IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what name his coworkers knew him by? Any info on the owner of the car he was allegedly driving? I hate to say this but I have a strange feeling about the arrest in this case. It just seems all to convenient that LE wraps it up all of a sudden. Something is just not right.

"Wrapping it up all of a sudden" is a pretty common occurance, in cases of this sort. We haven't seen the work LE has been doing, the hundreds of interviews, most of which produce nothing of interest, the hundreds of hours watching security camera videos, most of which have nothing of interest on them... then they find one of interest, find a suspect, put pressure on him, and he leads them to her body...which is reasonable proof of his criminal involvement.

To put it another way, I think that from the standpoint of LE, there was no "all of a sudden" about it.

And what is "not right" is that CR murdered Mollie. IMHO, of course. Possibly IMNSHO.

He was really short for a man nowadays.

I definitely assume he has 'short man syndrome' when I look at his pictures. That is, a small man who acts overly aggressive to overcome the way he believes other people perceive him.

Its average or even above average for a Latino.

>>snip

His colleagues were stunned Tuesday to learn that he was not only the suspect in Tibbetts' death, but that he had a different real name than what he went by on the farm, he said.

"Our employee is not who he said he was," Lang said at a news conference at the farm. "This was shocking to us."

When Rivera was hired in 2014, he presented an out-of-state government-issued photo identification and a matching Social Security card, he said. That information was run through the Social Security Administration's employment-verification system and checked out, he said.

Mollie Tibbetts murder suspect worked under fake name

I’m sure half the restaurant, landscaping and construction workforce in this US aren’t who they say they are haha.

I watched a show on trafficking, or maybe it was a show on SK victims in NM? How it’s very hard because many illegals have long names with variations and/or aliases.

I hope this post doesn’t cross over into illegal territory (no pun intended), if so, mods please delete.

Really shoddy work which concerns me. We do not need to have two trials for this murderer. I hope whoever hired him wises up and fires him.
my own suspicion is that he was not hired but volunteered himself, pro bono, as in this is a great chance for a mediocre lawyer to get untold advertisement. He is a candidate for state office, so he can get great free advertising here. Wonder if he'll want to hang around after the election?

Last edited:
Right. I thought about that after I posted. I actually got my first catcall at the age of 9-10 from men at a construction site, which is pretty sick if you ask me. When I made that comment earlier it was more about the majority of women in the middle of the country who live a simpler life.

Hahaha I was wanting to mention construction sites myself, lol.

So, there was a post I had made way back about how I was approached while walking by 2 men and they circled around but I was ready for them. I couldn’t mace both of them but was able to call 911 instead. It gives me shudders that Mollie was not so lucky.

This incident will be made political in the news cycle. It is simply human nature to see everything through your own political lens. It is like how people try to use the names of mass shooting victims immediately after an incident to further their political agenda when it comes to gun control, etc. Obviously, on WS we need to stay above that sort of thing.
This incident can't avoid being made political in the news cycle. It is simply human nature to see everything through your own political lens. It is like how people try to use the names of mass shooting victims immediately after an incident to further their political agenda when it comes to gun control, etc. Obviously, on WS we need to stay above that sort of thing.
I read this morning that the perp and his lawyer are demanding he not be called an illegal alien. Talk about politicizing! If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck......

We are told there was a confession, but do we really know there was one? I don’t want to sound crazy, but this is the first time I have felt this way about a case. LE telling the family to go on with their lives, then Boom an arrest, confession and body found. Something is off.

I find this very fishy as well. I believe from everything I read they told the father to go home on the 20th and if I am reading correctly they were already talking to CR on the 20th. So if they had CR in talks then why did they tell the father to go home?

If CR is so "cooperative" to the police why are there so many unanswered questions.

Did he throw her in the trunk while she was alive or dead?
Why was her head bleeding?

If there are no knives or guns involved here, I would assume she was either alive when thrown in the trunk and maybe died in the struggle (cutting her head on something in the trunk) or he gave her enough of a blow to where it caused some kind of head force trauma then he threw her dead body in the trunk.

I think the report said she had the headphones still on when he removed her from the trunk so I would assume strangulation is a possibility as well.

Also CR just went back to his daily life and was never going to mention any of this to anybody and just let her lie there for who knows how long before someone finds her?

I volunteer every weekend to drive truckloads if food and water to homeless camps throughout the city. There are many undocumented here. I will always do what I can.

I am not an expert but I know this.

1. In one camp there are 123 kids who go to local schools. That’s 4 classrooms.

2. In one camp there are 5 people who require dialysis through an emergency room 3 times a week. The average Er dialysis treatment is $25,000.00. $25,000.00 x3 x 5 = $375,000.00/week.

I am working to estimate the medical, financial assistance and misc. costs taxpayers shell out. I know that the estimated cost of food we deliver to one camp is over $3,500.00 and we are 1 if 4 groups doing it.

For dialysis and food and water alone the costs are nearly $20 MILLION DOLLARS.

think about that for awhile.

Thank you for this, many people have NO idea what it cost taxpayers.

I agree, but if you are not old enough to pack and carry what do you propose? do the best you can with what you can or just give up, either sit at home and be afraid or go on about your life and defend yourself as best you can?
Yes obviously this would only benefit anyone over 21 years old. Sad that a woman can't stinking go outside in a small town (or any town for that matter) for a jog without something like this happening. Makes me so mad!

'Isabelle said:
I hate to say this but I have a strange feeling about the arrest in this case. It just seems all to convenient that LE wraps it up all of a sudden. Something is just not right.'

For me I think LE should have actively gone looking for CCTV; not waited for someone to respond to a call for CCTV. There are very good reasons for me saying what I've said. So they received the CCTV footage between 3 and 4 weeks into a missing persons case; I believe it could have been obtained sooner.

they got it that is what is important. if they had had it the first week do you think it would have made a difference? maybe they could have got him sooner, but do you think that would change her being deceased or not?

I don’t even really want to admit it, but I have a strange feeling about it as well.

I think the “weirdness” is the unknown about him.

We have no history and if you look at the tiny community where he’s from, it’s frightening.

He looks normal. He doesn’t look like a murderer. And I think Mollie was not his first. And I think the next few weeks are going to expose much more about him.

Much more. And maybe more just like him.

I find this very fishy as well. I believe from everything I read they were talking to this guy on the 20th and if I am reading correctly they were already talking to CR on the 20th. So if they had CR in talks then why did they tell the father to go home?

If CR is so "cooperative" to the police why are there so many unanswered questions.

If there are no knives or guns involved here, I would assume she was either alive when thrown in the trunk and maybe died in the struggle (cutting her head on something in the trunk) or he gave her enough of a blow to where it caused some kind of head force trauma then he threw her dead body in the trunk.

I think the report said she had the headphones still on when he removed her from the trunk so I would assume strangulation is a possibility as well.

Also CR just went back to his daily life and was never going to mention any of this to anybody and just let her lie there for who knows how long before someone finds her?

Just because WE don't know the answer, doesn't mean the questions are unanswered. CR may be lying about what happened, but that doesn't mean he didn't kill her. The details will come out in the trial.

And yes, many many killers continue on with their normal routine after killing. Russell Williams went to work while he had his victims tied up in house and no one suspected a thing. Par for the course.

I live in a state with some of the toughest gun laws in the country so some might have to jump through hoops to do it legally. I know someone right now that has been waiting 2 years to get a concealed/carry.
Some states it is as easy as 123.
Indiana here. Easy as 123......but still had to go down the proper avenues to obtain my conceal and carry.

I definitely assume he has 'short man syndrome' when I look at his pictures. That is, a small man who acts overly aggressive to overcome the way he believes other people perceive him.
5’6” has ‘short man syndrome’? No, he’s not on the tall end of the spectrum but he has plenty of peers much shorter than him. And lots of women no taller than that. I doubt he has much of a complex about it.

This is an interesting comment. Can you elaborate on what you find too convenient? It looks very straightforward to me - they found his car on a video - tracked him down - he led them to her body. Boom - end of story.
Exactly. The very fact that he knew where the body was, in the long run, is all that is needed for it to be valid. Plus, I've read several times that once SKs are caught, they WANT to talk. They WANT credit for their "work." This little man hiding behind a false name for years has pulled off something that has made national headlines. I think he wanted his credit.

LE's work on this case seems methodical, plodding at times, shoe-leather to the concrete as they canvassed neighborhoods where her digital apparatuses said she had been, they talked to hundreds of people, fielded thousands of tips. No, LE worked this case the old-fashioned way and they got their man after countless hours of sweat and frustration.

That would never happen in another country. Imagine an American Citizen, staying illegally in another country, murdering an innocent person and then going to court with an outrageous request such as that. Never happen and shouldn't happen here, imo. Justice needs to be served for our citizens not illegals.

bbm

That would violate our Constitution. You really want that? A fair judicial system is something to be proud of.

I'm not understanding the desire to tear down our systems out of anger at others. That's self-destructive, imo

jmopinion

I find this very fishy as well. I believe from everything I read they told the father to go home on the 20th and if I am reading correctly they were already talking to CR on the 20th. So if they had CR in talks then why did they tell the father to go home?

I see you are new to the forum. Stick around and you'll find criminals lie about the details of their crimes all the time and you are taking his statement as reality.

Not to mention we have no idea when they started telling her dad to go home.

Just because WE don't know the answer, doesn't mean the questions are unanswered. CR may be lying about what happened, but that doesn't mean he didn't kill her. The details will come out in the trial.

And yes, many many killers continue on with their normal routine after killing. Russell Williams went to work while he had his victims tied up in house and no one suspected a thing. Par for the course.

Yea I am sure the autopsy/trial will provide some answers. I think someone said in another post that its still a murder charge even if they conclude she was alive when put in the car and died enroute, because she was forcefully put in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734