Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having such a fabulous time being with my hubby for our week long anniversary getaway, but at the end of each day I checked the status on Mollie's case, and watched her father trying to be so optimistic. I prayed each day he would receive that miracle he so badly wanted. Sadly, it was not to be. :(

Although I felt this would be the dire outcome it never comes easy when it is affirmed. Mollie had so much to live for, and such a promising future. Her beaming genuine infectious smile lit up the room every time, I have no doubt.

The facts are devastating that we now know. More facts will be learned either during his PH or at trial. "If only" runs through my mind. How can it not? If only he hadn't crossed path with Mollie that day when she was alone, and vulnerable. The fact that the murder suspect was here illegally makes it even worse. If he had not been... this wouldn't have ever happened. This has nothing to do with politics. These are the facts about THIS CASE specifically pertaining to THIS suspect. That fact is in every media article I have read or on every channel covering this case. It is a part of the case just like any other suspect's background information is published in all other murder cases when the suspect has been arrested, and charged. We need all of the facts... as brutal, and sickening as they may be. We cant omit a part of any of the facts, imo. To do so would dishonor Mollie's life, and would hide information on who took her life from her. We need to know everything about this monster who conveniently had a 'blackout" at a very convenient time. Riight. It makes me think he may have gamed the justice system before using this excuse. Hopefully we will see what is in his past since the media reported he has been in our country for 4 to 7 years. Imo, no decent human being just gets up one day, and decides to abduct, and murder a defenseless young woman. He has a history, imo.

This case is not about ALL men. The vast majority of men in our country are law abiding citizens who harm no one. This isn't about ALL men needing to be taught respect. Many have already been taught that from an early age, and do so. Respect is not gender specific. Respect should always be taught by parents whether they have sons or daughters. We are seeing this since the MeToo movement where females are being exposed for sexually assaulting males. Respect is needed to be shown by both genders........more so now than ever, imo. Neither gender needs to be lumped altogether as if they are all the same when they are not.

My heart breaks for Mollie and those who love her dearly. You could tell she was a daddy's girl, and I could see the love, admiration, and pride Mollie's daddy has for her.

God bless those who are greatly grieving the loss of such a bright star.

May justice be harsh and swift.

Ocean

Could one of you excellent map makers - make a map of her run - the true run now as we know it?

I also said quite early in the very first threads (been here since thread 1 post 1) that I thought someone saw her running, followed her or went ahead of her, and waited to intercept her on her run. I never thought they entered the house.

The abduction occurred near the intersection of Boundary St. and Middle St.

Google Maps

Tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern Levi Page and I will be doing a live Websleuths podcast.

We'll be discussing Mollie's case. We would love to hear from you too.

Call 713-955-0606 with your questions or comments.

CLICK HERE to listen live tonight 8:00 PM Eastern

I understand your point. My issue with this is that it is a common tactic, that allows the perpetrator to distance himself from the crime and limit his culpability. It has been used so many times that it is ubiquitous at this pont. It goes hand in hand with victim blaming, which I see at the same frequency as these alleged blackouts. Even if it is scientifically proven to be common, I find it completely unbelievable that it occurs at the frequency it does in violent crime.

Concur. And frankly it doesn't matter if he was blacked out the whole time, it wouldn't meet the insanity defense standard, which is a high bar.

And yes, blackouts do happen - when drinking and also in bouts of unfettered rage. But rage is a predictor, not a defense.

JMO.

Oh wow. Boundary and Middle Street and onto 385 at that "merge right". Exactly where I said it likely occurred due to the only place around there not having too many residents. Gives me no satisfaction to be correct, FWIW. Just pointing out that the theory that otto, Massguy, and a few more of us were working on turned out to be pretty accurate. :(
Not caught up but I wonder how the Fitbit data fits in to where she was found.

Does he live alone? I ask that because to the best of my knowledge, you now have to show ID to get utility services. I have to give Comcast my SSN to get broadband service. About the only thing you don't need ID for is a burner phone.

I am very curious about how this guy lived in IA all those years. Where did he live? Alone or with someone who shielded him? Did he work? For whom? Who did he have phone service with? Did someone buy him a phone and shield him?

But paramount to me and Mollie's abduction and murder - I am most curious about how he got that car and was able to do what he did on July 18th between 5-10.

The reports are saying he had followed Mollie before. My mind still goes back to dads comments about someone who possibly knew her and had "misguided thoughts about their relationship". Some of us on here discussed the possibility of Mollie talking to her dad about someone she had had trouble with. Now Im wondering if this was him. it appears from what people are seeing on FB, she very likely knew "of" this guy. And she was clearly frightened when he approached her and she said he would call the police. Idk. Only thing I know for sure is this isnt the outcome I was hoping for.

please do not misunderstand- i am not blaming mollie in any way shape or form. there is one person responsible and one person only and that person is in custody. but oh how i wish mollie would've taken the dogs with her on the run that night. perhaps there would have been a different outcome...:(

I was having such a fabulous time being with my hubby for our week long anniversary getaway, but at the end of each day I checked the status on Mollie's case, and watched her father trying to be so optimistic. I prayed each day he would receive that miracle he so badly wanted. Sadly, it was not to be. :(

Although I felt this would be the dire outcome it never comes easy when it is affirmed. Mollie had so much to live for, and such a promising future. Her beaming genuine infectious smile lit up the room every time, I have no doubt.

The facts are devastating that we now know. More facts will be learned either during his PH or at trial. "If only" runs through my mind. How can it not? If only he hadn't crossed path with Mollie that day when she was alone, and vulnerable. The fact that the murder suspect was here illegally makes it even worse. If he had not been... this wouldn't have ever happened. This has nothing to do with politics. These are the facts about THIS CASE specifically pertaining to THIS the suspect. That fact is in every media article I have read or on every channel covering this case. It is a part of the case just like any other suspect's background information is published in all other murder cases when the suspect has been arrested, and charged. We need all of the facts... as brutal, and sickening as they may be. We cant omit a part of any of the facts, imo. To do so would dishonor Mollie's life, and who took her life from her. We need to know everything about this monster who conveniently had a 'blackout" at a very convenient time. Riight. It makes me think he may have gamed the justice system before using this excuse. Hopefully we will see what is in his past since the media reported he has been in our country for 4 to 7 years. Imo, no decent human being just gets up one day, and decides to abduct, and murder a defenseless young woman. He has a history, imo.

This case is not about ALL men. The vast majority of men in our country are law abiding citizens who harm no one. This isn't about ALL men needing to be taught respect. Many have already been taught that from an early age, and do so. Respect is not gender specific. Respect should always be taught by parents whether they have sons or daughters. We are seeing this since the MeToo movement where females are being exposed for sexually assaulting males. Respect is needed to be shown by both genders........more so now than ever, imo. Neither gender needs to be lumped altogether as if they are all the same when they are not.

My heart breaks for Mollie and those who love her dearly. You could tell she was a daddy's girl, and I could see the love, admiration, and pride Mollie's daddy has for her.

God bless those who are greatly grieving the loss of such a bright star.

May justice be harsh and swift.

Ocean
Very well said. And I agree.

RIP beautiful Mollie. My heart is broken for your parents, your brothers and your beautiful community.

The story of Mollie Tibbett's tragic killing is not a story about undocumented immigrants. Her alleged killer is NOT representative of them. It IS about toxic masculinity and violence against women. Which is something omnipresent in our culture.
You said it. Thank you.

Right. It's not like anyone can say, "well, if it wouldn't have been him, someone else would have gotten her...." NO. It was because he was here. Period. Nobody else would have gotten her.

Sure this particular person would still be alive, but given a killer would still exist just in a different place someone else might be dead instead. There isn't really a point to speculating about what might have been if this that or the other thing had happened differently.

I am 100% willing to pay my taxes to keep a monster like this off the streets and prevent the next girl from being murdered.
He shouldn’t of been here in the first place then mollie would be alive today now he gets a free room and board, meals, fan mail from sick women who want to marry him and possible conjugal visits and gets to belong to a prison gang on us.

Cristhian Bahena Rivera: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com "Rivera said he was driving and made a U-turn, went back to entrance to a field and drove up a driveway to a cornfield, according to the court documents. He then noticed there was an ear piece from headphones in his lap and “that is how he realized he put (Tibbetts) in the trunk,” police wrote in the affidavit. “He went to get her out of the trunk and he noticed blood on the side of her head,” police wrote."

Perp was running beside her? Right, he really looks like the jogging type of guy. Was he running in his gangsta clothes he’s wearing in his FB photos? Poor Mollie the fear she must have felt is chilling. Rest in Peace sweet young lady. Forever 20
What "gangsta" clothes? The pink shirt and cowboy hat or the red skinny jeans and hard bottom shoes? C'mon people, let's not use this thread to express stereotyped based comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueCrimeJunkieCory