Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's called dotting the i's and crossing the t's, to minimize his chance of a "no hablas" defense or appeal of a conviction. There can be NO confusion as to whether or not he understood his rights, or due process. I'm certain that he will have the very best of attorneys. The state will want to make sure that a successful prosecution sticks for the rest of this guy`s life.
Right. Didn’t they give a translator to the guy working for the post office or fed ex who killed that girl jogging in the northeast. She was jogging from her parents’ home and he burned her hands and feet. I stopped following the case after they caught him. The victim worked for google

I'm going to bed now but I just want to say that while I'm glad this is all resolved and the family can have closure - this case is kind of getting to me. I'm going to bed with a pit in my stomach.

Because this is every woman's worst fear.

When I'm walking down the street or going for a jog, I (and I'm sure tons of other women, if not ALL of them) always have the fleeting (sometimes in-humor) thought, "I hope I make it back home in one piece!" This is the exact scenario that flashes through a woman's head when she gets catcalled/harassed while walking/jogging alone by a man. While of course it's about being respected and not wanted to be harassed on a general level, you also have NO CLUE who you are dealing with. Is this just a gross guy who thinks he's giving me a passing "compliment?" Or is this a guy who really has evil intentions to act on? Your heart starts racing, you walk a little faster, and hope you don't see them following you or hearing their footsteps come closer. A majority of the time, you don't.

In Mollie's case, the absolute worst case scenario became reality. And those were the last moments of her life. I feel so bad for her and this shakes me.

Aaaand on THAT happy note, time to go to sleep! :p

He could have driven far in front of her, parked and sunk down into his chair and waited a couple minutes for her to run past, hoping he was not noticed, then snuck up behind her. Or alternatively she could be like me who blasts their music wayyy too loud regardless of whether I'm running or listening at home.
Heh, yeah I guess. I don't believe a word he will ever say. I'll only believe what the medical examiner ends up saying..... I think it was 100% premeditated. I think he knew her. This was a blitz attack. Ugh

If we see the Interrogation Video, it’s likely he did not tell the whole story together as it’s reported.

There’s a process and questions are interspersed. Questions aimed at tripping him up, pointing out inconsistencies, and confrontational statements designed to redirect and create admissions.

With that in mind, one can see where a story would start out as saying, I tried to talk to her, start up a conversation.

If you accept the final version, then are you believing he looked down and saw blood and her earphones in his car, and he realized she was in the Trunk?

I don’t think he wants to stand in the street and be seen with her, wants to give her a chance to push a button on that phone. I don’t think any words were exchanged.

Predatory behavior in my opinion.

Right. Didn’t they give a translator to the guy working for the post office or fed ex who killed that girl jogging in the northeast. She was jogging from her parents’ home and he burned her hands and feet. I stopped following the case after they caught him. The victim worked for google
Yes. That coward cowered in the corner during his court appearances. Unfortunately, justice is slower in Massachusetts than anywhere in the world, or atleast it seems that way.

How could LE have insisted the public was NOT at risk when they had an alleged sexual predator murderer on the loose for a month?

I’m a speed-walker semi-jogger and I don’t feel comfortable running alone anymore. I need to arm myself with pepper spray.

I agree with Tricia on the WS podcast that this case and the POI need to be studied so we can figure of how to prevent more deaths and keep these monsters off the streets.
Maybe if they had said that the guy would have taken off. Also, even if they do suspect a SK, which we don't even know is true, it is extremely unlikely that this guy would have killed again so quickly. Cases like the Midnight stalker are extremely rare, or when you have a suspect who is in the middle of a killing spree, and I believe if they had any reason to believe this, at that point they would tell the public. There is really no need to alarm the public without good reason.

Absolutely! Just so curious about how long LE had this video and how long the homeowner had it and whether the homeowner even knew what was on it at all. They did a good job staying quiet if they did know/had watched their their own footage

According to the press conference they (LE) got the video a week or two ago. About the 5:20 mark.

I wonder why he confessed and led them to her body. They only had the video of him following her in the car. He could have denied that he spoke to her or anything else and they had nothing to show otherwise. Maybe they tricked him and said we have you on tape talking to her or something.
And of course there is the fact that he is not the brightest bulb.

I do wonder how much info the autopsy will yield though, after five weeks outdoors. I hope cause of death can be determined as well as any other assaults. It is not a given that they will be able to say for sure how she died or if she was sexually assaulted...

If strangled, there is always hyoid bone damage to look for. Blunt trauma to the head could be revealed by fractures of the skull, and clotted blood remains of intracranial bleed. Post-mortem x-rays alone would be of great value, among other findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay