IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure half the restaurant, landscaping and construction workforce in this US aren’t who they say they are haha.

I watched a show on trafficking, or maybe it was a show on SK victims in NM? How it’s very hard because many illegals have long names with variations and/or aliases.

I hope this post doesn’t cross over into illegal territory (no pun intended), if so, mods please delete.
Several well known and small restaurants and business will help them appear legal. Especially temp services. Ok several is down playing it but you get it lol
Just my experience. Not bashing slamming etc.
Everybody needs a pay check and really all this monster had to do was keep working his hours and taking care of his family. He would have been just fine for many many years. I’m not saying I’m in agreement nor saying this employer did such a thing. This is my on the job experiences and opinions from being in the city. They also just simple produce fake info. And lots of them are very kind hard working people!! Again I’m not condoning.
I’m so so sorry Mollie. This has been very eye opening even for this city girl. I can’t stop the emotions over this. It’s gut wrenching in many many ways.

Hahaha I was wanting to mention construction sites myself, lol.

So, there was a post I had made way back about how I was approached while walking by 2 men and they circled around but I was ready for them. I couldn’t mace both of them but was able to call 911 instead. It gives me shudders that Mollie was not so lucky.
And in no way, shape or form am I victim blaming here, but I used to walk gravel roads in Ohio, sparsely populated, with tall cornfields on both sides and there were times my spidey senses would go off when I heard a car approaching and I would jump into the cornfield until they passed. This is a wake up call for women to pay attention to their surroundings and to be prepared to take whatever action necessary to protect themselves.

I read in MSM that it was found on LE canvas of neighborhood that LE found out about the security cans and a resident turned system/content over to LE. LE itself has said that it took "hours and hours" of review to go through and find the pertinent footage. Likely resident who had security cams did not realize how important this video could be. Sounds like good work on the part of LE, to seine through through the 600+ homes in Brooklyn and a pile of digital evidence to find the one bit that broke the case. This is why DCI asked for FBI help, though I am sure it was a joint effort!
Great use of the word "seine." (One of my kids has spent the summer seining as a conservation project and it's become a much-used word in our household lately.)

:)

And, yes, to seine through all those minutes of tapes would take TIME. But once they had their guy, they had their guy. It was a LE force that played it quiet and cool in the midst of national and international attention. Hats off to them.

jmo

IMO, they didn't "send" the father home. He lives in a different state and had been in Iowa for a month searching for his missing daughter. He was likely exhausted and perhaps his funds were too. There is no script to follow when it comes to this, and there is a limit to what the father could actually DO while in Iowa.

The sad fact of life is....life goes on.

I don't think LE told the father to go home, but I'm sure they supported the idea for his own good. Anyone who supported or encouraged the decision did it out of kindness to the father, not because they wanted him gone for their own good.

LE had an ongoing investigation. They didn't pinpoint the suspect and interview him until after the father was gone. At that point, they had NO IDEA the suspect would confess and lead them to the body.

Of course it's heartbreaking, as you mention, the father wasn't there when LE broke the case. But the whole dang thing is heartbreaking. Coming up with conspiracy theories, imo, is taking advantage of a tragedy for sensational purposes, and that is unkind at best.

jmopinion

I’m sorry but I respectfully disagree based on what RT said.

"Very reluctantly, I'm being told I sort of need to do this," Rob Tibbetts told ABC affiliate KCRG in Cedar Rapids. "We've called this sort of a halftime, a break."

Authorities encouraged the missing jogger's family to return to their day-to-day lives, Rob Tibbetts told KCRG, adding that he still feels confident his daughter will be found.

Dad of missing Iowa jogger 'reluctantly' returns home to California

Cristhian Rivera: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' killing gave false ID to employer - CNN

Farm that hired Cristhian Rivera, Mollie Tibbetts' suspected killer, did not use E-Verify system, official says

Cristhian Rivera, charged in Mollie Tibbetts' death, worked at a farm owned by a prominent Iowa Republican family

By all indications it is suspected Christhian Rivera is here illegally. His lawyer stated in his gag order motion that he believed Rivera was here legally because Craig Lang verified he was. This has been corrected by the Lang's. The Lang's later came out stating they used the SS system to verify status, as opposed to the E-Verify system, which they originally stated. Rivera presented them with false identification.

CNN - In applying for the job, Rivera provided a state ID and Social Security card that was verified through the Social Security Administration's verification system, according to Lang. But those forms of ID were not of Rivera, he said.

Fox News - However, Yarrabee Farms co-owner and manager Dane Lang clarified Wednesday afternoon that the farm did not use a federal E-Verify check on suspect Cristhian Rivera, despite the company's claim earlier in the day that it did.

Lang said Rivera provided a state-issued photo identification and social security card. “We learned that our employee was not who he said he is.”

Des Moines Register - Editor's Note - Yarabee Farms, Cristhian Rivera's employer, said Tuesday that they had used the federal E-Verify program to vet Rivera's identity. On Wednesday, officials from the farm acknowledged they had not used the E-Verify system and that Rivera had given them false information.

Also, there are no records of Rivera in DACA.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services spokesperson Michael Bars told CNN that Rivera did not make any requests for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, that might have provided him legal status in the US.

"We have found no record in our systems indicating he has any lawful immigration status," Bars said.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services told Fox News: "A search of records by USCIS revealed Rivera did not make any DACA requests nor were any grants given. We have found no record in our systems indicating he has any lawful immigration status."

Gag Order Motion

Gag Order Tibbetts

Just read the gag order, and I think that CR's attorney is REALLY interesting, can't wait to see what this member of the bar comes up with next! Could he be like Columbo, or just another guy at the bar?

I had not actually cried yet but your post brought on the tears. Mollie truly was adorable and light-filled. My chest hurts with grief for her and her family and all who loved her. RIP sweet girl.

Aww, you have a beautiful heart...I too cried as I stood back and looked at "Mollie's flag," seeing it gently rippling in the breeze.

I think we can hold onto the light she brought...so many who never knew her grew to love her, as we read and heard about her compassionate heart and spunky spirit -- and that loving, bright smile of hers.

It's truly so awful what happened to her (makes me literally sick to my stomach), but we can hope others can be saved from such a fate, in knowing her story...and then besides us seeing she get her justice, we find our own ways to light up our corners of the world~just like Mollie did.

Factor in his slim build, he weighs not much more than 50kg, he is definitely on the short/slight end of the spectrum, I can easily see him having issues with this.

That is average or above average for a Latino though.

And I do think he fancied himself a "player" from the looks of who he is following on facebook. All women. I really think what set him off?? Not that Mollie was going to call the police. It was the word NO!! JMO

I honestly think what set him off was his drive to rape (imo) and kill.

And I do think he fancied himself a "player" from the looks of who he is following on facebook. All women. I really think what set him off?? Not that Mollie was going to call the police. It was the word NO!! JMO
And that is one of the identifying traits of narcissistic personality disorder. Tell them “no” and wait for the narcissistic rage.

I think I own that same flag:
71TyL0UjfDL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Light-Spring...ocphy=9010225&hvtargid=pla-319916658448&psc=1

I was saving it for after Labor Day,
but now I'm going to put mine out too in honor of Mollie.

What an awesome idea!

Oh my gosh! THAT'S IT! That's my "Mollie Flag"!

You made me smile so BIG~~thank you!

I only question two things

Why didn’t LE, when asked if the community was safe, say everyone must take extra precautions until an arrest is made?

Why did they send her Dad home, who clearly stated he wanted to be there when she returned and reluctantly went home, when they had the perp on the radar?

Breaks my heart that he was not there for his baby girl as he wanted to be.

None of know the answer but we do know that LE didn’t have this guy in their radar from day one. But even by an unsolved disappearance, by Mollie’s dad speaking out about a perp who may be holding Mollie, surely that’s enough to forewarn local residents that they must be cautious and take extra safety precautions without LE having to spell it out?

And who says Mollie’s dad was “sent home” and was not there? For all we know, he flew back and forth several times during the past few weeks and came back the night before the morning the discovery was broadcast by the media.

I think the “weirdness” is the unknown about him.

We have no history and if you look at the tiny community where he’s from, it’s frightening.

He looks normal. He doesn’t look like a murderer. And I think Mollie was not his first. And I think the next few weeks are going to expose much more about him.

Much more. And maybe more just like him.

Is it possible CR wasn't driving the Malibu and isn't the person responsible for murdering MT? Could the person responsible be the owner of the car and set CR up/threatened CR and or his family. If I remember correctly, CR used a map on his phone to lead LE to the location of MT's body. CR was living in that area for at least 4 years. It's not a large area and he would likely know the area and surrounding area fairly well. The crime was significant and it's a little odd that he would need a map to show LE where MT was and LE stated CR doesn't have a criminal record. I also find it peculiar CR's baby mama was sitting in the courtroom with their young daughter. Regardless, I want the right person held accountable. I don't want the killer out walking free with the ability to do the same unspeakable acts. It's highly likely CR is responsible but he along with everyone else in this GREAT COUNTRY deserves to be treated fair. We all know our justice system has failed many, many times and I want justice for Mollie.

I’m sorry but I respectfully disagree based on what RT said.

"Very reluctantly, I'm being told I sort of need to do this," Rob Tibbetts told ABC affiliate KCRG in Cedar Rapids. "We've called this sort of a halftime, a break."

Authorities encouraged the missing jogger's family to return to their day-to-day lives, Rob Tibbetts told KCRG, adding that he still feels confident his daughter will be found.

Dad of missing Iowa jogger 'reluctantly' returns home to California

We'll have to disagree on the sentiments of what happened. IMO, encouraging a man to take care of himself is not that same as sending the man away for LE's own benefit. I don't get even what people are hinting at anyway...let's send the dad away and viola we produce a fake perp?

People really think LE was being tricky and corrupt with this case?? And if they were, why would it matter if the dad was there or not? Not really looking for anyone to answer that question, by the way. It's absurdity upon absurdity.

IMO, the father reluctantly returned to CA because what other feeling would he have but reluctance? Everyone felt reluctance at that point. LE felt reluctant that the father was leaving without finding his daughter. That's a kind and thoughtful emotion, not a conspiracy to get rid of him.

jmopinion, which doesn't have to match anyone else's opinion

Factor in his slim build, he weighs not much more than 50kg, he is definitely on the short/slight end of the spectrum, I can easily see him having issues with this.
If Wikipedia is to be believed, average height for an adult male in the US is 5’9” and average height for a US Latino male is 5’8”.

And in no way, shape or form am I victim blaming here, but I used to walk gravel roads in Ohio, sparsely populated, with tall cornfields on both sides and there were times my spidey senses would go off when I heard a car approaching and I would jump into the cornfield until they passed. This is a wake up call for women to pay attention to their surroundings and to be prepared to take whatever action necessary to protect themselves.

She DID take action, though, and was aware of her surroundings. She told him to leave her alone, threatened to call the police, and ran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734