IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think the use of dogs is necessarily indicative of law enforcement looking for a crime scene. This search was conducted after the autopsy concluded the cause of death was “multiple sharp force injuries.” They may have been looking for a bloody knife, or clothing.

Given his crime, I don't know that his lies can be parsed. He may well simply be a person who lies. Even about forgetting that he killed someone. I also don't believe he wanted win her favor and didn't intend to hurt her. JMO

Because most people who have horrendous experiences in any country don't hunt down women and inflict multiple sharp force injuries when the woman isn't interested in them. Or may not have even seen him coming and wasn't even given the opportunity to reject him.

If he ambushed her, which is more plausible than stopping the car, running to catch up with her and running alongside her, then having to somehow incapacitate her and drag her back to the car, or convince her to walk back to his car and get in the trunk, he is beyond someone who's seeking legitimacy. Again, JMO
He may even be the type of person that actually believes his own lies.

Now that they know CR used a sharp object, there would have had to be a lot of blood. They must not have found much blood inside the trunk of the Malibu or at the cornfield where Mollie was found, hence the search of the home/trailer CR was living in? I just feel like there is so much more to this search MOO

They are always good, same old story

Mollie has a different version
that's true. nobody suspects many terrorists because they seem so normal, but there is that other side. and those people who are living in or grew up in domestic situations know that sometimes men can play nice with the public while treating the people they are closest to very badly.

I don’t believe for a second that his was anything but a planned and executed assault.

He had lived in the country long enough to realize that approaching a woman on the street, especially one who was running, wasn’t a gateway to some further relationship.

From what we know, he had been around women, had a girlfriend, and at the very least, was aware of social norms.

He saw Mollie, and he had to have her. Whether he initially intended to kill her, I’m not sure. But I absolutely believe that he intended to have her sexually, no matter what she had to say about it. The result speaks for itself.
I do agree this was somewhat planned. There was no blood evidence on the road and if it was a random attack wouldn’t there be blood on the road from whatever the sharp object was? My theory is that he somehow abducted her and then stabbed her in the corn fields. (JMO)

Now that they know CR used a sharp object, there would have had to be a lot of blood. They must not have found much blood inside the trunk of the Malibu or at the cornfield where Mollie was found, hence the search of the home/trailer CR was living in? I just feel like there is so much more to this search MOO
I think they were just trying to locate the murder weapon and any clothing of his or other objects that might have Mollie's blood on them.

I don’t think the use of dogs is necessarily indicative of law enforcement looking for a crime scene. This search was conducted after the autopsy concluded the cause of death was “multiple sharp force injuries.” They may have been looking for a bloody knife, or clothing.
Bloody clothes, indeed. I wonder where he put them.

I think he may have held her and then placed her in the field after she had died. I still think she was in the field by WC farm to try to implicate him. JMOO

I don’t want to be graphic but they have referred to her body and not her remains

After 30 days in the hot elements she would have been in pretty bad shape

I pray she wasn’t held captive but it’s a good possibility

I do agree this was somewhat planned. There was no blood evidence on the road and if it was a random attack wouldn’t there be blood on the road from whatever the sharp object was? My theory is that he somehow abducted her and then stabbed her in the corn fields. (JMO)
maybe not. it did rain very shortly after that before they even started looking even.

Is this the map your looking for? Google Maps
If you zoom out on this map, where the road on the north east side of brooklyn makes the 2 curves. The next road you can turn on is v21, his house is the house closest to I-80 on the map, the body was found on the other side of I-80 (south) and west a couple miles. Not sure if he abducted her where the bend is or not. To quote someone here, 6 minutes to his house from that corner.

His confession doesn't match todays developments, IMO.

I'm glad the FBI is going thru his house, I don't see him driving past with someone in the trunk and not stopping. I think there is a lot more to this story.

Family, attorney of Mollie Tibbetts' suspected killer fight back

The aunt said that Rivera — whom she described as a good father to his daughter — lived with Monarrez until about a year and a half ago, when the couple broke up. Monarrez has since moved out of the area.

"He was a good person. He was a jokester," the aunt said of Rivera, through a translator. "For us, he was a good and normal person. Not aggressive or violent, no. He was normal just like us."
Listening to the interview with the lawyer I started getting a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Couldn't even finish watching. I'm not sure what's going to happen at trial, now. Crazy like a fox.

I am thinking there is going to be an additional place he had her, for how long I am undecided. I am also starting to wonder if not only he was involved but a buddy too. I didn't think any of this but am starting to wrap my head a little bit around some of what others have said that sounded left field to me at that moment in time

Yes. I think he punched her in the head and knocked her out. Took her to the corn fields whilst still alive and then killed her. Still unsure if sexual assault occurred, but it wouldnt surprise me if it had.
I agree on this as a likely scenario, and at the risk of being repetitive (the posts on Mollie's thread are so amazingly frequent, I sometimes feel justified in repeating a few things in case they were missed, apologies in advance), I think he clobbered her from behind while she was running and unaware of his presence with something like a blunt object (maybe his fist, maybe a tire iron, maybe the handle of the sharp object he killed her with, (sorry)) because he told LE when he went to the trunk of his car after realizing he had someone in it (due to earbuds he said he saw in his lap when he "came to" in the seat of his car after "blacking out") he observed she had blood on the side of her head.

She was therefore possibly unconscious from the start of the encounter from head trauma when he put her in the trunk, and he did the rest of the abuse and murder to her all the while that she was incapacitated - dragging her into the corn field, etc. I wouldn't put it past him to take full advantage of assaulting and killing a disabled, helpless victim who couldn't fight back. JMO of course

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member