Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
His Facebook is still up and there is a pic of a baby. I assume this is where people are getting the “ex girlfriend’s” name. But when I clicked on the name shared with the baby pic he is tagged in - she is friends with Mollie. That doesn’t mean she knew her. But could have liked her fb after she went missing. But it is there. Makes you wonder if he did know her and had met her. Or if he knew people friends with her. And make sure you do the spelling off the arrest warrant it is spelled Christhian Bahena Rivera. Shows his hometown in Mexico. Don’t want to post pics that aren’t confirmed since there is a child and another female involved. But it’s still there on Facebook for the moment.
SABBM

Some good sleuthing going on.
Thx for the post, Thebigh ; I'd wondered if there was a connection , even if it was on the periphery of Mollie's acquaintances.

In my childhood in small-town Ky. in the early 60s, at age 12-13, my friends and I would leave early on a Saturday morning, ride bikes out of town, play in ponds or dam up a small creek, skip rocks, fish, climb trees, throw hedge apples, shoot sling shots, no cell phones, no real plans left with my parents, and we would come in dead tired in time for supper. Shame those days are gone forever. Today, you have to know where your children are all the time. Not safe anymore. Anywhere.

This case makes me want to lock my 16-yo daughter up and never let her walk alone or go anywhere by herself ever again.

I realize it's actually quite rare for a person to be snatched off the street but being a WSer where we see this stuff more often than probably the average person, it makes me paranoid and trusting of NO ONE.

I retired after 30 years in 911 public safety and have three daughters, the oldest of which is exactly Mollie's age. I couldn't agree more.

LE said they had been looking at it for a couple of weeks. I'm sure there were other videos they were looking at so it could have been turned over right away but they didn't get to it right away.
Thanks Rocco,
That would be sad.

Culture and upbringing matter more than anything.
Do you have a link or reference to research on this?
Here's a link to and excerpt from an article on psychopathy and criminal behavior. It doesn't mention culture or upbringing
Understanding Psychopathic Criminals

Psychopathy is highly correlated with criminal behavior and violence. In Psychopathy: An Important Forensic Concept for the 21st Century, the powerful connection between psychopathy and crime was well articulated Dr. Paul Babiak and his colleagues. The seminal 2012 FBI report states that 15-20 percent of the two million+ prisoners in the U.S., which are 90 percent male, are psychopaths (1).

This is not surprising. Egocentrism and the need for power and control of a psychopath are the perfect character traits for a lifetime of antisocial, deviant or criminal activity. However, the relative ease with which a psychopath can participate effectively in crime and violence is very significant for the public and the criminal justice system.

Psychopaths are unabashed in their actions against others, whether it is defrauding someone of their life savings, manipulating law enforcement personnel during an interrogation or blaming their victims for their crimes. This is particularly true in cases involving psychopathic killers. When psychopaths commit a homicide, their killings likely will be planned and purposeful—that is, organized, and not committed in the heat of passion.

The motive of a psychopathic killer will often involve either power and control or sadistic gratification. When faced with overwhelming evidence of their guilt, a psychopathic serial killer such as John Wayne Gacy (the “Killer Clown”) will often claim they lost control or were in a fit of rage when committing the act of murder. In reality, however, their killings are stone-cold, calculated, and completely premeditated.

I just wish she had had them with her on her run :( I know some dogs do not run well on lead and can be a bit of a hinderance. Still, I hope women think about this in the future. Not victim bashing but sometimes it is best to be safer then try to maintain a certain time. She was no longer on a team so basically running for health reasons. Only one dog might have been a deterrent for some guys. I know this is something we should not even have to contemplate doing, but that is how life has become for women these days. Pathetic isn't it.

Yep. I was a single, mid-2o's female living alone during the days of Derrick Todd Lee in Baton Rouge, LA... I also lived in close proximity to three of his victims. I got a Doberman and brought him everywhere. People used to cross the street to avoid walking past me. Dogs can be a very effective deterrent.

Does he live alone? I ask that because to the best of my knowledge, you now have to show ID to get utility services. I have to give Comcast my SSN to get broadband service. About the only thing you don't need ID for is a burner phone.
Who did he work for ? Farm ? Construction ? I want to see the MSM cover that business or individual .

And how fascinating that he blacked out and doesn't remember how she became dead, but "from memory" could lead police to where he left her body.

I could be wrong but I thought I heard discussion on HLN after the presser and he said he looked at his phone history to see where he had been. Then led LE there. Did anyone else hear that?

I understand your point. My issue with this is that it is a common tactic, that allows the perpetrator to distance himself from the crime and limit his culpability. It has been used so many times that it is ubiquitous at this pont. It goes hand in hand with victim blaming, which I see at the same frequency as these alleged blackouts. Even if it is scientifically proven to be common, I find it completely unbelievable that it occurs at the frequency it does in violent crime.
It does get used a lot and even entertaining the idea is disgusting. I just had to say something because people are acting like he can get an insanity plea it’s not like that. His black out had to do with rage it does not mean it didn’t happen but it’s not a black out from a neurological condition he was born with.

This is exactly a point I made many many threads back....the experiment I had my over confident daughter perform with her then scrawny boyfriend. She thought she could keep him away and prevent her from grabbing her. He not only grabbed her he also prevented her from running. Women need to be realistic and not think of themselves as superwomen. There ARE differences in our anatomy that make men stronger than women in most instances.
My self-defense class taught me it's not about strength. It's about certain moves to make when you're cornered or grabbed. Moves men aren't anticipating. They drilled that into us, the moves, the confidence, the red flags, etc.

Don't you have to automatically serve your sentence where you committed your crime? Think of Amanda Knox in Italy.
It depends from country to country, and different international rules. There were a murder three years ago here in Sweden, a 17-year old girl disappeared and was found murdered after five days, by a man from Lithuania who was working here during the summer. The man was convicted here to lifetime in prison. He was moved to a prison in Lithuania after that the juridical system there had confirmed the lifetime sentence. Both Sweden and Lithuania are members of the European Union, which makes it easier to move a prisoner from one country to another, especially if the country where the prisoner moves to agrees to not lessen the sentence.

In the case of Amanda Knox, perhaps the Italians feared she would be let go free as soon as she was back in the U.S.

He got out of his car and ran beside her at which point she told him to leave her alone ( he had been following her close, with his car) She told him again to leave her alone or she was calling the Police, then she got her phone out and at that point he took her, but he claims to have "blacked out" at that point...
He was not going to accept no for an answer. Mollie was going to be killed either way.

They got him on video that was turned over to LE. They were able to get his license plate number. Picked him up to talk to him yesterday and he showed them right where she was. In a nutshell.

I'm wondering how they were able to *track* him following MT. Were there surveillance cameras installed at various locations along MT's jogging route?

D&M Car Wash has cameras, we know. An private individual also offered up video. Was that enough? Seems so.

Sorry if this has been covered as I took a break for the shannan thread.
Whose surveillance cam was used to see the car going back and forth and why did it take so long for someone to hand it over? And why did it take so long to go over it and find the footage from that day? I could see that happening in a giant town but such a small town I would think they would have known who had cams and who didn’t within days of her missing.

He had already killed her. She was dead by 8 pm the evening of July 18, 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory