IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox is showing the exact site where she was found

The 60 feet appears to be a road between two fields off a main road

They have a patch mowed down that is very close to the “road” it appears to be no more than 20x20 but hard to tell from drone view.

From that view it looked like it was fairly open, but again I have no clue its totally different to be standing there and looking at video or aerial footage.

Look at the fox news video. Google maps makes it look like nothing is there, but when the reporter walks on the road there is multiple houses the desk anchor when they go back even says "Wow I thought the area would be empty etc". Maybe they are in the wrong spot, but the street he walks on def has more than one house.

He was not at the same location.

This unfortunately is not surprising as this would have been his goal. It would not be surprising if he hit her with the car then placed her in the trunk. Oh, Mollie. Give support to the family during this time of details no mother, father, or brother ever can stand to hear.

Jodi Arias.
Sharp force injuries are those consistent with a cutting implement. You’re talking knife, scissors, box cutter etc, and probable death from blood loss.

Blunt force is something like a rock, bat, fist, etc. With something like that you’re going to see fractures and bruising.

The real question is the location of the stabbing. His account made it sound like she was dead before she was carried into the corn and dumped.

I’m now wondering if the murder actually occurred in the corn itself and if SA occurred prior to, or shortly after death.
That's what I'm thinking. Not sure about his account of her bleeding from the head is accurate, either. There had to have been alot more blood than that. All that stabbing with sharp object had to have occurred in that remote area, imo.

No wonder this guy “blocked out”. He harassed her, she rebuffs him, he hits her with something, wrangles her into the trunk, takes her to corn field, rapes her and then stabs her with something sharp....
I was hoping it was more of an inadvertent death but now I don’t believe anything he says.
The most convenient black out I’ve ever heard of... and now we know why......

That's what I'm thinking. Not sure about his account of her bleeding from the head is accurate, either. There had to have been alot more blood than that. All that stabbing with sharp object had to have occurred in that remote area, imo.
He may have punched her in the head in order to render her unable to fight back, and allow him to transport her. So the blood could be explained that way, if that’s even true.

It sounds like a very messy murder, in addition to the head injury. I think his girlfriend needs to answer questions about what she knows about July 18. I'm partially wondering whether she suspected something but chose to remain silent because she relies on him to provide for her and their daughter.
I’m sure she is being put thru the ringer. As she should. But I will say there is a very good chance she had no clue.
I would love to say a lot more but I fret over upsetting others and or gettin in trouble. Lots of proven facts often offend others.
Did the gf grow up in Iowa? Not tryin to sleuth her. She’s a victim in my eyes

Added... ita very messy. This shouldn’t be a hard one I don’t think.

It was probably a knife. However, as a farm worker, it could have just as easily been a screwdriver or even a machete ("sharp force injuries" include chopping injuries")

He worked at a dairy farm, not a sugar cane plantation. Machete's aren't standard issue, and it's not likely something an employee would carry with him all the time anyway.

A folding knife makes more sense.

Could be knife, pen, really anything sharp.

His clothes might have been in his trunk. Or maybe hidden in the farm somewhere. Maybe it was his shirt they found. Maybe he used the farm industrial hose and hosed himself off. Obviously, we are not getting details on all the evidence they have so far to protect their investigation.

All I can say is, this is one sick mother effer. It makes sense why they said the crime was so heinous.

Not to be too graphic but if she was out in the elements a month the condition of her body would be pretty bad I would think.

She was covered, and actually being a bit covered does help delay the process - at least I have heard from Forensic Files.

How are the Feds involved - what grounds do they have for this case? Serious question. I hadn't known that was an option in this case to make it federal.

jmo

I posited it as a "what if", but...civil rights violation along with kidnapping resulting in death as the offender is a foreign national (in the current political environment) residing illegaly in this country at the time (he had to illegally cross an international border to eventually commit the crime) with an out-of state ID (had to cross a state line somewhere to maintain his faux persona) used to drive the crime vehicle; or something out of the Patriot act as this is a foreign national, all come to mind.

And all of this could be construed as bootstrapping by the Feds, however, I only meant it as a means to pressure a plea deal, and perhaps bring anti-death penalty groups to become involved, who would pay for a dream team legal defense!

Because I don't believe a word the perp says, I keep wondering if her body was truly there on that first night. I also wouldn't be surprised if he put her there much later- days or even weeks. It's not as cut and dry as he says, that's for certain. I just have this feeling she wasn't put there that night. MOO[/QUOTE

Horrible thought: dairy farms probably have cooler rooms of some kind. I hope the perp did not have access to them.

Good point. There was no mention of a blow to the head, though perhaps there was but it wasn't mentioned as today's info was about cause of death.

I was thinking he punched her and that's how he got her into the trunk. Maybe he threatened with the knife? Run and grab her?

The logistics are starting to fall into place, but still murky.

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members