Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *ARREST* #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a prime example of why LE sometimes withholds information. If they had made it known to the public that they were looking for this man he would probably be back in Mexico or some where far away by now. Mollies body would not have been found and there would be no one to hold accountable. He probably would have slipped back into the country again sometime in the future under a different name and committed another crime just like this one.

But in reality he was a HUGE threat to the local community! Had he killed again, LE would be screwed.

As someone who works in the medical field I’ve been a medical assistant since 2011, I worked on a neuroscience unit in the hospital can we please stop acting like there is no possible way that he could have blacked out? HONESTLY, NOT TO DEFEND HIM, medical things like that are far more common than you would realize and we don’t know his medical history to not say he has an underlying condition that would cause this, he could’ve been drinking all day before he decided to attack her people can black out please have some respect for science it does happen. And yes you can remember everything before and everything after a black out. By saying that he is just using that as an excuse, he may be but it discredits people who actually experience blackouts.

ETA: even if he never admits it through an autopsy the judge is going to know exactly what happened to her during the timeframe that he claims he doesn’t remember so please can we not focus on that ?
I understand your point. My issue with this is that it is a common tactic, that allows the perpetrator to distance himself from the crime and limit his culpability. It has been used so many times that it is ubiquitous at this pont. It goes hand in hand with victim blaming, which I see at the same frequency as these alleged blackouts. Even if it is scientifically proven to be common, I find it completely unbelievable that it occurs at the frequency it does in violent crime.

More than once during interviews, Ted Bundy stated that he believed his addiction to *advertiser censored* created and fueled his desire to rape and kill women.

Here's one interview:
Bundy Blames *advertiser censored*
Bundy was a con. The interview was pure manipulation IMO. He was interviewed by a fundamental Christian with an agenda and Bundy had his own agenda: telling Dobson what he wanted to hear to get his attention while blaming something/someone else for his crimes. By doing so, he felt innocent in his mind.

Someone said earlier LE should have gotten the video immediately, well according to the arrest warrant they did. It says they got it "shortly after MT was reported missing".

Cristhian Bahena Rivera Court Papers

I did not read this so I apologize for thinking otherwise as I mentioned in my post.
Just seems that would be a long time before an arrest.

Could one of you excellent map makers - make a map of her run - the true run now as we know it?

I also said quite early in the very first threads (been here since thread 1 post 1) that I thought someone saw her running, followed her or went ahead of her, and waited to intercept her on her run. I never thought they entered the house.

He's had over a month to cook up a road rage incident. Just wondering what crap he'll make up. I mean, why would this even happen? What excuse will he have? Like the initial approach. Why? What's he gonna say about the start of it? I mean, who flies into a blind rage? Why? Where was he headed in his Camaro? was it? Whatever car, for whatever reason. I really just can't envision believing anything this dude says. But LE will get to the bottom of it. I trust. Thank you, LE.

He didn't become "angry". He lured her into his car because she knew him with some fake story and then probably raped and killed her.
He did not lure her into his car. He chased her down, after she likely rejected his advances , threatening to call the police, further angering him, and as a result ruthlessly chased her down and murdered her. Then likely trembled in his britches for a month while he came up with his" story." And a lame one at that. I guess he turned out to be dumb after all.

As someone who works in the medical field I’ve been a medical assistant since 2011, I worked on a neuroscience unit in the hospital can we please stop acting like there is no possible way that he could have blacked out? HONESTLY, NOT TO DEFEND HIM, medical things like that are far more common than you would realize and we don’t know his medical history to not say he has an underlying condition that would cause this, he could’ve been drinking all day before he decided to attack her people can black out please have some respect for science it does happen. And yes you can remember everything before and everything after a black out. By saying that he is just using that as an excuse, he may be but it discredits people who actually experience blackouts.

ETA: even if he never admits it through an autopsy the judge is going to know exactly what happened to her during the timeframe that he claims he doesn’t remember so please can we not focus on that ?

I'm saying this person is lying. It's not a statement about anyone else.

Holly Bobo, Mickie Shunick, Lauren Giddings, Chelsea King (my first case here) Amber Du Bois...all murdered by (white American) men as they went about their business and so many more....men killing women is not a country of origin issue...it is a male issue. Too many men feel entitled to women’s attention, etc and decide THEY are victims...jmo

So sad, Poor Mollie was probablly dead before anybody even knew she was missing. probablly within an hr or so of her abduction! Im so fricken pissed!!!!!!!
<modsnipped>

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks, I'm going to be Ms. Obvious here: none of the anger, or throwing an entire group of human beings under the bus due to the awful actions of one, is going to bring Mollie back...and Mollie is why we're all here. If anyone else is as sad as I am about this outcome, I cannot even imagine how her family - who KNEW and loved her so much - must be feeling. My heart and thoughts are with them all tonight...

Bundy was a con. The interview was pure manipulation IMO. He was interviewed by a fundamental Christian with an agenda and Bundy had his own agenda: telling Dobson what he wanted to hear to get his attention while blaming something/someone else for his crimes. By doing so, he felt innocent in his mind.
That’s true, but in many serial killer cases throughout the years, investigators have frequently found a trove of violent magazines. There’s many examples in the books I mentioned in a previous post. He may have been lying in his case, and giving himself an out, but that type of thing isn’t uncommon, as it is an important part of their fantasy life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb