Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s bothering to me is the series of events and choices people had to make to reveal CR as the murderer and not LE per say... If the person never installed the canera system or turned it over.. If CR fled the country/state, he wouldn’t have confessed or beed arrested, interviewed or revealed MT whereabouts, she would still be missing and the crime Unsolved. I am glad there is closure for the case and the family isn’t left wondering if she is possibly alive somewhere. I guess I expected to feel different when she was found.

RIP sweet girl...I hope you gave him hell.

I woke up to this horrid news.
I feel for the devastated family and friends.
After posting the News article from here, I had to leave this site for awhile.
I took my precious little dog for a walk, to think about Nature, the good around us,
and not to dwell on evil.
These Creeps, alter society, as we live in fear, as soon we have another bad headline.
Hope Karma follows this Creep for years: in Prison, and then the most miserable life after being deported.
<violence not condoned by websleuths>

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, honestly I don't even know why we are entertaining that story at all. I don't think we can trust a word this guy says. Just my opinion of course, but I think he is lying through his teeth, which is very common for people with anti- social personality disorder, and I know it's a little to early to assume that, but to me everything points to this disorder. It would appear he has no conscience. It will be interesting to find out if he already has a record, and if he has assaulted people before.

I've never seen it as a disorder. I see it as an utter lack of conscience and empathy. Andrew Vachss (attorney/child advocate) once said "Sickness is a condition. Evil is a behavior." This sums it up for me.

I find the story important because these types of people end up pointing to pieces of the actual story in these kinds of lies.

I woke up to this horrid news.
I feel for the devastated family and friends.
After posting the News article from here, I had to leave this site for awhile.
I took my precious little dog for a walk, to think about Nature, the good around us,
and not to dwell on evil.
These Creeps, alter society, as we live in fear, as soon we have another bad headline.
Hope Karma follows this Creep for years: in Prison, and then the most miserable life after being deported.
Hope inmates, give this person, what he deserves.
He will never walk out of prison, unless the dead can somehow learn to walk.

I tend to believe his story as to the events of how it happened. For one, he admitted Mollie wanted no part of him. If he was concocting a big lie he would have turned blame on her somehow and claimed it was a consensual encounter blah blah, but he didnt. He blamed himself by admitting "anger". And for 2, He provided a lot of detail as to what she was wearing, described the scene he left her at, etc. that turned out to be truth. His guilt wouldnt let him speak about the actual bad part. But he will. I think it played out exactly like he said, or close to it. However I do think he knows what he did during his so-called blackout session. I have one crazy idea that I could see coming up in a defense tactic but Im not even going to say it outloud.

Absolutely! Just so curious about how long LE had this video and how long the homeowner had it and whether the homeowner even knew what was on it at all. They did a good job staying quiet if they did know/had watched their their own footage
Hmmm...at first when she went missing there wasn’t a lot of info. Maybe she was on a run, maybe she was at home. Snapchat pic inside, homework being done. Everything was so speculated. I’m sure the residence with the tape never would have imagined it would eventually catch this creep. It was probably only a week or two later when LE was begging for any type of info or ideas. Maybe the people weren’t even too familiar with the camera and thought it only kept footage so long. Maybe handing it over, the LE were the experts how to figure out how to back track the footage back to that night. I guess only time will tell if they release that info!

I do wonder how much info the autopsy will yield though, after five weeks outdoors. I hope cause of death can be determined as well as any other assaults. It is not a given that they will be able to say for sure how she died or if she was sexually assaulted...
he's basically admitted to head trauma which makes me think blunt force trauma and sticking her in a trunk. possibly, if he used enough force, there might be pelvic fractures. If they found his dna in her underwear, if she was wearing them, that would be something as well. Not really sure. I'm less concerned with cause of death than a conviction that puts him away for life.

