Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem like he’s forming a defense ....by working backwards.
He merely tried to run with her , strike up a conversation...she became angry,etc.

Who said Mollie "became angry". I heard the same press conference and I heard she told him to leave her alone. That is not 'becoming angry'. That to me is becoming scared!

That was the strangest press conference I have ever seen. Either that, or my expectations were out of whack. I expected the agenda to be like this:
- Spokesperson comes out, says that a body was found in the early morning hours.
- Spokesperson states that they've tentatively identified the body as Mollie's.
- Spokesperson extends heartfelt condolences to the Tibbetts family and Mollie's friends.
- Spokesperson thanks everyone who worked so hard over the past month to find Mollie.
- Spokesperson gives some background about the investigation to include the surveillance video provided by the neighbor.
- Spokesperson says that thanks to that video, they were able to track a suspect.
- Spokesperson announces that LE has detained and arrested a suspect, and
- Lastly, spokesperson gives suspect's name and states that suspect led them to Mollie's body.

No... He announced the arrest and was outta there in 20 minutes.

Take it from a gal who was stalked USE IT! I believe pepper spray should be legal in all 50 states for women to carry. I use the one with a mix of teargas and pepper spray with the glove. It's made for joggers. How I wish Mollie had been carrying one. I give them out as stocking stuffers at Christmastime with instructions. Don't leave them in a hot car and leave it home if you are going to fly. I oftentimes have to go to courthouses for research and the local deputies know me and they either just set it aside for me to retrieve or they just let me through with it!
It is legal in all 50 states. I previously posted a link to that fact but my post was deleted :-/

Are we on the same site? Look at the perps in most of these crimes against women. It's not bashing men to point out the facts. Look at the two cases today, what two different men were capable of doing to four females.

So, women kill their own kids more often than men.... Does this make all women bad and should this be considered during custody hearings? I mean since women do tend to be baby killers and all...

We have NO idea if the best border security in the world would have stopped this guy from being here. He could have overstayed a visa which means he came through legally and just never left.

From looking at his FB profile and using the "translation" tool, it looks to me that at least one person (maybe more, I haven't really looked at it very much) didn't know where he was because he answered them that he was in "the United States, in Iowa." Was he hiding? Running?

FB friend suggestions pop up on her list but it appears she is not actual FB friends with them. I think she added the missing MT FB Page and it would pop up these suggestions for her to friend others associated with that page.
You're right! I hadn't noticed that. Somebody on here said CR's "ex" and MT ran cross country together in high school? I'm not sure how they knew that so it is complete speculation on my part. So far absolutely nothing definitive showing they knew each other previously.

My self-defense class taught me it's not about strength. It's about certain moves to make when you're cornered or grabbed. Moves men aren't anticipating. They drilled that into us, the movest, the confidence, the red flags, etc.

The tricky part of that is you have to be VERY good at self-defense to succeed. I took just a little karate and was not able to prevent being beaten up and raped despite my class. Now, I had my child take it for many years, and he could have fought off three men at a time. So self defense is terrific, but a couple of months of it does not make a woman safe against a man, all other things being equal, she'd have to have really studied it.

I’d be shocked if he didn’t rape her.

Only charge that you can prove. Don't over reach. Send him away to face a lifetime of AdSeg. 23 hours a day of 4 walls, all alone in a cell, and he will eventually wish for death. He might get it too. A lot of guys on the inside have daughters just like MT.

I heard it as he had to look at his phone (reversing map) to figure out how to get out of the corn field area (but then led them to the area last night or this morning by memory). That was odd, for sure.

I'm still confused but here's the part:

"Rivera said he was able to use his phone to determine the route he drove from Brooklyn, but later guided police to the area where Tibbetts was found from memory, according to police.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com Thanks to poster who provided the link <3

LEO in PC today said CR admitted to having seen her running before the 18th, and he was stalking her that evening, followed her, circled around, and then approached her when she was on that stretch of road that was isolated from view.

And here's where women need to realize the moment that vehicle pulls up: DIAL 911. I'm not blaming the victim, mind you but women are taught not to be confrontational. It's time that we teach them the rules of a new world -- defend yourself immediately, apologize (if necessary) at leisure.

I could be wrong but I thought I heard discussion on HLN after the presser and he said he looked at his phone history to see where he had been. Then led LE there. Did anyone else hear that?

Good grief. :rolleyes:
I have a feeling LE will get more details from him in the coming weeks or will develop more using evidence. It won't be hard for them to check his "facts". They're likely also doing a lot of searching at his home, death scene, car, cell phone records, etc.

I'm a bit perplexed by 385th St and how it flows through. Was the abduction east of DJ house or closer to Mum's house? Anybody with updated Map? TIA.

In the arrest warrant and affidavit, I believe it lists the site of the abduction at 1900 385th street. I haven't looked at a map to see where that falls yet.

That was the strangest press conference I have ever seen. Either that, or my expectations were out of whack. I expected the agenda to be like this:
- Spokesperson comes out, says that a body was found in the early morning hours.
- Spokesperson states that they've tentatively identified the body as Mollie's.
- Spokesperson extends heartfelt condolences to the Tibbetts family and Mollie's friends.
- Spokesperson thanks everyone who worked so hard over the past month to find Mollie.
- Spokesperson gives some background about the investigation to include the surveillance video provided by the neighbor.
- Spokesperson says that thanks to that video, they were able to track a suspect.
- Spokesperson announces that LE has detained and arrested a suspect, and
- Lastly, spokesperson gives suspect's name and states that suspect led them to Mollie's body.

No... He announced the arrest and was outta there in 20 minutes.

I think they have so much on this guy already that they decided to put most of it all out there.

We have NO idea if the best border security in the world would have stopped this guy from being here. He could have overstayed a visa which means he came through legally and just never left.
LE said he was undocumented I think that means no paperwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l