Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Longtime reader, new poster. Just re-read the rules twice and THINK I'm allowed to say this but not sure, so please delete if inappropriate. I see on his public Facebook page that of the last 14 friends Rivera added on Facebook, 13 of them are young women who look exactly like Mollie:(

Welcome! Yes you're allowed to say that.

What a creepy POI. Yuk!

I wonder how those women feel now.

You can never control someone else's behavior. You can only control your own. BE PROACTIVE. Don't warn him you are going to call 911. Call 911. Don't hesitate. Don't think you might be wrong. Let LE sort it out. TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF.
Yes and 1st thing you can do is use the lungs God gave you to alert others to your aid. Scream for help and get distance between you and them
Stay safe

In the previous PC, LE made two things very clear...they did NOT have a suspect and Mollie did NOT make it home from her run. Which both are true.

Yet we had dozens of pages on homework, red shirt, brats, libraries and her Dad having inside knowledge, the 3-hr phone call and more as late as yesterday.

When dealing with tight-lipped LE I have learned from many, many cases, that when they ask for help, as they did then, they need it. Not to play games, make people “sweat” etc...

This was sadly, always simple in that she went for a normal run, was abducted and murdered. How no one saw, we don’t know. What if that car had not been captured on video? I always stated that without video or a confession, nothing would happen until Mollie was found and not even then unless DNA helped them solve it. Too often, the simple yet terrible solution is true.

It is beyond comprehension as these murders always are. This perp would have likely escaped justice if not for a video camera that LE got hold of. All jmo and all that...just babbling.
Absolutely true. A random crime like this, is incredibly difficult to solve without DNA. Incredible work by law enforcement in going through that video footage and identifying the suspect through it. If not for that, he would have likely gotten away, and he may very well have killed again.

There are societies around the globe where women are not much more than property. I want to know where he is a citizen. How he was able to drive? Work? Wouldn't he have been part of the protected DACA?

This 100 times over. American women have fought for equality for MANY, many decades. My mom born in 1918 therefore at the time when women did not have the right to vote. Our country lived through a social revolution in my lifetime where I had the only mom that worked all others were stay at home mom's with one family car. Wife was subjected to cleaning house, caring for kids, caring for her working husband and making sure everyone's needs were met, forget her own needs.

Fast forward to today. Although women still have a FAR way to go to avoid sexual harassment and abuse, at least those perpetrating crimes against women are being outed...think the #me too movement. It needs to continue so men realize women are NOT their personal toys that can be manipulated into doing things they do not want to do to get the part, the promotion, or sadly even LIVE today.

We can NOT stand for anything less then this. There are cultures that STILL treat their dogs better then their wives and daughters. It is fact even if not PC to acknowledge this. I am and have always been a women's advocate having personally been the victim of violent crime and DV. Women and their safety has been my mission for over 4 decades and will continue to be.

Am I the only one who thinks it’s extremely arrogant to have a Facebook account if you are in this country illegally? And to have pics of guns on said Facebook....

Facebook is international. People have it all over the entire world. H opened his page when he still lived in central America, per his page.

Even more importantly, we should be teaching our sons to respect all women as equals, to understand what consent means and that you don't invade someone's personal boundaries. It needs to be drummed into our sons at an early age that they are not entitled to a women's time, affection or body - and that violent aggression is never the appropriate way to resolve a personal conflict .

Disagree. Normal men know this. There will always be the 1% who are bad people, psychopaths, violent to others

You really think the murderers mother raised him to abduct and murder?

If true his girlfriend or ex is friends with Mollie and her BF and/or relatives, it is likely he knew her. And if knew her, he was likely obsessed with her. And if he was obsessed with her, he likely stalked her. And if he stalked her, he likely knew exactly where she would be at a given time. And when he finally got the courage to approach her, she rebuffed his fantasy and it pissed him off. Narcissistic injury virtually always manifests into narcissistic rage.

JMO.

Rick Rahn, the spokesperson at the press conference this afternoon, did mention Rivera has seen her running before, but he didn’t say what the vantage point was. No way of knowing if he actually knew her personally (for now). She does seem to have been separated from him by one degree (person) if the Facebook sleuthers here are right. That aspect will prob be all over the news by tomorrow.

But wouldn't he have been considered sort of a local? I believe LE said he had been there somewhere between 4-7 years. I'm curious if Mollie had ever had any prior contact with him. You know seen him at the store several times kind of thing. I don't know that I ever heard anyone ask that question, but I got in to the PC kind of late.

Well I was referring to the Washington post news article before the press conference !!! Wow was I wrong! Never did I accept the illegal alien story to be true. Yet here we are with a suspect in custody and charged with murder!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HelloKitty1298