IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018 *Arrest* #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They normally don't advise a defendant at arraignment that he could have to register as a sexual offender if it isn't a sexual offense of some type charged. I swear I heard him so advised.
I'm surprised we haven't heard about other charges. Maybe they're still getting their ducks in a row. Even if there was no SA, just from what I know, he's guilty of illegal immigration, ID fraud , driving without a license, and criminal trespass. Probably multiple accounts of stalking, too, although I don't know that that can be proved.

It’s been a strange case, RT was very vocal and very sure she was being held somewhere

LE said the community was not in danger

Rumors where flying around this case because of the contrasting stories

The kids are linked to CR’s girlfriend, kids in town spoke to CR, kids in town are now saying he’s a creeper

Did they have evidence, Fitbit, that she was alive?

RT thoughts came from the information he gathered or was told. He is a smart guy and very well spoken. He didn’t just come up with that for no good reason. JMO

You know, that thought leads to a horrific possibility... I can imagine a scenario where Mollie was abducted and held captive until the search and the media coverage got so intense he had to get rid of her. God I hope that’s just my wild imagination.
The affidavit gave specific times of the crime. It lasted about 45 minutes. I think that is correct - she was abducted, killed, and hidden in rapid succession. She was killed before anyone knew she was missing. imo

What’s really bothering me right now, is the statement Mollie’s dad made about how he thought someone could be holding her & that this person misunderstood the relationship, that maybe they were in over their heads thinking there was no way out...
I don’t want to think Mollie was being held, all that time, but what if she was? Is it a possibility?? MOO

no way she was killed in struggle to get away to much digital stuff with fitbit to know that, but there is basically no way to completely figure all this out.

If he told anyone they would have ratted him out along time ago between the money and the heartache.

Her dad only said this because it was literally the only way his daughter could be alive, and he was holding out all hope
RIP Mollie.

You know, that thought leads to a horrific possibility... I can imagine a scenario where Mollie was abducted and held captive until the search and the media coverage got so intense he had to get rid of her. God I hope that’s just my wild imagination.
That's my fear not just for Mollie but other victims of human traffickers who may have been stashed there. It's so close to I-80 yet so remote.

The bags of can's are common in Iowa because of the recycling program. Each can is worth a nickel. Given the proximity to I-80, you can see the house from street view. Who knows what you would find in the cans, do they walk I-80 and pick up cans? Who knows.

These are young people living in a town with little to do. It's probably their own accumulated stash of beer cans.

If you zoom out on this map, where the road on the north east side of brooklyn makes the 2 curves. The next road you can turn on is v21, his house is the house closest to I-80 on the map, the body was found on the other side of I-80 (south) and west a couple miles. Not sure if he abducted her where the bend is or not. To quote someone here, 6 minutes to his house from that corner.

His confession doesn't match todays developments, IMO.

I'm glad the FBI is going thru his house, I don't see him driving past with someone in the trunk and not stopping. I think there is a lot more to this story.

You got this IMO.

RT thoughts came from the information he gathered or was told. He is a smart guy and very well spoken. He didn’t just come up with that for no good reason. JMO

The affidavit had the time of incident lasting about 45 minutes so I think they know when her heart stopped because of the fitbit.

I think he was just hoping she was alive, which is completely understandable considering the circumstances.

LE said he wasn't even on there radar until after the video so who knows, maybe before that they had another main suspect in mind and thought maybe he was holding her.

The bags of can's are common in Iowa because of the recycling program. Each can is worth a nickel. Given the proximity to I-80, you can see the house from street view. Who knows what you would find in the cans, do they walk I-80 and pick up cans? Who knows.
(off topic) which reminds me of when I was in Berlin with an English speaking bike tour of the city. We were told that we were more likely to have our bottled water stolen than our bikes stolen. I seriously wish recycling programs would expand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL