IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be a murder charge of he did something to unlawfully cause her death. (And I hope that his lawyer doesn't have the nerve to claim it was self defense.)

I'm not sure quite what you have in mind, but if she was forcefully put in the car while alive, that's more relevant to a charge of kidnapping.

I'm just trying to look at all the possibilities since there are gaps in the info that has been released though as some other posters said they might already know these answers and aren't releasing some of them at this time. I would assume the most likely one is he either strangled her or gave her a fatal blow to the head or a combination of both then put her in the car.

Graphic warning:

Someone who works with dairy cattle everyday would have easy access to a cattle prod. These electric prods are used to move a stubborn 1500 lb animal by generating between 4,000-5,000 volts of electrical pain.

50094_1.jpg

"Cattle prods are the precursor to direct contact electric stun guns used against humans, and their basic operating principles are the same. The major differences are primarily in the matter of size and power: cattle prods tend to have a higher electric current and a longer handle than stun guns, which is helpful when dealing with very large, powerful animals, and hence its attractiveness to torturers."
No. My gosh, we play with these and zap each other. Yes, it hurts but it’s not like a taser or anything.

5’6” has ‘short man syndrome’? No, he’s not on the tall end of the spectrum but he has plenty of peers much shorter than him. And lots of women no taller than that. I doubt he has much of a complex about it.
And I do think he fancied himself a "player" from the looks of who he is following on facebook. All women. I really think what set him off?? Not that Mollie was going to call the police. It was the word NO!! JMO

Cristhian Rivera: Suspect in Mollie Tibbetts' killing gave false ID to employer - CNN

Farm that hired Cristhian Rivera, Mollie Tibbetts' suspected killer, did not use E-Verify system, official says

Cristhian Rivera, charged in Mollie Tibbetts' death, worked at a farm owned by a prominent Iowa Republican family

By all indications it is suspected Christhian Rivera is here illegally. His lawyer stated in his gag order motion that he believed Rivera was here legally because Craig Lang verified he was. This has been corrected by the Lang's. The Lang's later came out stating they used the SS system to verify status, as opposed to the E-Verify system, which they originally stated. Rivera presented them with false identification.

CNN - In applying for the job, Rivera provided a state ID and Social Security card that was verified through the Social Security Administration's verification system, according to Lang. But those forms of ID were not of Rivera, he said.

Fox News - However, Yarrabee Farms co-owner and manager Dane Lang clarified Wednesday afternoon that the farm did not use a federal E-Verify check on suspect Cristhian Rivera, despite the company's claim earlier in the day that it did.

Lang said Rivera provided a state-issued photo identification and social security card. “We learned that our employee was not who he said he is.”

Des Moines Register - Editor's Note - Yarabee Farms, Cristhian Rivera's employer, said Tuesday that they had used the federal E-Verify program to vet Rivera's identity. On Wednesday, officials from the farm acknowledged they had not used the E-Verify system and that Rivera had given them false information.

Also, there are no records of Rivera in DACA.

US Citizenship and Immigration Services spokesperson Michael Bars told CNN that Rivera did not make any requests for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, or DACA, that might have provided him legal status in the US.

"We have found no record in our systems indicating he has any lawful immigration status," Bars said.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services told Fox News: "A search of records by USCIS revealed Rivera did not make any DACA requests nor were any grants given. We have found no record in our systems indicating he has any lawful immigration status."

Gag Order Motion

Gag Order Tibbetts

Just trying to catch up, thank you for this. Unfortunately this is all too common and one would think a ssc would be enough. Shows how deceptive this guy is. I bet we will find many more indications like this about his character and will have a very good idea exactly what kind of killer they are dealing with. Can't wait for psychological/ intelligence test results.

Can we talk about the vehicle? Who owned it? If CR didn't own it, was it returned to the person and did that person ever go into their trunk? Has CR's residence been searched? Any additional warrants? Did he have help after the fact? Did anyone at all send in a tip?

As of now, the owner of the vehicle has not been charged with anything, so I doubt we could discuss him/her.
I have no idea who owns it.

Do we know what name his coworkers knew him by? Any info on the owner of the car he was allegedly driving? I hate to say this but I have a strange feeling about the arrest in this case. It just seems all to convenient that LE wraps it up all of a sudden. Something is just not right.

The arrest may seem all of a sudden to you but it certainly wasn't all of a sudden for the police. They put in hours upon hours and days upon days of work to make this arrest.

Good Morning! Already drank a pot of coffee thank you.

I have a question that I do not know if this has been asked or posted or if anyone even knows of if I missed it.

Why did it take this neighbor with the security camera footage so long to turn it in to LE??

I read in MSM that it was found on LE canvas of neighborhood that LE found out about the security cans and a resident turned system/content over to LE. LE itself has said that it took "hours and hours" of review to go through and find the pertinent footage. Likely resident who had security cams did not realize how important this video could be. Sounds like good work on the part of LE, to seine through through the 600+ homes in Brooklyn and a pile of digital evidence to find the one bit that broke the case. This is why DCI asked for FBI help, though I am sure it was a joint effort!

Earlier in our discussion, it was shared that a burglary had occurred near DJ’s home on the day she ran. What are your thoughts on that now? Unrelated?

Yeah, unrelated. Other side of town.

Has anyone had to recently get their drivers license renewed? Lawt a mercy! Talk about jumping through hoops! The list of approved documents needed is unreal. So how does someone even aquire a fake ID anymore?? Used to be easy in the old days when you faked an ID to get into a bar. Kids these days will never know that "luxury" so to speak. lol

LOL funny and yes I just renewed my license and got the Real ID. OMG yes, I even had to dig up my divorce decree to prove why my last name is different from my birth certificate because I could not find my marriage license.
So it just amazes me that someone who is not a citizen gets their hands on these fake ones but supposedly that is supposed to change with these new licenses which I believe everyone has to have by 2020 or they will not be able to get into a federal building or fly in the USA. What will keep them from copying the new one though?
Personally I did not have a problem with it once it was over because this is what it has come down to.

It'd be a murder charge of he did something to unlawfully cause her death. (And I hope that his lawyer doesn't have the nerve to claim it was self defense.)

I'm not sure quite what you have in mind, but if she was forcefully put in the car while alive, that's more relevant to a charge of kidnapping.

Defendant can be charged with first degree murder if MT died as a result of kidnapping, a forcible felony pursuant to IA 707.2 (1)(b).
upload_2018-8-23_9-23-43.png

I only question two things

Why didn’t LE, when asked if the community was safe, say everyone must take extra precautions until an arrest is made?

Why did they send her Dad home, who clearly stated he wanted to be there when she returned and reluctantly went home, when the had the perp on the radar?

Breaks my heart that he was not their for his baby girl as he wanted to be.
IMO, they didn't "send" the father home. He lives in a different state and had been in Iowa for a month searching for his missing daughter. He was likely exhausted and perhaps his funds were too. There is no script to follow when it comes to this, and there is a limit to what the father could actually DO while in Iowa.

The sad fact of life is....life goes on.

I don't think LE told the father to go home, but I'm sure they supported the idea for his own good. Anyone who supported or encouraged the decision did it out of kindness to the father, not because they wanted him gone for their own good.

LE had an ongoing investigation. They didn't pinpoint the suspect and interview him until after the father was gone. At that point, they had NO IDEA the suspect would confess and lead them to the body.

Of course it's heartbreaking, as you mention, the father wasn't there when LE broke the case. But the whole dang thing is heartbreaking. Coming up with conspiracy theories, imo, is taking advantage of a tragedy for sensational purposes, and that is unkind at best.

jmopinion

I'm curious about how his employer knew him by one name (still yet to be provided publicly) and he went by his real name CR within the community and on SM. Being such a small community, how did this go unnoticed? I mean, he's getting checks, presumably in his fake name, no?

One possible source of confusion might be the naming practices of his culture. As a Mexican, there's a good chance that he'd have a 'double' last name. (Mother's last name and father's last name.)

So, for example, if someone knew that his paychecks were made out to Christian Hernandez, it'd be easy to assume that his name was really Christian Hernandez Rivera. (Hernandez being arbitrarily picked for the sake of the example.)

And I can't be the only person who has family members who hate their given name and have chosen either their middle name, or a completely arbitrary name of their own choosing, to be called by.

I find this very fishy as well. I believe from everything I read they told the father to go home on the 20th and if I am reading correctly they were already talking to CR on the 20th. So if they had CR in talks then why did they tell the father to go home?

If CR is so "cooperative" to the police why are there so many unanswered questions.

Did he throw her in the trunk while she was alive or dead?
Why was her head bleeding?

If there are no knives or guns involved here, I would assume she was either alive when thrown in the trunk and maybe died in the struggle (cutting her head on something in the trunk) or he gave her enough of a blow to where it caused some kind of head force trauma then he threw her dead body in the trunk.

I think the report said she had the headphones still on when he removed her from the trunk so I would assume strangulation is a possibility as well.

Also CR just went back to his daily life and was never going to mention any of this to anybody and just let her lie there for who knows how long before someone finds her?
I think a lot of unanswered questions will be answered during the trial, don't u?

Yea thats what I was getting at, so if they had a scuffle and she was forced into the car while still alive, but died sometime in the trunk he was still in the act of kidnapping which is a forceable felony and it would still be a murder charge.

I also wouldn't be shocked if his lawyer tried pulling some self defense garbage.

Pages behind, so forgive me if this has been mentioned.
In the Lucas Hernandez case, Emily Glass took the private investigator to Lucas' remains. Listen as Emily Glass leads investigator to Lucas Hernandez's body
Yet she was still free and committed suicide. This was for the DA to avoid double jeopardy. No charges yet in death of Lucas Hernandez; Emily Glass released :(
Just because someone "confesses" per se and even takes LE to the body of the victim does not mean it is the "end game".
In this case, yes I think it is.
Just my own opinion and RIP dear Mollie and Lucas along with every other precious soul we have lost.
The world is much "lessened" with each act of evil.
Chi
I think that coupled with the fact that there were videos and quite possibly physical evidence that ties CR to MT during her last hours, this case will be more "air tight" than LH's. Let us pray it is anyways.

Last edited:
This thread was created to find Mollie. Now it is a thread devoted to CR. We need to stop giving him all this attention including the media. He’s not even worth mentioning let alone talking about him 24/7.
I don't agree. It is getting to know the killer that will help prove his motivation and get him locked up for life. This is the best thing for Mollie and especially her family and everyone that knew and loved her.

One possible source of confusion might be the naming practices of his culture. As a Mexican, there's a good chance that he'd have a 'double' last name. (Mother's last name and father's last name.)

So, for example, if someone knew that his paychecks were made out to Christian Hernandez, it'd be easy to assume that his name was really Christian Hernandez Rivera. (Hernandez being arbitrarily picked for the sake of the example.)

And I can't be the only person who has family members who hate their given name and have chosen either their middle name, or a completely arbitrary name of their own choosing, to be called by.
Good point! But what if the name isn't even close to what he went by? I guess we will find out when the name comes out...if it's really different I will continue to be baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jboo1119