Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone help me - wouldn't LE have combed through ML's and her brothers Facebook accounts? Or could they? And they would have found the same thing some of you found - granted we are working it from a known position and LE is working a mystery with an ILLEGAL (invisible in some ways) as the person who hurt Mollie - I am so curious if LE was able to get what they needed from Facebook and others.

We all sign terms of service when we venture into cyber lanes. And I hope we have things in place for sites/companies to be able to help just as the neighbor did who provided the cam footage.

Anyone know the legal side of what LE had to hurdle?

As I take a look at what happened I see where the local LE had 4-7 years to know who this guy was if he was driving around this region. In my state, LE routinely does check points and they get to know who drives what where. Do they do that in IA?

Could this case bring check points to the foreground?
Im not familiar with facebook so I hope this is not a stupid question, but can one really determine someones legal status on Facebook? Whether one is a citizen? I highly doubt this guy would list himself as such.

First of all,all my strenght of best wishes to her family,friends and beloved ones hat a sad outcome,as many family's endure
Mollie's case and her missing seems to be a highclass profile case that reached in Europe
<modsnipped>
Kinda sad to be honest

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure exactly what you are saying. When my camera system is recording it is recorded to a specific date and time. When I loose power it will change the date to 01/01/2014 and time to 12:00 because of my software. It will then start recording as if today is Jan 1, 2014 and 2 weeks could go by and I could loose power again and it will get reset all over again back to Jan 1, 2014 at 12:00.

I do not loose any of the footage that has been recorded because the DVR will hold 3000 hours before it is re-recorded over. To view it though I have to pull all the data off my DVR and put it onto a USB drive to watch through it because of how it is archived.

It can be quite a challenge when going back I have had it happen twice now when trying to go back but now I am much better at resetting that info before I reset clocks in my house. Something like this could have been such a challenge with the CCTV footage from Brooklyn which only makes for more difficulties during an investigation.
just saying if there is already a file that covers a time and date, the system normaly can not write another file covering same time and date. mine gets off to where it shows it is tomorrow by date and I can not set it backwards because that time is already named. bottom line time and dates get off and make video hard to locate. I also agree different cameras get date time off different, even on same system. I use a battery back up now. I do not loose footage until it starts recycleing harddrive space. I also think something like this could have delayed.

BBM

"Dailymail.com understands that Rivera was doing seasonal work for a local dairy farm in Brooklyn.

He lived with a number of other migrant workers on a secluded farmhouse in Brooklyn owned by their employer.

4F4969C200000578-6084291-Rivera_has_been_living_illegally_in_Iowa_for_between_four_and_se-m-18_1534888026246.jpg

Rivera has been living illegally in Iowa for between four and seven years

Law enforcement arrived at the property at around 3pm Monday afternoon according to a neighbor.

<modsnipped copyright>

Im not familiar with facebook so I hope this is not a stupid question, but can one really determine someones legal status on Facebook? Whether one is a citizen? I highly doubt this guy would list himself as such.
No. It’s all about what you put on there.

The way he preyed on Mollie reminded me of someone many of us know by the name of Jesse Matthews. This guy turned around his car and followed Mollie the same way Jesse Matthews turned around and followed Hannah Graham in downtown Cville. A lot later came out about Matthews being linked to many women- including Morgan Harrington. So it will be interesting to see what develops with this .
Brandon Lavergne got caught on video in his white truck doing the same to Mickey Schunick.

<modsnipped quoted post>

I am not sure if a "farm" hired this man? Seems to be there are three dominant employers/industries there = concrete and construction biz, trucking and truck services including repair shops, and farming/agra biz. OF course there are also the usual service/everyman biz players too- restaurants, insurance, property management/real estate, banks, convenience/gas stations....

Anyone know where he actually worked for the last 4-7 years?

I think what some posters on here have speculated about the perpetrator being known to her but not close is correct from what the PC just revealed. Perhaps a social media friend that could have possibly been fixated on her. I’m glad they’ve caught him before he got the chance to harm other women.
Assuming there aren’t others & Mollie was his last.

Just got home from work, where I saw the very sad news come across my phone. Have only heard bits of the news conference, and will post more later, but just wanted to extend my sincere condolences to the family and loved ones of this sweet girl. As a parent, I can imagine nothing harder than the loss of your child, unless it is the loss of your child, and not knowing where he/she is, or being able to lay him/her to rest with dignity. Mollie's spirit is already free, but now her remains will no longer be left to lie out in the elements. May the community that has wrapped their arms around this family for the past month continue to do so in the difficult days ahead, and may justice come swiftly for the one responsible for Mollie's death. And for all of you, my Websleuths partners here, thank you for being here for Mollie. I am very proud to be counted among this group. JMO

Dear SteveP,

Your words in your post touched my heart.

I have always looked forward to reading your posts, they are so full of deep compassion as well as insight.

I, too, feel honored to be part of Mollie's thread.

May Mollie's loved ones hold one another tight during this unfathomable time.

Mollie's 'light' will shine forever in their hearts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay