Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It just makes me sick to think of her last moments, absolutely terrified. I wonder if she was planning on running that way the whole time or if she just kept running when he started following her (I also need to look at a map to see exactly where this is).

Thank god for the neighbor's surveillance cam or I fear this case may have gone cold (or maybe no info until harvest season when she was found, and who knows if any evidence of this man would have been on her).

Rest in peace, Mollie.

I thought this was a victim friendly site. The Tibbett family and the community lost an angel at the hands of an Illegal person, a criminal-thats a crime!
Since when does WS protect and candy coat the criminal and their crime? It is relevant.
Man, it is what it is!
JMO

Because of the nature of the topic-- people start posting recklessly... But I understand what you're saying.
<modsnipped political comment>
And if this perp hadn't been here (or if he hadn't been hired by that farm) , Mollie would be alive.
That is something to think about.There is no 'candy coating' that. So sad and senseless.

Last edited by a moderator:
please do not misunderstand- i am not blaming mollie in any way shape or form. there is one person responsible and one person only and that person is in custody. but oh how i wish mollie would've taken the dogs with her on the run that night. perhaps there would have been a different outcome...:(

LE said at the PC she had been running for years and had never had a problem. She had no reason to think there would be a problem on that night. Taking dogs on a run with you can be a real PITA.

In my childhood in small-town Ky. in the early 60s, at age 12-13, my friends and I would leave early on a Saturday morning, ride bikes out of town, play in ponds or dam up a small creek, skip rocks, fish, climb trees, throw hedge apples, shoot sling shots, no cell phones, no real plans left with my parents, and we would come in dead tired in time for supper. Shame those days are gone forever. Today, you have to know where your children are all the time. Not safe anymore. Anywhere.

its the same. we just didn't have as much knowledge and info then.

I wonder if the guy was weaving a tale. I doubt anyone believes his black out story, but beyond that, people today, especially young people snap photos of everything.

I beeped at a car coming into my lane the other night and the windows in the front and back came down immediately and two young girls took pictures of my car.

I think it’s likely if she saw him coming she would’ve snapped a photo.

I know there is some stuff still persevering here about the illegal status of Cristhian Bahena Rivera. That line of thinking is not only being shared here, but by MSM.

What’s important to me is understanding the why of this particular offender... a better understanding of this personality type, which transcends ethnicity and social economics. IMO.

This is a prime example of why LE sometimes withholds information. If they had made it known to the public that they were looking for this man he would probably be back in Mexico or some where far away by now. Mollies body would not have been found and there would be no one to hold accountable. He probably would have slipped back into the country again sometime in the future under a different name and committed another crime just like this one.
Thank you. For all the bashing of LE that happened this morning, it all makes sense now why they did what did

I was having such a fabulous time being with my hubby for our week long anniversary getaway, but at the end of each day I checked the status on Mollie's case, and watched her father trying to be so optimistic. I prayed each day he would receive that miracle he so badly wanted. Sadly, it was not to be. :(

Ocean

Hi OBE. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

LE gave us a lot of information to digest in their presser. IMO, we need to give ourselves and each other time to process what we've learned. There will be plenty of time to discuss the facts of the case in the days ahead.

In the immediate aftermath of tragic news, it's completely normal for people to have heightened emotional responses. It's only natural that emotions are running high here right now in the space we've carved out for Mollie - not just cyber space on a web page, but the emotional and mental space that people here devoted to her. I've seen many fellow sleuthers devote hours of their time and talents to her thread. @SharonNeedles even took the time and went to the effort of physically driving around Brooklyn and videoing it for all of us. That is but one example....this thread has been full of impressive people.

Good-hearted people.

I guess I just want to acknowledge and validate the emotions that are being evidenced on the thread and to encourage us all to be kind to each other right now, because we're none of us okay with what happened to Mollie, and on that point we are in perfect unity.

If true his girlfriend or ex is friends with Mollie and her BF and/or relatives, it is likely he knew her. And if knew her, he was likely obsessed with her. And if he was obsessed with her, he likely stalked her. And if he stalked her, he likely knew exactly where she would be at a given time. And when he finally got the courage to approach her, she rebuffed his fantasy and it pissed him off. Narcissistic injury virtually always manifests into narcissistic rage.

JMO.

There are a lot of "ifs" there.

I'm saying this person is lying. It's not a statement about anyone else.
And I’m not saying that he is using a black out as an excuse to get away with this and that it’s even a good one. What I’m saying is he already knows that he had involvement because he told them as much information as he can and led them to the body. It is very common for a person to remember the events before and after a blackout, therefore he may not know exactly how he killed her he just knows he did. Based on the way everything went down I assume he confessed when confronted with all the evidence, people are getting to worked up about it like it’ll make him walk.

I could be wrong but I thought I heard discussion on HLN after the presser and he said he looked at his phone history to see where he had been. Then led LE there. Did anyone else hear that?

I heard it as he had to look at his phone (reversing map) to figure out how to get out of the corn field area (but then led them to the area last night or this morning by memory). That was odd, for sure.

RIP beautiful Mollie. My heart is broken for your parents, your brothers and your beautiful community.

The story of Mollie Tibbett's tragic killing is not a story about undocumented immigrants. Her alleged killer is NOT representative of them. It IS about toxic masculinity and violence against women. Which is something omnipresent in our culture.

It's not about masculinity of any kind. And I view 'toxic masculinity' as an oxymoron like healthy shame, old news, and jumbo shrimp. This person is a social predator who intentionally sought and isolated a vulnerable victim for the purpose of harming her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob84999381