Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This neighbor or another one?

Neighbor Dave Collum, a retired maintenance director for the school district, said he was interviewed by investigators who told him that data from Tibbetts' Fitbit showed she jogged past his home that evening and made it home from the run safely. He said investigators told him she was doing homework on her computer later that evening. Investigators still baffled by disappearance of Iowa student

This is the only statement I've seen from him so far. ?
He further said that le told him that molly's fitbit said she ran past his house. He said le told him that

Mother Of Missing Iowa Woman Speaks Out

"To the best of my knowledge, I believe she did make it home from the run and was in Dalton's home."

The family says evidence shows Tibbetts was doing homework on her computer after her jog that night. Authorities won't confirm or deny that -- saying they don't want to reveal too much.

"The first night she went missing I was distraught. I knew her phone was dead, but I sent her a text saying i love you, we're looking for you, we will find you no matter what," Calderwood said.
I’m surprised the family is saying things like this when the authorities won’t confirm one way or another. I would think they would be on the same page when it comes to divulging information.

He further said that le told him that molly's fitbit said she ran past his house. He said le told him that

Yes, that is there in that quote. I was just wondering if you had seen him make some other statement or if you were referring to another neighbor's statements that I may have missed.

The conversation about the red shirt started early on and was still being reported five days ago

The athletic jogger, who ran on the cross-country team in high school, was reported missing by Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office on Friday. They reported the young brunette woman as last seen the day before "possibly wearing denim shorts and a red T-shirt," according to a release.
Aunt of missing 20-year-old Iowa university student: “We want our Mollie back”

Authorities said Tibbetts may have been wearing denim shorts and a red T-shirt when she disappeared. Anyone with information has been asked to call police.
Fitbit may be key to finding Iowa student who went for a jog last week and hasn’t been seen since

I guess, like everything else, we don't know if it is bad reporting or not

This is in response to Seekingtruth 08, I am having a hard time quoting and staying in the forum

Both reports seem unsure.. possibly, may have been

I know statistically it’s not as likely, but has anyone considered that a female could be the cause of this? Most theories I’ve read suggest male, but I wonder if she had any issues with females in her life.

That doesn't seem odd to me. He knew no one had been in contact with her since 7:30 pm on the 18th. He knew the SC message came in at 10pm but not when it was sent. There has probably never been a time in her entire life where no one knew where she was for 24+hours. By The 20th it was a minimum of 36 hours. That would freak me out.
It's not just that her phone was off, texts weren't answered. She wasn't where she was supposed to be, wasn't at Dalton's, wasn't at her mom's. Huge amount of red flags by 5pm the 19th when they contacted police.

Yes, I'm sure you're right. The simplest, most straight forward explanation is frequently the right one. Any parent would be panicking and would fly back right away. I'm glad that he has a job that allowed him to do so and the financial resources to do so.

I just can't shake the feeling that her dad knows something, so I was starting to consider his role in this (again, not from a suspicion standpoint). Thus, I was just speculating as to when/why he flew back. His comments to the media don't seem generic or random to me the way the other family members' comments do. The mom and brothers are saying things like she loved everyone and giving up is not an option, while his comments are I talked to her on the phone for 3 hours, if you saw a neighbor come home late who doesn't usually come home late- tell someone, if you're suspicious about a relative show the courage and call, etc. Those just feel to me like he knows something (or, at least thinks he knows something) that could be a factor in this situation. I was mostly wondering if that sense that he knew something was off really motivated him to jump on a plane faster than he might otherwise have. Again, I'm sure you're right that there were a lot of actual warning signs that motivated him.

Then again, who knows what my dad would say if I ever went missing. He'd probably tell some story of how I feel off a bike when I was 5 and everyone on here would be over analyzing that.

The conversation about the red shirt started early on and was still being reported five days ago

The athletic jogger, who ran on the cross-country team in high school, was reported missing by Poweshiek County Sheriff’s Office on Friday. They reported the young brunette woman as last seen the day before "possibly wearing denim shorts and a red T-shirt," according to a release.
Aunt of missing 20-year-old Iowa university student: “We want our Mollie back”

Authorities said Tibbetts may have been wearing denim shorts and a red T-shirt when she disappeared. Anyone with information has been asked to call police.
Fitbit may be key to finding Iowa student who went for a jog last week and hasn’t been seen since

I guess, like everything else, we don't know if it is bad reporting or not

This is in response to Seekingtruth 08, I am having a hard time quoting and staying in the forum

Both reports seem unsure.. possibly, may have been

The shirt is still confusing me. I’ve seen people saying the red shirt is accounted for, others saying it’s still missing. News articles seem to indicate its missing, but it’s all very odd to me. Do they have the shirt or not? I feel that’s a detail that LE should confirm, as it wouldn’t necessarily hurt Mollie if that got out, and would help others to remember possible sightings.

The real question is are the statements coming from the family their own or an le source. The neighbor was also telling stuff to the media that he heard from the le.
Agree completely. State/Federal LE seems to be in control and family presently is staying in line. Question how long this will last though with no apparent results.

For those who wear contacts, do you also have a pair of glasses? If so, when do you prefer contacts and when do you prefer to wear your glasses?

My contacts go in first thing in the morning, and come out at night right before bed or right before I know I will be doing nothing other than sitting on the couch. My typical day is contacts in around 6am before I take the dog out, and out around 10pm right before I brush my teeth and go to sleep.

I do have a pair of glasses that I put on only to go from the bathroom to bed, and occasionally if I am not feeling that well or on a long flight (or, things of that nature).

The contacts and glasses being left there are signs to me that she made it back from her run. I don't have *awful* vision, just -2.5, but I would never go on a run without contacts in or glasses on.

I don't do anything without contacts in during the day. If someone came to the door or something a little out of the ordinary woke me up, I'd definitely grab my glasses (unless they fell or I left them way out of the way for some reason).

yes.. it gave me chills too but I think its false info.
Sorry I followed your comment thread but don't understand what you mean by JS? I'm new so I AIA if this is simply newbie error.

I am surprised they stated there would be another presser Friday. I wonder if they plan to release something/anything? Otherwise it will only serve to keep Mollies name out there. Again.

Can we not quote what js said on youtube? He mustve deleted his comment i dont see it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChriNBelusk0