Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

It's still interesting to me if he got on a plane that quickly that he was there on the 20th. I know it's alarming to hear your daughter didn't show up to work, but I don't think my parents would immediately hop on a cross country flight unless they had another reason to be very concerned to hear that news. Getting from the Bay Area to Brooklyn, IA, isn't really an easy trip, either. You probably need to connect, and/or then rent a car/get a ride to Brooklyn.

Given that she talked to her dad so much, and that he came right away, and that he keeps saying stuff about who was in town or coming forward with clues, I'm hoping he has more information than is able to be shared right now. Or, maybe he's just a very concerned father who hopped on a plane immediately after hearing that. Again, we know very little about how their family operated, but she did seem quite close with her father.

It is only a 3.5 hours nonstop or 5-6 hours with a stop from San Fran to Des Moines by plane. Plenty of flights to choose from at all different hours. 1 hour to Brooklyn from Des Moines by car. If he knew to get a flight on that Weds. night, he could have taken a red eye or been on a flight first thing Thursday morning. Both are available options.

Took a brief time out from this after watching the PC yesterday twice. I honestly wasn't expecting the release of new information in the PC so was not surprised in the least on that front (PC IMO was totally consisent with LE strategy to date). What did shock me though was to see such experienced agents (60+ years of collective LE experience from 3 speakers) from various agencies go up to the podium and READ THEIR STATEMENTS. Body language of a couple of the speakers looked less than relaxed too which I found odd as these are career professional LE folks. The messages to the public yesterday were so tightly crafted that they didn't want any of the speakers off message or falling off the rails. I don't want to overthink too much about the PC but everything was so vague on even public details of the case that it was as if they just want to buy some time for some unknown reason. The hammering home of the resources that have been deployed in the search seemed like the might have been a message BOTH to the public AND any POI.

At this point based on public information and PC, I'm not sure many conclusions can be drawn other than the 18th is the critical date vs 19th according to LE (family comments made in MSM seem to confirm this as well). But, I am also not sure whether this focus on the 18th is 'real' or a 'red herring' based on any potential POI they could be tracking. LE clearly has a working timeline and clear cut strategy, so I hope and pray that it is sufficient to bring MT home!

The other thing that gave me pause was LE inability to coherently answer the basic question regarding public safety. It seemed strange that the speakers read from statements but then hadn't seemingly taken enough time to game plan possible/probable audience questions? This inconsisentency in what I thought was preparation totally baffled me until I wondered whether a) LE sadly doesn't have an answer to the question at this point about public safety or b) they hadn't expected such a basic question and were unprepared or c) the seemingly bumbling answer was as carefully scripted as the reading of the statements or possibly another message to a potential POI?

I continue to scratch my head at this point in the case but have to wonder whether MT did leave home voluntarily with someone she knew/trusted or met online and things went south? The entire 'getting to know Mollie' line of statements in the PC had me wondering greatly too? The last time I can recall LE strategy along the lines that I saw yesterday in PC was for a kidnapping where they were in contact with kidnapper and negotiating which I hope and pray is not what is going on here. Will tune into the next PC and continue to follow the case.

Is anyone else baffled by comments of family, BF family and witnesses made to MSM? I realize LE cannot muzzle everyone that has touched this case but what appear to be key facts are being released by family etc. and not LE. I wonder at what point there might be a parting of the ways between the family and LE? Given the time that has passed with no results I wonder if we might be close to a breakup, especially if the family has hired a PI. The BF family statement to the press about scrutiny also seemed odd yesteray/day before but could have been the result of what must be huge stress from the case on the family, especially given the wedding timing.

Still have more questions than answers. I hope that Mollie follows what her father said and does in fact, 'Come Home'!
The real question is are the statements coming from the family their own or an le source. The neighbor was also telling stuff to the media that he heard from the le.

So I am still as confused as ever about when she may have disappeared.
Did she require her glasses for work?

I am curious as to what investigators found in the house.
Remnants of dinner/ breakfast dishes.
Damp towels
Things that would say that she arrived home from a run and possibly left again

Hoping this is the thread where we find her.

The biggest thing that confuses me about this case is there is not any solid evidence that she was taken against her will. At least not that we are aware of anyway.

Nothing. No sign of a stuggle. No torn clothing. No blood. No broken items. No frantic 911 call. No witness saying they saw her being taken. Nothing we are aware of that indicates she was taken against her will.

Its like she just disappeared. Hoping LE has a solid indication of what happened and maybe its just the public that is left in the dark.

Hoping this is the thread that answers are found out.
I don’t find this confusing at all. I’ve said all along that Mollie’s disappearance was volentary because that’s what the evidence says.

I'm with you on this. Very frustrating to try to keep up on a fast-moving thread when the same articles are posted over and over and over. It's all in the media thread, folks. All you have to do is look there before posting, "I don't know if this has been posted.,." But whatever... :rolleyes:

ETA: IA - MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - Molly Tibbetts,20, Poweshiek County

It’s more frustrating to see the thread clogged with non-mods acting as mods IMO. Harmony 2 is doing a great job. No need to clog the already jammed thread with posts doing Harmony’s job for him/her. Scrolling and reporting seems to be the way to go.

Thanks.

It's still interesting to me if he got on a plane that quickly that he was there on the 20th. I know it's alarming to hear your daughter didn't show up to work, but I don't think my parents would immediately hop on a cross country flight unless they had another reason to be very concerned to hear that news. Getting from the Bay Area to Brooklyn, IA, isn't really an easy trip, either. You probably need to connect, and/or then rent a car/get a ride to Brooklyn.

Given that she talked to her dad so much, and that he came right away, and that he keeps saying stuff about who was in town or coming forward with clues, I'm hoping he has more information than is able to be shared right now. Or, maybe he's just a very concerned father who hopped on a plane immediately after hearing that. Again, we know very little about how their family operated, but she did seem quite close with her father.
I think it’s more an indication that proves Mollie was taken. He knows his daughter so well that the moment he heard she was missing he knew he had to get on a plane. He is close to his daughter and knows she would never ever just walk away and leave him to suffer and wonder like that. It would be incongruent with her values and who she was/is as his daughter. I think it is indicative of his love for her. It’s his child. Moo

I don't think it's odd that they are not finding clues, serial killers improve with practice.
MOO

Serial Killers usually get more sloppy as time goes on and they gain confidence. I believe they have plenty of clues, they just arent sharing them.

I'm guessing they don't know who it is? Or maybe LE does and they are just trying to build a case. There would have to be some kind of record of communication from the phone company.

They have an idea IMO, they are trying to protect their investigation.

The real question is are the statements coming from the family their own or an le source. The neighbor was also telling stuff to the media that he heard from the le.

This neighbor or another one?

Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening. Investigators still baffled by disappearance of Iowa student

This is the only statement I've seen from him so far. ?

I meant more the times when the same article gets posted multiple times in succession, just the same link again and again. But ok, if others like that then I’ll just scroll on by.

I was googling for information when Mica posted the same article I posted and didn't see hers. sorry for the duplicate.. I am sure that is occurring with others who join in the discussion a few pages after a link has been already been provided. We have seen many new members popping in at the middle of threads so I don't see the harm in duplicating links. I agree those who have seen it can scroll on by.

Edited to add:i tried to quote above where someone mentioned what her Mom said, but it wont let me so heres my response... interesting! So was her Mom the one who was saying she thought she went missing the 18th, or was that her bf? If her Mom thought her phone dying was really bad and she went missing the night off, I wonder why she thought that? Also, i guess i answered my question above with why media originally was posting she went missing on a run....investigators hadnt gotten into computer yet and dogs were downstairs. I also am wonderingnwhat all the red shirt being missing business is? Didnt media not mention that at first?

Took a brief time out from this after watching the PC yesterday twice. I honestly wasn't expecting the release of new information in the PC so was not surprised in the least on that front (PC IMO was totally consisent with LE strategy to date). What did shock me though was to see such experienced agents (60+ years of collective LE experience from 3 speakers) from various agencies go up to the podium and READ THEIR STATEMENTS. Body language of a couple of the speakers looked less than relaxed too which I found odd as these are career professional LE folks. The messages to the public yesterday were so tightly crafted that they didn't want any of the speakers off message or falling off the rails. I don't want to overthink too much about the PC but everything was so vague on even public details of the case that it was as if they just want to buy some time for some unknown reason. The hammering home of the resources that have been deployed in the search seemed like the might have been a message BOTH to the public AND any POI.

At this point based on public information and PC, I'm not sure many conclusions can be drawn other than the 18th is the critical date vs 19th according to LE (family comments made in MSM seem to confirm this as well). But, I am also not sure whether this focus on the 18th is 'real' or a 'red herring' based on any potential POI they could be tracking. LE clearly has a working timeline and clear cut strategy, so I hope and pray that it is sufficient to bring MT home!

The other thing that gave me pause was LE inability to coherently answer the basic question regarding public safety. It seemed strange that the speakers read from statements but then hadn't seemingly taken enough time to game plan possible/probable audience questions? This inconsisentency in what I thought was preparation totally baffled me until I wondered whether a) LE sadly doesn't have an answer to the question at this point about public safety or b) they hadn't expected such a basic question and were unprepared or c) the seemingly bumbling answer was as carefully scripted as the reading of the statements or possibly another message to a potential POI?

I continue to scratch my head at this point in the case but have to wonder whether MT did leave home voluntarily with someone she knew/trusted or met online and things went south? The entire 'getting to know Mollie' line of statements in the PC had me wondering greatly too!? The last time I can recall LE strategy along the lines that I saw yesterday in PC was for a kidnapping where they were in contact with kidnapper and negotiating which I hope and pray is not what is going on here. Will tune into the next PC and continue to follow the case.

Is anyone else baffled by comments of family, BF family and witnesses made to MSM? I realize LE cannot muzzle everyone that has touched this case but what appear to be key facts are being released by family etc. and not LE. I wonder at what point there might be a parting of the ways between the family and LE? Given the time that has passed with no results I wonder if we might be close to a breakup, especially if the family has hired a PI. The BF family statement to the press about scrutiny also seemed odd yesteray/day before but could have been the result of what must be huge stress from the case on the family, especially given the wedding timing.

Still have more questions than answers. I hope that Mollie follows what her father said and does in fact, 'Come Home'!

ALL OF THIS!!! I felt the exact way about the LE and their body language. It seems that they are extremely unsettled. Did not give me the impression that she is missing voluntarily AT ALL. As far as the question about public safety... I wondered if they just hoped that wouldn’t get asked that? It felt to me like they don’t 100% know for sure that the public is safe, and don’t want to say that and be blamed if something else would happen. Although I think they feel like the public is probably safe, just don’t want to be quoted saying it if something else were to happen. The scripted-ness and no new information was very strange. It does feel like they are trying to get someone specific to hear it. Idk. Just really made me uncomfortable for them and gave me a bad feeling.

All IMOO

This is brutal. And too true. We see it time and time again.

I watched the story unfold from the beginning. When families and friends organize like Mollie's did, cases get coverage. They were absolutely unrelenting in pushing the story on SM to high profile accounts with tons of followers to get them to re-tweet or post on FB. It works.

Why are the DCI and FBI still there investigating if it is a voluntary disappearance? If that's what they thought it was then they'd already be gone. It's not a crime for an adult woman to skip town without telling her family.

I don’t find this confusing at all. I’ve said all along that Mollie’s disappearance was volentary because that’s what the evidence says.
If it's completely voluntarily and evidence shows it is, there wouldn't be an investigation. Adults are free to "disappear" if they want to. It's not illegal to leave.

jmo

So I am still as confused as ever about when she may have disappeared.
Did she require her glasses for work?

I am curious as to what investigators found in the house.
Remnants of dinner/ breakfast dishes.
Damp towels
Things that would say that she arrived home from a run and possibly left again

All things we don't know. We don't know if her eyesight was bad enough that she would have needed to wear contacts even to jog. I think it was alluded to that it was, but there have been some conflicting information on this.
We don't know all that was left. We only know that her wallet, glasses, and contacts were still there. One question I asked early on was - if they knew the outfit that she was wearing when jogging, was that outfit accounted for? Others have said, and I agree, she most likely would have taken that outfit off after returning. But the only thing released is "she was last seen wearing...". If LE has accounted for that outfit in the house, then that would seem to be a bit misleading. Maybe if it was a short jog, she wouldn't have taken them off immediately, especially if she was planning on turning around and walking to her mom's house.
There is always the possibility that she cleaned and washed up dishes and such after eating, and there is the possibility that any towels would have been dry by the time LE got there, since the weather was pretty hot. Still, I think there would be sufficient evidence in the house to indicate such things, and perhaps LE knows this and used it to build their timeline, but just aren't releasing such details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missing-CC