will approach their victim early on. Not to say this is the case but ive seen this happen many times in abductions. The victim didnt know them petsonally but had met them briefly. Meanwhile they had been being stalked.

I'm glad you mentioned video. The way this is worded sounds like they may have video of Mollie from Casey's General Store. What do you think?

Fox News independently confirmed on Wednesday that police have taken copies of all surveillance videos associated with Tibbetts disappearance from Casey’s General Store, just over a half mile from her boyfriend’s house.

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews

Thanks everyone for the discussions on possible video footage.

That is a good sign that they may have her on video then. In other cases they seem to be able to make an arrest quickly if they get good video. Not sure why that is not panning out in this case.

LE is not telling us anything so we have no way to know if they are following up on any video leads.

I agree that Caseys store may have been where she went to grab a bite to eat or something. They seem interested in that video footage.

I posted yesterday about whether or not Mollie made it over for to Mom's for a brat, and concluded that it's very possible that she did when nobody was home. It appears to be an adult household with Mom and brothers, and Mom could have cooked brats and left to do other errands. Brats aren't exactly a formal dinner, and could have been a grab and go meal for Mollie. So many questions, so few answers....

News articles I read hinted strongly that she never made it over for dinner.... either is possible of course, but I'm going to conclude she never made it.

To me this boils down to the cell phone and the fitbit. LE has to know the last know location of each. If she were on her way to her moms in the evening or morning they would have data because they both, or at least her phone, would have been on her person pinging cell phones. The fact that they are both missing means she had them with her whenever she disappeared-would a perpetrator take them on purpose? And if she were abducted, no matter when or where, they would still be transmitting data unless that was the first thing the perp did after an abduction, turn off both or dispose of both. BUT, the cell phone went straight to voicemail. AND, while possible the cell phone was out of battery I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the cell phone would happen to go dead at the precise time she went missing. Coincidence? Don't think so. I think LE is holding back a lot of information.

I'm glad you mentioned video. The way this is worded sounds like they may have video of Mollie from Casey's General Store. What do you think?

Fox News independently confirmed on Wednesday that police have taken copies of all surveillance videos associated with Tibbetts disappearance from Casey’s General Store, just over a half mile from her boyfriend’s house.

Mollie Tibbetts' boyfriend, brothers, father urge witnesses to 'come forward' in exclusive interviews

Red dots are places where Mollie was seen running. Arrows are direction she was heading, question mark is where it's unknown which direction she was heading. Blue line is route towards her mom's house.

Attachments

• Mollie 8.jpg
    Mollie 8.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 70
Tokyo - Her not making it to dinner at the mom's had more significance when we didn't know about her being on her computer late that night. If she was on her computer late that night, there is nothing suspicious about her missing dinner, i.e., she didn't miss dinner because she had been abducted. IMO, too much has been made of the missed dinner anyways; she only said "OK" --- which isn't a confirmation that she was coming over --- and the fact that the mom wasn't worried when she never showed up means that there was always some expectation that Mollie was going to stay put and eat dinner at the BF's (dog-sitting) house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme