IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it for what it is worth...he goes off on tangents but has great visuals right now.
{not endorsing anything he says, sometimes he is right-on, sometimes not...so just saying} Hughes live now.
jmo
And if I need to get this link deleted or it offends anyone, I understand and I am very sorry.
Chi (treading lightly)

Who's to say he was missing? The whole episode might have taken no more than an hour, it's possible he wasn't missed at all during that period of time.

Livestock facilities where animals are kept together in close quarters, including dairies, typically have showers on site along with changes of clothes to protect against carrying disease from one facility to another. It's possible he could have gone to the barn to shower and change into clean clothes or coveralls.
Right - I am thinking the arrest warrant had that very specific timeframe of when it occurred (abduction) they must have had a reason for this - the start time could be related to video and the end time to her FitBit/Iphone - so if he knocked her out while she was running - he could have driven around with her in the trunk for awhile and not taken her to the cornfield right away. We have heard nothing regarding the state of the body (decomposition) and with all the rain.... IMO

I thought it was going to be strangulation, or blunt force injury/injuries and strangulation. No, just no cause is any better than the other, but death by knife or some other such weapon just makes me want the power to give him Mommy justice. As a mother, my head is about to explode. I know this is an emotional and irrational statement and I'm ok with that.
I so get what you're saying. GRRR! And if he hit her to get her in the car and then stabbed her later, I mean, how long can a "black-out" last? Also, if he gets angry easily, as he allegedly stated, how long can one sustain that amount of rage it would take to stab someone for a time frame such as that? jmo

Unless he regularly keeps a change of clothes in his car since the nature of his work causes his clothes to become dirty. For instance, if he meets others at a bar after work, then he probably would want to change clothes.
Perhaps blood in the car was cleaned up at a car wash. LE was interested in the car wash.
Great points. I previously shot down the carwash theory, as it seemed completely reckless. But this crime itself, was incredibly reckless, so I’m definitely open to that possibility now.

That’s a very good point. I still think the initial encounter was simply an effort to facilitate Mollie’s removal from the road, and into the relative safety of the cornfield.

I think it’s more likely that the injuries that caused her death, were inflicted in this location.

So perhaps she was beaten in the road, placed in the trunk, taken into the cornfield, and raped (if this occurred) and stabbed there.
That’s exactly what I think this is looking like.

Great points. I previously shot down the carwash theory, as it seemed completely reckless. But this crime itself, was incredibly reckless, so I’m definitely open to that possibility now.
I also think he went to the car wash afterwards. LE was focused on the car wash for a reason.

Hmm...instead of noticing he came home dirty, I wonder if anyone noticed he came home with a clean car.

Just a hunch on my part. JMOpinion

She was abducted around the 1900 block of 385th. There are not plenty of houses around there.

Google Maps

Look at the fox news video. Google maps makes it look like nothing is there, but when the reporter walks on the road there is multiple houses the desk anchor when they go back even says "Wow I thought the area would be empty etc". Maybe they are in the wrong spot, but the street he walks on def has more than one house.

I want to find out details on her cell phone and Fitbit. Where are they, were they found with her? Was there additional electronic information that tied him to her?

I also think he went to the car wash afterwards. LE was focused on the car wash for a reason.

Hmm...instead of noticing he came home dirty, I wonder if anyone noticed he came home with a clean car.

Just a hunch on my part. JMOpinion
I wonder if he came home all wet. A self serve car wash would be a great way to thoroughly rinse one's clothes and self.

I always feel very uncomfortable when employers also own the residence of their employees. (Other than say, nannies or housekeepers, etc, who live in the actual home of the employer.) It just seems to add another layer of anonymity to the employee ~ Especially when the dwellings are in such disrepair!
"The prominent Iowa family hires a number of migrant workers and accommodates them in a series of trailers and properties, including the tumbledown dwelling on 200th Street, Brooklyn."
Pictured: The trailer on a secluded Iowa farm where Mollie Tibbetts's 'killer' lived | Daily Mail Online

That’s a very good point. I still think the initial encounter was simply an effort to facilitate Mollie’s removal from the road, and into the relative safety of the cornfield.

I think it’s more likely that the injuries that caused her death, were inflicted in this location.

So perhaps she was beaten in the road, placed in the trunk, taken into the cornfield, and raped (if this occurred) and stabbed there.
And I still do not buy his story about the 'exchange' there. I think he ambushed her and off he went with her.

But wouldn't there be footage of him cleaning that car? Aren't there cameras there?
I have no idea what the camera situation is. I simply wouldn’t be surprised if he did something that stupid, as this crime was as sloppy as it gets. Whether he did use the car wash is an unanswered question, but it does seem like something he would do.

He probably kept the knife. My guess is that he carried a knife
Right - I am thinking the arrest warrant had that very specific timeframe of when it occurred (abduction) they must have had a reason for this - the start time could be related to video and the end time to her FitBit/Iphone - so if he knocked her out while she was running - he could have driven around with her in the trunk for awhile and not taken her to the cornfield right away. We have heard nothing regarding the state of the body (decomposition) and with all the rain.... IMO

On the police map the two far right dots are significant, and may be related to fitbit data. The body was found SE of Guernsey, a location not on the map. I'm thinking that the two right dots are where Mollie was assaulted.

I have no idea what the camera situation is. I simply wouldn’t be surprised if he did something that stupid, as this crime was as sloppy as it gets. Whether he did use the car wash is an unanswered question, but it does seem like something he would do.
Right. In his mind, it's "What? I was just washing my car that day. You can't pin anything on me. People wash cars all the time."

He may have simply carried a knife as a matter of routine. Perhaps he kept one on him as an aspect of his job. It doesn’t necessarily mean that there was that level of premeditation, although that is absolutely possible.

It was probably a knife. However, as a farm worker, it could have just as easily been a screwdriver or even a machete ("sharp force injuries" include chopping injuries")

From Pathology Outlines:

Sharp force injuries
  • Injury caused by sharp or pointed weapons
  • Differentiated from lacerations by the absence of tissue bridging within the wound

Stab wound: injury from sharp weapon that is deeper than it is wide
  • Common weapons include knife, ice pick, scissors, fork
  • Stab wound on the skin should be examined to determine if it has sharp or blunt margins; this can be used to determine if the weapon had a single edged or double edged blade
  • Weapons such as a screwdriver, fork or serrated knife can leave distinctive skin patterns that can be matched to the weapon
  • Depth of penetration of the wound does not directly correlate with the length of the weapon, as it can be longer, shorter or equal to the weapon length depending upon the amount of force applied and the location on the body
  • Likewise, the length of the wound on the skin may be longer, shorter or equal to the weapon's for the same reasons
  • The guard of the knife may produce a patterned abrasion if it is stabbed with significant force into the skin; this can aid in identifying the weapon
  • If the weapon comes into contact with bone, the tip may break off and remain in the body; this can be used to identify the weapon
  • Suicidal stab wounds may show hesitation marks; i.e. multiple superficial stab wounds surrounding the final, fatal wound
  • Defense stab wounds can be found on the hands and extensor surfaces of the arms in homicidal stabbings

Incised wound: sharp force injury that is longer (as measured on the skin) than it is deep
  • Usually not fatal, except when they occur over major arteries (i.e. on the neck / arms)
  • As with stab wounds, suicidal incised wounds may be associated with hesitation marks; these marks do not rule out homicide
  • Defensive incised wounds occur on the hands and extensor surfaces of the arms in homicides

Chop wound: due to a heavy weapon that has a sharp edge, i.e. machete, axe, boat propeller
  • Commonly produces an incised wound associated with a cut into the underlying bone
  • Dull chop weapons, such as a shovel, produces more crush injury than sharp force injury

The cause of death news is heart wrenching.

IMO being a farm worker he probably had extra clothes/commonly had dirty clothes.

Are there slaughterhouses in the area? We have some in an area of my city and the hog slaughterhouses especially would make finding a body by smell extremely difficult.

I want to find out details on her cell phone and Fitbit. Where are they, were they found with her? Was there additional electronic information that tied him to her?
Nothing released that I am aware of on these details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13