I tend to believe his story as to the events of how it happened. For one, he admitted Mollie wanted no part of him. If he was concocting a big lie he would have turned blame on her somehow and claimed it was a consensual encounter blah blah, but he didnt. He blamed himself by admitting "anger". And for 2, He provided a lot of detail as to what she was wearing, described the scene he left her at, etc. that turned out to be truth. His guilt wouldnt let him speak about the actual bad part. But he will. I think it played out exactly like he said, or close to it. However I do think he knows what he did during his so-called blackout session. I have one crazy idea that I could see coming up in a defense tactic but Im not even going to say it outloud.
He still blamed her for rejecting him. "She made him mad." I think the general outline of the story makes sense, and the investigation will either prove or disprove his claims. And I absolutely agree with you, he knows what he did when he blacked out. The next time you are watching ID Discovery, pay attention to the perpetrator to see if he claims that he "blacked out." This is a very common claim.

I've never seen it as a disorder. I see it as an utter lack of conscience and empathy. Andrew Vachss (attorney/child advocate) once said "Sickness is a condition. Evil is a behavior." This sums it up for me.

I find the story important because these types of people end up pointing to pieces of the actual story in these kinds of lies.

I find this interesting. I'm trying to understand. Can you all help me with a question? Is a psychopath a mental illness or not? I came into contact with one and I know from experience they def. lack empathy. Like it's not even there. They were born that way. It wasn't something from childhood or a bad teenage experience that caused it. They were literally born that way. I don't consider a psychopath one with a mental illness. Appreciate someone explaining if it is or isn't. I've dealt with a psychopath and then also have a relative with a mental illness. To me they are totally different.

If she was beaten to death it would likely show at autopsy. Strangulation can still be determined in some cases (thyroid bone broken). Asphyxiation would be unlikely to be determined.
If she had blood on her face, like he apparently said, I would think they could determine if she were beaten or bludgeoned.

Here's what I think happened (skip if you do not want to think about it):

CR was prowling around Brooklyn. He saw Mollie, who he had seen jogging before, and drove around the block a couple of times until he got up the nerve to pull up next to her. He rolled down his window and said something crude (blowing kisses, hi hottie, whatever). She either ignored him, said please leave me alone, or started running away. That triggered him and he got angry - he felt disrespected. He drove along in the car up E 385 behind her while she's trying to run away until they were a little out of town, pulled over, jumped out of the car, grabbed her from behind and pushed her to the ground slamming her head and choking her. I think he threw her in the car and drove down to the cornfields, assaulted her, and then left her there covered.

I think there's an inkling of truth in his statement because he did this all in a blind rage - not a blackout, he knew exactly what he was doing, but while enraged. I posted about it earlier but many serial killers report feeling an uncontrollable urge to rape, hurt, or kill and it consumes them. I think that's what he really meant by a "blackout." I'm glad he's off the streets and hope he never sees a second of freedom again.

I think LE will find a history of domestic violence, and likely there are other women who he either tried to assault, or made uncomfortable.

How could LE have insisted the public was NOT at risk when they had an alleged sexual predator murderer on the loose for a month?

I’m a speed-walker semi-jogger and I don’t feel comfortable running alone anymore. I need to arm myself with pepper spray.

I agree with Tricia on the WS podcast that this case and the POI need to be studied so we can figure our not only how to solve these crimes but how to prevent more deaths and keep these monsters off the streets.

I read that the break in this case was security footage from a homeowner that captured Mollie jogging and the POI’s car.
I’m mad as hell about this. LE stated on multiple occasions there was not an increased risk to the public. A truthful answer would have been something like “we don’t know one way or the other at this time.” But they didn’t say that, they said No. My wife and daughters were at increased risk. I’m not letting that slide.

I’m mad as hell about this. LE stated on multiple occasions there was not an increased risk to the public. A truthful answer would have been something like “we don’t know one way or the other at this time.” But they didn’t say that, they said No. My wife and daughters were at increased risk. I’m not letting that slide.
Here's the question though. Would you have done anything differently?

Yes. That coward cowered in the corner during his court appearances. Unfortunately, justice is slower in Massachusetts than anywhere in the world, or atleast it seems that way.
I just looked up the case
It was Vanessa Marcotte
Angel Ortiz, the predator, is scheduled to appear in court on August 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics