IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find this very fishy as well. I believe from everything I read they told the father to go home on the 20th and if I am reading correctly they were already talking to CR on the 20th. So if they had CR in talks then why did they tell the father to go home?

If CR is so "cooperative" to the police why are there so many unanswered questions.

Did he throw her in the trunk while she was alive or dead?
Why was her head bleeding?

If there are no knives or guns involved here, I would assume she was either alive when thrown in the trunk and maybe died in the struggle (cutting her head on something in the trunk) or he gave her enough of a blow to where it caused some kind of head force trauma then he threw her dead body in the trunk.

I think the report said she had the headphones still on when he removed her from the trunk so I would assume strangulation is a possibility as well.

Also CR just went back to his daily life and was never going to mention any of this to anybody and just let her lie there for who knows how long before someone finds her?

No, I think you're not reading it correctly. The father went home a couple of days before they talked to CR. (As I understood the press conference, anyway.)

As to your questions, CR's story includes a very convenient blackout that would prevent him from answering them.

As to the question in your last paragraph--the answer is: "Yes. That's what murderers do."

Last edited:
Still curious as to how his employer was paying him if he had another name. How many id's does this guy have?
Has anyone had to recently get their drivers license renewed? Lawt a mercy! Talk about jumping through hoops! The list of approved documents needed is unreal. So how does someone even aquire a fake ID anymore?? Used to be easy in the old days when you faked an ID to get into a bar. Kids these days will never know that "luxury" so to speak. lol

I put out a new house flag today, in honor of Mollie. I'll put it out every fall. It has 3 jars with lit candles inside, hanging from a tree limb...

And it says: "Be a Light to the World."

RIP, adorable, light-filled Mollie. I won't forget you.

I think I own that same flag:
71TyL0UjfDL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Light-Spring...ocphy=9010225&hvtargid=pla-319916658448&psc=1

I was saving it for after Labor Day,
but now I'm going to put mine out too in honor of Mollie.

What an awesome idea!

I see you are new to the forum. Stick around and you'll find criminals lie about the details of their crimes all the time and you are taking his statement as reality.

Not to mention we have no idea when they started telling her dad to go home.

Oh yea I know they lie all the time. Thats why I'm not taking his statement as 100% truth it doesn't add up. Not buying a story of "she told me she was calling the police and then I don't remember anything until I saw a headphone earpiece and checked the trunk."

Has anyone had to recently get their drivers license renewed? Lawt a mercy! Talk about jumping through hoops! The list of approved documents needed is unreal. So how does someone even aquire a fake ID anymore?? Used to be easy in the old days when you faked an ID to get into a bar. Kids these days will never know that "luxury" so to speak. lol

50 dollars cash will get you all you need.. easy. A real ID as you mention is much harder.

I live in a state with some of the toughest gun laws in the country so some might have to jump through hoops to do it legally. I know someone right now that has been waiting 2 years to get a concealed/carry.
Some states it is as easy as 123.
Mine.... I'm in a no permit needed state. I have on occasion, when I am out and about late at night, taken full advantage of it. That being said, my husband and son took me to the range to get me familiar with gun handling and safety.

Graphic warning:

Someone who works with dairy cattle everyday would have easy access to a cattle prod. These electric prods are used to move a stubborn 1500 lb animal by generating between 4,000-5,000 volts of electrical pain.

50094_1.jpg

"Cattle prods are the precursor to direct contact electric stun guns used against humans, and their basic operating principles are the same. The major differences are primarily in the matter of size and power: cattle prods tend to have a higher electric current and a longer handle than stun guns, which is helpful when dealing with very large, powerful animals, and hence its attractiveness to torturers."

Pages behind, so forgive me if this has been mentioned.
In the Lucas Hernandez case, Emily Glass took the private investigator to Lucas' remains. Listen as Emily Glass leads investigator to Lucas Hernandez's body
Yet she was still free and committed suicide. This was for the DA to avoid double jeopardy. No charges yet in death of Lucas Hernandez; Emily Glass released :(
And no cause of death could be determined for Lucas.
Just because someone "confesses" per se and even takes LE to the body of the victim does not mean it is the "end game".
In this case, yes I think it is.
Just my own opinion and RIP dear Mollie and Lucas along with every other precious soul we have lost.
The world is much "lessened" with each act of evil.
Chi

Last edited:
Yea I am sure the autopsy/trial will provide some answers. I think someone said in another post that its still a murder charge even if they conclude she was alive when put in the car and died enroute, because she was forcefully put in there.

It'd be a murder charge of he did something to unlawfully cause her death. (And I hope that his lawyer doesn't have the nerve to claim it was self defense.)

I'm not sure quite what you have in mind, but if she was forcefully put in the car while alive, that's more relevant to a charge of kidnapping.

I think the “weirdness” is the unknown about him.

We have no history and if you look at the tiny community where he’s from, it’s frightening.

He looks normal. He doesn’t look like a murderer. And I think Mollie was not his first. And I think the next few weeks are going to expose much more about him.

Much more. And maybe more just like him.
How long does it take for his DNA and fingerprints to be cross-referenced with national or international databases?

That's for a long gun I believe. I think handguns are 21 across the board.........someone correct me if I'm wrong.
In Iowa it’s 18 for long guns, 21 for handguns. But it’s a moot point - joggers packing heat is not a solution any of us want.

(Sorry, I originally mistyped 28 for long guns instead of 18. My fingers are old and this iPhone is small.)

Last edited:
Can we talk about the vehicle? Who owned it? If CR didn't own it, was it returned to the person and did that person ever go into their trunk? Has CR's residence been searched? Any additional warrants? Did he have help after the fact? Did anyone at all send in a tip?

I'm curious about how his employer knew him by one name (still yet to be provided publicly) and he went by his real name CR within the community and on SM. Being such a small community, how did this go unnoticed? I mean, he's getting checks, presumably in his fake name, no?

I only question two things

Why didn’t LE, when asked if the community was safe, say everyone must take extra precautions until an arrest is made?

Why did they send her Dad home, who clearly stated he wanted to be there when she returned and reluctantly went home, when they had the perp on the radar?

Breaks my heart that he was not there for his baby girl as he wanted to be.

Last edited:
I put out a new house flag today, in honor of Mollie. I'll put it out every fall. It has 3 jars with lit candles inside, hanging from a tree limb...

And it says: "Be a Light to the World."

RIP, adorable, light-filled Mollie. I won't forget you.

I had not actually cried yet but your post brought on the tears. Mollie truly was adorable and light-filled. My chest hurts with grief for her and her family and all who loved her. RIP sweet girl.

5’6” has ‘short man syndrome’? No, he’s not on the tall end of the spectrum but he has plenty of peers much shorter than him. And lots of women no taller than that. I doubt he has much of a complex about it.
Factor in his slim build, he weighs not much more than 50kg, he is definitely on the short/slight end of the spectrum, I can easily see him having issues with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member